Grimm Forum
S3E22 - Blond Ambition - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 3 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-3)
+---- Thread: S3E22 - Blond Ambition (/Thread-S3E22-Blond-Ambition)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: S3E22 - Blond Ambition - NorCalZombie - 05-27-2014

(05-27-2014, 03:46 PM)Lavinia Wrote: Hi, new to this forum, after having Grimm marathon during heavy raining spring months. Anyway, I am gobsmacked by all the Adalind hate. Nick's family member killed her mother, Nick stole her powers and thus her whole identity, and is currently in a middle of a plot that deprives her of her child. Aaaand instead of a bloodbath retaliation worthy of a hexenbiest, the worst thing that happened to him was one season of love troubles, and now this free quickie 'rape' non issue (de-powerization consequences aside). Actually, there is this rumor -gasp- some men find hot blondes stalking them for sex exciting! Angel

Her mother's death was something to be expected when she went up against Nick. You don't poke a tiger and not expect to be bit. Nick depriving her of her power was a "better" option for Nick at the time. He simply could've killed her, probably should've looking back on it. And if she identifies herself solely based on her abilities, that's a psychological problem, one she had before Nick. Just like an athlete that thinks his/her life is over because his/her career has come to a close. Depriving her of her child was also her own doing. The moment someone uses a child as a currency, I feel they forfeit any and all rights to that child.

I don't see Adalind going anywhere, anytime soon. Viktor is the only big bad without her, and quite frankly, not a good one at that. Adalind is by far, the more interesting antagonist, as much as I dislike her, she is needed. I would love to see Ariel, the dämonfeuer, return. I think she would definitely make things a bit more fiery. Cool

And Trubel has kinda grown on me, but at the same time I have to blame the writers. She was shoved down our throats with no gradual buildup. As others have said, her back story doesn't match her personality, not really. For being "crazy" she honestly seems too well adjusted.

RE: S3E22 - Blond Ambition - virgo79 - 05-28-2014

I enjoy Adalind as a villain and a complex character. I think she's actually the most formidable adversary the group's ever come up against. She's been, in turns, both gleefully evil and sympathetic. She was unquestionably evil in S1, yet she was also genuinely devoted to Renard and her mother, both of whom promptly spit on her when she was stripped of her powers doing their bidding. Renard was stupid enough to disregard her, and even from the low point she'd been knocked to, she managed to stick it to him big time. She's done horrible things to people, and has had horrible things done to her, and for me, the character is complex enough that that back-and-forth raises some really compelling questions about what someone is owed, good or bad, at certain points in their journey.

I have a big problem with how the baby storyline was handled. I don't know that Adalind would have been a good mother, but I do think that she experienced a change of heart about her daughter between her conception and the purpose she originally planned for her, and her birth and their time together. I didn't like that there was no sense of the good guys wrestling with the moral issues of stealing the baby, and never even discussing the idea of letting Adalind in on the plan when she was demonstrating concern for the baby. Whatever the right course of action was with the baby, the heroes didn't come out of that one looking very heroic. And then Renard, as usual, made everything worse by giving her the stupidest cover story he could come up with.

Her actions with Nick in the finale are vile, just as what she did to Hank in season 1 were vile. Sean and Viktor are each just as horrible for setting her to those tasks, but she's an equal partner villain for doing it.

I like the character, but that doesn't mean I support her actions. She's a villain -- one of this show's best, if not *the* best -- and a compelling one.

(05-27-2014, 03:46 PM)Lavinia Wrote: Aaaand instead of a bloodbath retaliation worthy of a hexenbiest, the worst thing that happened to him was one season of love troubles, and now this free quickie 'rape' non issue (de-powerization consequences aside). Actually, there is this rumor -gasp- some men find hot blondes stalking them for sex exciting! Angel

Since Nick seems pretty psychologically healthy overall, I doubt he's one of those men. Stalking is creepy, regardless of what the stalker happens to look like. Adalind posed as his partner -- he didn't consent to having sex with her. That's not a quickie; it's a violation (of both Nick and Juliette, because she used Juliette's identity to do it.) The respective sexes of the people involved and how attractive they are are irrelevant.

What Adalind did to Nick and Juliette (it wasn't just done to Nick) in season 2 was horrible. That wasn't just "love trouble" -- she very cruelly manipulated them, she endangered Juliette, and she violated Juliette two ways: by stealing her memory, which is what makes us who we are, and by subjecting her to the lust curse that robbed her of her agency -- that was essentially a supernatural roofie, and everything that it brought on raised huge consent issues.

