Grimm Forum
Trubel - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Characters (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Characters)
+--- Thread: Trubel (/Thread-Trubel)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Trubel - nonvtec - 05-20-2014

Does anyone else see a resemblance between Nick and Trubel? I don't know if its just the dark hair or what. Think there is anything to it or am I just reading into something that isn't really there? Sorry if this has been addressed already.

RE: Trubel - grimmfreak - 05-20-2014

Yes, some of us have addressed this in other threads. Some have put forth the theory that the writers may reveal that Trubel is Nicks long lost sister. My personal opinion is that this would be pretty far fetched and a bit contrived but who knows, anything could happen.

RE: Trubel - Berkilak de Hautdesert - 05-21-2014

(05-20-2014, 09:56 AM)grimmfreak Wrote: Yes, some of us have addressed this in other threads. Some have put forth the theory that the writers may reveal that Trubel is Nicks long lost sister. My personal opinion is that this would be pretty far fetched and a bit contrived but who knows, anything could happen.

My only worry about that is that, if Juliette and Nick break up, and Nick and Trubel have a brief romantic liaison, will the Grimm writers go all "Game of Thrones" on us?

RE: Trubel - nonvtec - 05-22-2014

(05-21-2014, 11:28 AM)Berkilak de Hautdesert Wrote:
(05-20-2014, 09:56 AM)grimmfreak Wrote: Yes, some of us have addressed this in other threads. Some have put forth the theory that the writers may reveal that Trubel is Nicks long lost sister. My personal opinion is that this would be pretty far fetched and a bit contrived but who knows, anything could happen.

My only worry about that is that, if Juliette and Nick break up, and Nick and Trubel have a brief romantic liaison, will the Grimm writers go all "Game of Thrones" on us?

I figure she is supposed to be more of a little sister figure than a romantic interest for Nick. I seriously doubt they will ever have a Game of Thrones Lannister relationship on network TV haha, but who knows anymore.

RE: Trubel - speakeasy - 05-22-2014

(05-22-2014, 07:42 AM)nonvtec Wrote:

I figure she is supposed to be more of a little sister figure than a romantic interest for Nick. I seriously doubt they will ever have a Game of Thrones Lannister relationship on network TV haha, but who knows anymore.

Ish.

Can't see any chemistry there and Trubel comes across as a real loner. She needs alot of solid support from the older people in her life who understand and can guide her right now. And if Nick can get past Juliette and Renard's close encounter, then she should forgive him for something he wasn't complicit in. I really, really want them to stay together. She's been through the ringer with this life of Nick's, and is just hitting her stride with contributing to the cause. She gets along great with his two best friends and she and Rosalee seem very fond of each other. Juliette also has alot of scientific training that could prove invaluable down the line.

RE: Trubel - Berkilak de Hautdesert - 05-22-2014

(05-22-2014, 02:10 PM)speakeasy Wrote:
(05-22-2014, 07:42 AM)nonvtec Wrote:

Ish.

Can't see any chemistry there and Trubel comes across as a real loner. She needs alot of solid support from the older people in her life who understand and can guide her right now. And if Nick can get past Juliette and Renard's close encounter, then she should forgive him for something he wasn't complicit in. I really, really want them to stay together. She's been through the ringer with this life of Nick's, and is just hitting her stride with contributing to the cause. She gets along great with his two best friends and she and Rosalee seem very fond of each other. Juliette also has alot of scientific training that could prove invaluable down the line.

I really don't see any chemistry between Truble and Nick, either. However, Trubel has never BEEN in a position to develop chemistry with anyone, and Nick is the one who showed her that she's not crazy...

And from another angle, the folks on Grimm can trace their roots back to a show where Buffy the Slayer first tried to kill a vampire named Spike, and then ended up sleeping with him. Which makes a non-illusional Nick/Adalind pairing not all that far-fetched.

I wouldn't mind seeing another Web Exclusive between Rosalee and Juliette. They do get along, and one of the things I like about their friendship is that they do stuff that has nothing to do with the Wesen world, like hold a Pampered Chef Party (or whatever that was). On the rare occasion that Nick isn't bringing a Wesen problem to Monroe, it's Monroe bringing a Wesen problem to him.

But I'm still having a problem with the Juliette/Nick relationship being permanent. I think someone else said on this thread or another that the best chemistry anyone's seen between the two is when Adalind had shapeshifted into Juliette. And as far as Juliette and Renard are concerned, would Nick be as forgiving if, instead of finding out the two had shared a passionate kiss, the two of them had been in bed together?

RE: Trubel - speakeasy - 05-22-2014

(05-22-2014, 05:07 PM)Berkilak de Hautdesert Wrote:
(05-22-2014, 02:10 PM)speakeasy Wrote: Can't see any chemistry there and Trubel comes across as a real loner. She needs alot of solid support from the older people in her life who understand and can guide her right now. And if Nick can get past Juliette and Renard's close encounter, then she should forgive him for something he wasn't complicit in. I really, really want them to stay together. She's been through the ringer with this life of Nick's, and is just hitting her stride with contributing to the cause. She gets along great with his two best friends and she and Rosalee seem very fond of each other. Juliette also has alot of scientific training that could prove invaluable down the line.

