Grimm Forum
X-Men Days of Future Past: Discussion - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Community (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Community)
+--- Forum: Movies (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Movies)
+--- Thread: X-Men Days of Future Past: Discussion (/Thread-X-Men-Days-of-Future-Past-Discussion)

X-Men Days of Future Past: Discussion - grimmfreak - 05-23-2014

What did people think?

I just saw this and it was even better than I expected and I expected it to be good. This years Marvel movie line up has been the best ever. I'm all for the MCU being united under one roof (even if it is Disney) but I'm more than satisfied with the job being done by the various studios right now.

DoFP was excellent in both actions scenes and dramatic content. Also, it, like ASM2 brought tiers to my eyes, a feet not many movies can achieve.

as for more specifics I'll put them under spoilers...

Spoiler :
Qucksilver was awesome,especially in one scene where everything stops as he runs around making a bunch of guards punch themselves out... Hilarious.

The post apocalyptic scenes were brilliant both in special effects and dramatic intrigue. It also allowed them to include more characters from the X-Men's present and future like Bishop and Blink, awesome.

It was great to see Magneto against the the world kicking so much butt and only to be undone.

The post credit scene seems to confirm the rumor that the next X-Men film will feature Apocalypse.. My favorite villan

RE: X-Men Days of Future Past: Discussion - the-epic-prince - 05-29-2014

I really enjoyed the movie, with the exception of mystique. they changed her character too drastically for me.

RE: X-Men Days of Future Past: Discussion - grimmfreak - 05-29-2014

(05-29-2014, 10:27 AM)the-epic-prince Wrote: I really enjoyed the movie, with the exception of mystique. they changed her character too drastically for me.
Yeah, they did a lot to Mystique so that she would fit the plot... I didn't mind it but I know it pissed some people off.

RE: X-Men Days of Future Past: Discussion - grimmfreak - 05-31-2014

Just saw the movie a second time and enjoyed it even more
@the-epic-prince
this time I was not only didn't mind the changes in Mystique but appreciated it even more. A big part of the film was the idea that a person can change no matter what mistakes they made in the past. I know a lot of people who have come from places and done things that would make you think they were destined to be evil, instead they are some of the most compassionate and loving people. The Mystique storyline makes this the best movie I've seen this year.

RE: X-Men Days of Future Past: Discussion - the-epic-prince - 06-01-2014

I didn't like it because it was a utter change in the comic book character's story. Mystique in the comics was really an evil (98 percent of the time) villain who only cared for herself.

RE: X-Men Days of Future Past: Discussion - grimmfreak - 06-01-2014

(06-01-2014, 11:47 AM)the-epic-prince Wrote: I didn't like it because it was a utter change in the comic book character's story. Mystique in the comics was really an evil (98 percent of the time) villain who only cared for herself.

ah, I see, yeah, I accepted that the movies and comics are different worlds a long time ago... I wish they'd sync the worlds better but it won't be happening anytime soon... besides if they did they would probably reboot the comics to sync with the MCU and piss everyone off.

RE: X-Men Days of Future Past: Discussion - GrimmForum - 06-03-2014

I saw this movie recently, and I wasn't disappointed one bit. Albeit, I watched the movies, and not the comics, so I didn't watch it with the same expectations as you, the-epic-prince. That said,
Spoiler :
I liked how the movie ended with the original X-Men team being reunited.