RE: S3E22 - Blond Ambition - duchessdeer - 06-09-2014

I was taken by surprise by the sudden change of the series. Going from "one Wesen every week" to all of the sudden revealing a lot of scenes which before were just in the background, going slowly forward. It shocked me a bit how overstuffed the last episodes were. I really wanted to know more about the royals, but this were so much changes in a short time, I don't know if I like it.

I don't like Adalind much. I certainly felt sorry for her a few episodes. Worst was to steel the baby from her. Giving your baby to the one you trust most and than getting betrayed like this is so cruel. I, becoming a mother only a year ago, had real problems to not just hate all the characters forever.
Nevertheless I would like to see Adalind leaving. The love or love not affair between her and the captain is getting on my nerves. Worst of all: becoming a "family" because of the baby.

For Renard I just hope he will be alive in season 4. I love the character and how deep it has become. Also I would like to see him becoming bad and rocking the show.

About Trubel I don't know what to think. I don't like how they made her. It's just so common with the bad childhood, the teenage-manners and the short hair... hm...
Oh yes, and the name... lol... that is just one more german-disaster.

I absolutly loved all about the wedding! It was such sweet and funny. I love them both!

Nick sleeping with Adalind as Juliette... nahhh... I didn't like that and was just like "What? They'ld never let this happen!" but they did. For me this is a NoGo and I think that this was the end for Juliette, too.

RE: S3E22 - Blond Ambition - Secret Keeper - 06-10-2014

(06-09-2014, 12:23 PM)duchessdeer Wrote: About Trubel I don't know what to think. I don't like how they made her. It's just so common with the bad childhood, the teenage-manners and the short hair... hm...

How is her name a German disaster?

RE: S3E22 - Blond Ambition - duchessdeer - 06-10-2014

(06-10-2014, 12:08 AM)Secret Keeper Wrote:
(06-09-2014, 12:23 PM)duchessdeer Wrote: About Trubel I don't know what to think. I don't like how they made her. It's just so common with the bad childhood, the teenage-manners and the short hair... hm...

How is her name a German disaster?

Trubel is a German word and I don't like what they are doing with all those strange words around the series. Maybe they picked it because they could pronounce it like Trouble, or they thought Trubel would mean the same as Trouble, I don't know. I dislike it.
Trubel means mostly turmoil, when somewhere is a lot going on.

RE: S3E22 - Blond Ambition - Secret Keeper - 06-10-2014

It never occurred to me they were thinking of it as a German word at all. I had some sense of Rubel being German, but Trubel was just T + Rubel, pronounced to sound like the English word to make an 'amusing' (to the people who made it up in-universe) nickname.

RE: S3E22 - Blond Ambition - Elkhound - 06-30-2014

(06-10-2014, 03:23 AM)duchessdeer Wrote: Trubel means mostly turmoil, when somewhere is a lot going on.

That certainly describes her!

RE: S3E22 - Blond Ambition - wfmyers1207 - 06-30-2014

That's interesting I never thought of it being a word in German either.

One thing I didn't consider before was how do you guys think the wesen community is going to react to the news that there is a new, young, female grimm in town? A couple of dozen wesen saw her at the wedding.

If nothing else, Bud will "accidentally" blab all about it!Big Grin

RE: S3E22 - Blond Ambition - Starfury - 06-30-2014

After the initial shock of finding out, there is a new Grimm in town, to misquote that old cliche Smile, it will really depend on her actions. If she is kill wesen first ask questions later kind of Grimm then things are going to go down hill fast. But if her primary instinct of fight or flight can be tempered by her association with the Grimm gang then perhaps they can come to a similar kind of acceptance as Nick seems to have with those that have come to know him. Yes he has killed wesen, but never as a knee jerk reaction based solely on his heritage, it has always been in pursuit of either a case or self preservation. Only once to my recollection does he fail to follow this pattern and that is when he took out the 4 Verrat in search of information.

RE: S3E22 - Blond Ambition - wfmyers1207 - 06-30-2014

Probably right. When you mentioned 4 werrat, that also brought to mind the previous episode. When Nick, Hank and Truble took down the werrat in the hospital parking lot. Now, given the royal families wealth and connections, I figure these guys were lawyered up, out on bail and out of the country using phony passports before dinner the next day (after all, all they really had them on was assaulting an officer). That means the werrat also know there is another grimm in town. This could make Truble's life very interesting in future.Tongue