I really don't see any chemistry between Truble and Nick, either. However, Trubel has never BEEN in a position to develop chemistry with anyone, and Nick is the one who showed her that she's not crazy...

And from another angle, the folks on Grimm can trace their roots back to a show where Buffy the Slayer first tried to kill a vampire named Spike, and then ended up sleeping with him. Which makes a non-illusional Nick/Adalind pairing not all that far-fetched.

I wouldn't mind seeing another Web Exclusive between Rosalee and Juliette. They do get along, and one of the things I like about their friendship is that they do stuff that has nothing to do with the Wesen world, like hold a Pampered Chef Party (or whatever that was). On the rare occasion that Nick isn't bringing a Wesen problem to Monroe, it's Monroe bringing a Wesen problem to him.

But I'm still having a problem with the Juliette/Nick relationship being permanent. I think someone else said on this thread or another that the best chemistry anyone's seen between the two is when Adalind had shapeshifted into Juliette. And as far as Juliette and Renard are concerned, would Nick be as forgiving if, instead of finding out the two had shared a passionate kiss, the two of them had been in bed together?

If Trubel develops a romantic interest in Nick any time soon, it could be said that it was a result of a sort of doctor/patient or therapist/client syndrome. She is a young person who is just finding acceptance and even validation for the first time in her life, and should be allowed to see this new process through to a normal and positive conclusion. I just think that this experience would be short-circuited if a personal relationship between them started that soon. Buffy and Spike both knew their relationship was not good for either of them. Buffy was going through a rotten time and even had a little self-hate thing going then, imo, but then not many of us escape having feelings like this at one time or another - she worked through it. At the end of the affair she told him she had used him, and I believe he truly loved her and knew this all the time. Always loved Spike! But if Nick didn't end up with Juliette, don't think he'd choose Adalind because she's just too bad a wesen. I'd find a way to accept it if it did happen, tho', because I still like her deep down.

Didn't see the Web Exclusive you reference; like to have caught it.

There are alot of fans who feel the way you do about Nick and Juliette together and I don't know why I feel I see a genuine love between the two, but I do. If they separate and go their separate ways, I will be sad. Good question about the degree of intimacy between the two couples. But consider that Juliette and Renard probably would have slept together if the fury hadn't set in from the effects of the potion. It was meant to end in their wanting to kill each other and Juliette responded first - she pounded on Renard and then just barely stopped herself from killing him with his own revolver by shooting five rounds into the ceiling!

http://www.nbc.com/grimm/video/love-is-in-the-air-elegant-endeavors/2745968#i
http://www.nbc.com/grimm/video/meltdown-the-complete-series/n42212#i
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWsLvjRs6yQ&list=PLapYiksMRfSbA61ffd1Bl2B2Id-MkdC0F

Those are the three web series of Grimm, if you haven't seen them. They're in reverse order.
The top one is Juliette and Rosalee, the middle one is Bud, Wu and Hank, and the bottom one is Bud, Monroe and Rosalee, all of them are funny

RE: Trubel - pale boy - 05-22-2014

(05-20-2014, 08:49 AM)nonvtec Wrote: Does anyone else see a resemblance between Nick and Trubel? I don't know if its just the dark hair or what. Think there is anything to it or am I just reading into something that isn't really there? Sorry if this has been addressed already.

I've been pretending that they are secretly half-siblings, so no, you're not the only one. Smile It'd be awesome to see her find roots.

(05-22-2014, 06:17 PM)speakeasy Wrote: There are alot of fans who feel the way you do about Nick and Juliette together and I don't know why I feel I see a genuine love between the two, but I do. If they separate and go their separate ways, I will be sad. Good question about the degree of intimacy between the two couples. But consider that Juliette and Renard probably would have slept together if the fury hadn't set in from the effects of the potion. It was meant to end in their wanting to kill each other and Juliette responded first - she pounded on Renard and then just barely stopped herself from killing him with his own revolver by shooting five rounds into the ceiling!

Don't get me wrong, I want to see Juliette stick around, and I think there is so much untapped potential in the character. But for some reason, nothing seems to click between the two (at least in my eyes). Now, Monroe and Rosalee, they're like the hippy couple that you just can't see apart.

As far as Juliette forgiving Nick, what if there were no Wesen involved, Nick just got really drunk, and the next morning finds himself in bed with one of Juliette's girlfriends? I can't see Juliette forgiving that. So I'm wondering can she make her mind wrap around the whole Adalind doppleganger thing, or will her mind subconsciously revert to the waking up hungover with my best friend scenario?

Now, let's assume Juliette and Nick have their second separation, and Nick and Trubel end up sharing quarters. Heck, they may even end up staying in Aunt Marie's newly relocated trailer! Anyway, they end up battling a legion of Verrat or something equally rough, have a few drinks, and with the combination of alcohol, adrenaline, Trubel never having had a real friend before, and Nick's better judgment being greatly diminished by alcohol....