Grimm Forum
S3E20 - My Fair Wesen - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 3 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-3)
+---- Thread: S3E20 - My Fair Wesen (/Thread-S3E20-My-Fair-Wesen)

Pages: 1 2 3

S3E20 - My Fair Wesen - GrimmForum - 05-02-2014

Season 3 Episode 20
My Fair Wesen

[Image: bBUC83cl.jpg]

Air Date: May 2, 2014

Synopsis: Nick (David Giuntoli) does his best to educate Trubel (guest star Jacqueline Toboni) on how best to handle the world she is learning about for the first time, and decides it best to bring her on a ride along with Hank (Russell Hornsby). They find themselves investigating the homicide of a young woman that strikes a chord for Trubel. Meanwhile, Adalind (Claire Coffee) makes a discovery that she hopes will lead her to regain something she has lost. Bitsie Tulloch, Silas Weir Mitchell, Sasha Roiz, Reggie Lee and Bree Turner also star.

What are your thoughts on tonight's episode?

RE: S3E20 - My Fair Wesen - GrimminFlorida1 - 05-02-2014

I'm falling more in love with Jacqueline ToboniHeart.

RE: S3E20 - My Fair Wesen - wfmyers1207 - 05-02-2014

She is a lovely young woman. To bad I'm old enough to be her grandpa!
Confused

RE: S3E20 - My Fair Wesen - Gretel Hanselsister - 05-03-2014

(05-02-2014, 08:17 PM)wfmyers1207 Wrote: She is a lovely young woman. To bad I'm old enough to be her grandpa!
Confused

Welcome to the forum! Smile

I liked the episode. Trubel behaves like a bull in a china shop, I don't envy Nick for his new babysitter job. But it's fun to watch Big Grin.

My impression: the writers had problems to tell a large story in one episode, some answers came a bit fast. How could they know the shoplifting was organized? The victim had a file saying she was caught for shoplifting years ago, for me it's not logical to assume she's doing nothing else since then, so let's look for recently reported shoplifting.

Adalind and Catherines book: My husband guessed immediately that she would need blood to open it. Not really an inventive idea. And who would grab a piece of glass to cut a book open? Hrmpf Confused

Good to see another two Lebensaugers, I liked the episode S2E10 with Ryan the intern. And I'm looking forward to our Season 2 rewatch! Smile

RE: S3E20 - My Fair Wesen - Hyndara - 05-03-2014

They really want to kill the show ... *shakes head in disbelief*
Where is Grimm? Where is the show I fell in love with? There's nothing left now ... *cries once more*

RE: S3E20 - My Fair Wesen - Fuchsbauer - 05-03-2014

Oh man, I loved this episode. Trubel was really badass when taking on those Lebensaugers. And I loved the Lebensaugers! I felt bad for Ryan, but these guys seemed very intimidating and scary (though they did get owned by Trubel). Also, I'm liking Trubel a lot.

And about time they got back to the key! I literally shouted "holy crap!" when I saw the second key. I really can't wait to see what happens next week. Looks like their building up to one hell of a finale.

RE: S3E20 - My Fair Wesen - NorCalZombie - 05-03-2014

(05-03-2014, 08:57 AM)Hyndara Wrote: They really want to kill the show ... *shakes head in disbelief*

I completely agree with you. I personally can't stand Trubel. I think she's a horrible addition to the show. Appears I'm in the minority on this one.

To me this was pretty much just a filler episode. Only arc point that was advanced, slightly, by it was Adalind's and even then it was lackluster. I don't buy Adalind being dumb enough to jam a shard of mirror into a book over and over. I'm just going to put that down as her being frustrated with the situation and everything she's been through.

RE: S3E20 - My Fair Wesen - Sable677 - 05-03-2014

I liked the episode, but I wish things had moved along a little more. Not much focus on Adalind's endgame or on Monroe/Rosalee. Trubel is all right, but I would rather see more focus on Nick and the gang leading up to the finale.

RE: S3E20 - My Fair Wesen - pale boy - 05-03-2014

Really loved this episode. Filler isn't necessarily a bad thing (everything can be done well) and I liked that there were quite a few comedic notes around. Levity has been missing lately. There was also some action on plotlines that seemed dropped, namely Adalind's mother (or rather the aftermath of mommy dearest's death) and Wu's brush with a Wesen. Most of all, I really enjoyed seeing Trubel suckerpunch the creep of the week -- that guy gave off pervy cult leader vibes all over the place, rather than 'shop lifting ring leader'. (In the US where I live, you just get to know the small-town religious weirdos by sight.) Half expected him to try and sacrifice someone to Cthulhu; he certainly had the face for it. He was bad enough just taking advantage of those girls the way he did. Thoroughly despicable baddie. Deserved every punch.

I feel badly for Adalind. There was a flashback reminder of just how awful her mother was to her, and then there is the fact that we, the audience, know she's being lied to by everyone about her baby. She wants Diana back because she is lonely. Sad That's just going to make it much worse when Adalind goes with Prince Viktor's plan.

On a lighter note, it was fun watching a bunch of childless adults try to deal with a semi-feral teenager. (Although at first, Juliette really wasn't keen on this whole "hey, honey, a stray Grimm followed me home! Can I keep it?" routine from Nick.) It practically turned into a game of Hot Potato when Nick and Hank took Trubel to Monroe & Rosalee's place.

Also: When will Wu be part of the Monster Mayhem Treehouse Club?! C'mon, he's one of the cool kids.

RE: S3E20 - My Fair Wesen - wfmyers1207 - 05-03-2014

I may be wrong, but the way I see this season playing out is that Adaline does something to Nick and Truble has to take up the slack until they get it sorted out. Also, I believe in the next episode, the older, dying grimm is going to pass on not only the 2nd key, but some other vital grimm material.

I know some folks think they are spreading the story line a little thin adding Truble's character, but really I don't see Nick's Mom coming back very soon and dang if Jacqueline Toboni ain't damn cute! I've always had a weak spot for dark eyed brunettes. Rolleyes

From the season finale teaser it looks like Capt. Renard is going to be out for awhile as well, don't know if they would kill off his character, he's very important to this whole deal with the Royals, but he may be out of action for a bit.