Grimm Forum
S3E21 - The Inheritance - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 3 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-3)
+---- Thread: S3E21 - The Inheritance (/Thread-S3E21-The-Inheritance)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

S3E21 - The Inheritance - GrimmForum - 05-09-2014

Season 3 Episode 21
The Inheritance

[Image: T8stxJtl.jpg]

Air Date: May 9, 2014

Synopsis: Nick (David Giuntoli) and Hank (Russell Hornsby) are called to investigate a homicide, and quickly learn the victim was from a special section of the Verrat tasked with finding rare objects pertaining to the Wesen world. Trubel (guest star Jacqueline Toboni) gets involved with a mysterious father-and-son tandem that crossed the country in a desperate attempt to deliver invaluable cargo to "the Portland Grimm." Meanwhile, Captain Renard (Sasha Roiz) begins to grow suspicious of Adalind’s (Claire Coffee) recent behavior and quietly decides to put extra eyes on her. Bitsie Tulloch, Silas Weir Mitchell, Reggie Lee and Bree Turner also star.

After next week's season finale, the Grimm Forum community will be rewatching Season 2 throughout the Summer. You can find more information here. Hope you join us!

RE: S3E21 - The Inheritance - wfmyers1207 - 05-09-2014

Now, there must be a problem with the editing of the episode or they're now just messing with us. I watched the episode and Nick and Hank were not called in on a double homicide. There was 1 verat killed and Nick and Hank were not called in. For those who have not seen the episode yet I will say no more.

RE: S3E21 - The Inheritance - grimmfreak - 05-10-2014

(05-09-2014, 11:42 PM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: Now, there must be a problem with the editing of the episode or they're now just messing with us. I watched the episode and Nick and Hank were not called in on a double homicide. There was 1 verat killed and Nick and Hank were not called in. For those who have not seen the episode yet I will say no more.
I noticed this as well... still, it was a great episode. A pit predictable but great.

RE: S3E21 - The Inheritance - GrimminFlorida1 - 05-10-2014

I thought last nights show was pretty good. I've always thought Adalind has a weird crush on Nick. Something tells me she's trying to control his mind to murder Renard[watch out capt.].

I feel bad for Monroe and Rosalee. Their wedding is going to be horrible. The season final is looking good.

RE: S3E21 - The Inheritance - GrimmForum - 05-10-2014

(05-09-2014, 11:42 PM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: Now, there must be a problem with the editing of the episode or they're now just messing with us. I watched the episode and Nick and Hank were not called in on a double homicide. There was 1 verat killed and Nick and Hank were not called in. For those who have not seen the episode yet I will say no more.

Good point - I changed the synopsis so that it's no longer a double homicide.

RE: S3E21 - The Inheritance - Gretel Hanselsister - 05-10-2014

No, I didn't like this episode. It felt constructed to me, someone wanted to bring action and a lot of cliffhanger story lines. For any price.

Obviously, Trubel wasn't enogh. They had to bring another Grimm. Josh is no Grimm, not even a Kehrseite-Schlich-kennen, and this is hard to believe. His father kept telling him for years and he didn't even listen like a child would listen to fairytales? I guess he will turn into a Grimm in no time, like Nick became a Grimm as Aunt Marie died. Nick said to him "Josh, just 'cause you can't see them [Wesen] now, doesn't mean you won't some day". I really don't need another Grimm. Rolleyes

Trubel went with Josh to see his father, because she couldn't reach Nick on his mobile. What? Nick never walked a step without his mobile in three seasons (except when he was a zombie).

Why needs the Verrat a special section "Ahnenerbe" (ancestors inheritance) "tasked with finding anything involving rare objects the occult and the supernatural"? The Verrat went after Nick and his key some times before, they didn't need neither to be "Ahnenerbe" nor a special filigrane tattoo.
[Image: 321verratahnenerbe1fevh.jpg]

After the old Grimm's death they looked for the key in the trunk, pulled everything apart as if it was a bunch of rags. How would Nick react if someone was treating his trailer likewise?
Every spectator instantly knew the clue to the key was the cane, the dying man told them. But Nick and his friends needed what felt like ages to find out.

Yes, and then the second key and the map. Such a big disappointment for me.
[Image: 321key51iry.jpg]
I really hoped I can see something what helps to find the region in Germany where the treasure can be found Cool
But then: you can read words like "Wasserfall" (waterfall), "Burg" (castle), "Höhe" (height), [or is it "Höhle"(cave)?] you simply won't find this words on any map at all. Waterfalls, castles and heights have names. This map shows everything and nothing. On the right you find Rhö... what could mean Rhön, you can find the Rhön mountains some hundred kilometers north of the Black Forest.
I really liked the idea of the map, I saw more than there was in fact, it's not nice to feel stupid Dodgy

RE: S3E21 - The Inheritance - NorCalZombie - 05-10-2014

This episode bugged the heck out of me. To me the writers just walked out with this story. Nick not having his cell on him, I could handle, but what I thought was a total crock was that Trubel only tried to call him once. ONCE! Something of the scale that was taking place seemed important enough to continue to try.

Another thing on Trubel, the way her eyes widened and lit up when she saw another book, like she's a miner with gold fever. The whole time I kept expecting her to take the trunk and flee with it, just to keep it to herself. I'm glad she didn't, but to me that was the way she was portraying it.

Okay, did anyone else have a problem with Hank and Trubel taking on the Verrat like it was just any ol' wesen?

Cast is getting too thick. I seriously hope this was the first and last we see.

RE: S3E21 - The Inheritance - dragonmischief - 05-10-2014

(05-10-2014, 05:15 AM)GrimminFlorida1 Wrote: I thought last nights show was pretty good. I've always thought Adalind has a weird crush on Nick. Something tells me she's trying to control his mind to murder Renard[watch out capt.].

I feel bad for Monroe and Rosalee. Their wedding is going to be horrible. The season final is looking good.

Oh, I hope not, I'm looking forward to it, but with 'mixed' friends, you know things could to bad.

RE: S3E21 - The Inheritance - Gaultheria - 05-10-2014

(05-10-2014, 05:15 AM)GrimminFlorida1 Wrote: I've always thought Adalind has a weird crush on Nick. Something tells me she's trying to control his mind to murder Renard[watch out capt.].

That could make Renard another martyr for the resistance, though. He has credit with them in part because of his Wesen nature, and so taking that away, without killing him, could cause dissent in the resistance. I'm guessing that's the royals' plan, although Adalind probably has her own agenda.

RE: S3E21 - The Inheritance - grimmfreak - 05-10-2014

(05-10-2014, 05:15 AM)GrimminFlorida1 Wrote: I thought last nights show was pretty good. I've always thought Adalind has a weird crush on Nick. Something tells me she's trying to control his mind to murder Renard[watch out capt.].
I think she's trying to switch forms with Nick.
Spoiler :
in the preview for finale we see everyone except Nick looking all shocked when someone comes in from the other room. That's probably Nick coming in changed into Adalind... Also when we saw Renard in another preview apparently being shot the look on his face was one of utter surprise