Grimm Forum
Which fairy tale/medieval story would you like to see made into a Grimm episode? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Which fairy tale/medieval story would you like to see made into a Grimm episode? (/Thread-Which-fairy-tale-medieval-story-would-you-like-to-see-made-into-a-Grimm-episode)

Pages: 1 2 3

Which fairy tale/medieval story would you like to see made into a Grimm episode? - Berkilak de Hautdesert - 05-28-2014

Me, personally, I'd like to see a Grimm take on Gawain and the Green Knight!

RE: Which fairy tale/medieval story would you like to see made into a Grimm episode? - virgo79 - 05-28-2014

(05-28-2014, 09:17 AM)Berkilak de Hautdesert Wrote: Me, personally, I'd like to see a Grimm take on Gawain and the Green Knight!

That would be cool. Big Grin

They've somehow managed to avoid Snow White so far (though I feel the S2 finale, with Nick poisoned and undead, should have capitalized on that one) so I'd definitely like to see that one.

I'd also like to see them do selkies, and something with Native American skinwalkers.

RE: Which fairy tale/medieval story would you like to see made into a Grimm episode? - Elkhound - 05-28-2014

(05-28-2014, 10:06 AM)virgo79 Wrote:
(05-28-2014, 09:17 AM)Berkilak de Hautdesert Wrote: Me, personally, I'd like to see a Grimm take on Gawain and the Green Knight!

They've somehow managed to avoid Snow White so far (though I feel the S2 finale, with Nick poisoned and undead, should have capitalized on that one) so I'd definitely like to see that one.

I'd also like to see them do selkies, and something with Native American skinwalkers.

Er. . . wasn't Juliette being in the coma and awakened by the kiss of a prince Snow White?

And the mermaid episode was pretty much the same as skelkies.

And Windego are from Native American lore.

How about "Mollie Whuppie" or "The Nine Dancing Princesses" or "Tam Lin" or "The Princess & the Pea"?

"Hans My Hedgehog."

RE: Which fairy tale/medieval story would you like to see made into a Grimm episode? - wfmyers1207 - 05-28-2014

(05-28-2014, 10:11 AM)Elkhound Wrote:

Er. . . wasn't Juliette being in the coma and awakened by the kiss of a prince Snow White?

How about "Mollie Whuppie" or "The Nine Dancing Princesses" or "Tam Lin" or "The Princess & the Pea"?

"Hans My Hedgehog."

I would like to see more tales from Native American lore, there are more than just wyndigos. Also, perhaps something historically American, like the Jersey Devil.

RE: Which fairy tale/medieval story would you like to see made into a Grimm episode? - virgo79 - 05-28-2014

(05-28-2014, 10:11 AM)Elkhound Wrote:

"Hans My Hedgehog."

Juliette's coma was Sleeping Beauty. And look at Nick -- he's totally Snow White. Smile

Mmmm, mermaids and selkies are not at all the same creature or story.

Wendigos and Skinwalkers may come from similar origins, but they aren't the same creature. I love the idea of a Wesen that could change its appearance at will. And the Wendigos were a total letdown in the scare department, so I'd like to see them really deliver something frightening.

RE: Which fairy tale/medieval story would you like to see made into a Grimm episode? - speakeasy - 05-28-2014

I've put in a request for The Princess and The Pea before, so now I'll do it again.

How about The Ugly Duckling; with the 'human' side being hideous and the wesen form beautiful. Be an interesting twist to have the beautiful wesen be evil.

This isn't a fairy tale, but the Robin Hood character from folklore could be worked into an interesting episode, maybe two.

Always liked the moral lessons of The Tortoise and the Hare, and it would be fun to see a tortoise-like wesen go up against a rabbit-type wesen somehow. Or maybe a wesen sibling rivalry, with one being methodical and slow and the other reckless.

RE: Which fairy tale/medieval story would you like to see made into a Grimm episode? - Elkhound - 05-28-2014

(05-28-2014, 03:55 PM)virgo79 Wrote: Mmmm, mermaids and selkies are not at all the same creature or story.

In the episode, the mermaids couldn't reproduce with their own kind and needed human men for that. That's the same as selkies.

How is Nick "Snow White"? Who is the Wicked Stepmother? Who are the Seven Dwarfs? Who is the Prince?

RE: Which fairy tale/medieval story would you like to see made into a Grimm episode? - Berkilak de Hautdesert - 05-28-2014

(05-28-2014, 06:49 PM)Elkhound Wrote: Who is the Wicked Stepmother? Who are the Seven Dwarfs? Who is the Prince?

Who's on first? What's on second? I don't know --- third base!

RE: Which fairy tale/medieval story would you like to see made into a Grimm episode? - Elkhound - 05-29-2014

Aside from his pale complexion and dark hair, I see no resemblance between Nick and Snow White.

RE: Which fairy tale/medieval story would you like to see made into a Grimm episode? - Berkilak de Hautdesert - 05-29-2014

How about the story of the Six Swans?