Grimm Forum
Adalind's Baby? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Adalind's Baby? (/Thread-Adalind-s-Baby)

Pages: 1 2

Adalind's Baby? - Rumpelstiltskin - 05-02-2014

Anyone else getting a little tired of this theme? Pretty drawn out now

I miss the old Grimm days when every episode was a new challenge for Nick, Hank and Monroe

RE: Adalind's Baby? - Elkhound - 05-02-2014

(05-02-2014, 05:34 AM)Rumpelstiltskin Wrote: Anyone else getting a little tired of this theme? Pretty drawn out now

I miss the old Grimm days when every episode was a new challenge for Nick, Hank and Monroe
That arc is pretty much resolved.

Personally, I think that "monster of the week" can get a bit old, too--switching back and forth between the two provides a little variety.

RE: Adalind's Baby? - Rumpelstiltskin - 05-02-2014

(05-02-2014, 06:14 AM)Elkhound Wrote:
(05-02-2014, 05:34 AM)Rumpelstiltskin Wrote: Anyone else getting a little tired of this theme? Pretty drawn out now

Personally, I think that "monster of the week" can get a bit old, too--switching back and forth between the two provides a little variety.

Definitely- but I can't even remember the last time there was an actual episode with a new species dedicated to that. Like the mermaid one

RE: Adalind's Baby? - speakeasy - 05-03-2014

I don't get it. I see alot of posts around here that the Adalind/baby arc is over. Don't see how the writers can avoid working with the subject when the baby is so important to so many groups.

Guess it's inevitable that as programs evolve they get more complicated because there is more history to be worked into the overall story progression. Events have to be connected and that takes away from the newness a show has at the beginning, when everything is a discovery. I am still a big fan, but we're at a place now when I also get weary of sitting through storylines that don't hold my interest as much as others. Guess the trade-off would be less depth to the characters if we stuck to a wesen-of-the-week format - but that first season when it was done like that was so great. Now it seems the wesen world has almost been completely revealed to us and we're moving on to their individual involvement in the over-arching story. The fairy tale element is all but gone now; don't see why we couldn't work some of that back into the mix.

A couple of fairy tale-like stories I'd like to see an episode about are The Princess and the Pea and story about the race between the tortoise and the hare. Surely some dark and bloody storyline could be built loosely around those themes!

RE: Adalind's Baby? - Fuchsbauer - 06-07-2014

I just realized something. Diana is Hexenbiest, right? We haven't seen her woge yet. The most we get is from her eyes (I love it when she does that, very creepy). Her eyes woge into a deep blue or a light purple. When woged, Hexenbiests appear to have holes for eyes. Is what Diana is exhibiting specific to young Hexenbiests, or her? We already know she is not a normal Hexenbiest, that could be the part of it.

RE: Adalind's Baby? - wfmyers1207 - 06-07-2014

Indeed, Diana is not a normal hexenbeist. The weird things Adalind did to get her powers back changed Diana in the womb. Remember that wesen, and I assume hexenbeists, don't begin to manifest until puberty. So, her having power as an infant is very strange and dangerous. Can you imagine a 2 year old who can do magic throwing a tantrum!! Holy Batshit Fatman!!Big Grin

I can't see Kelly and Diana just disappearing from the show. She seems to be to important.
As the king said to Victor: "That child must be raised within these walls. Or, one day these walls will fall! Before I let that tragic history be written, bloody changes will be made!" That sounds pretty damn serious!Sad
Also inclines me to believe that the royals have some kind of prophecy regarding Diana. (From Stefania, the Gypsy?) Anyway, could it be that if she is raised by Kelly, she will become the royal's Nemesis?Dodgy

(05-02-2014, 09:59 AM)Rumpelstiltskin Wrote:
(05-02-2014, 06:14 AM)Elkhound Wrote:

Definitely- but I can't even remember the last time there was an actual episode with a new species dedicated to that. Like the mermaid one

Could be their going to use the new books they got from Rolek to introduce some new wesen. Nick and Truble both mentioned there were a lot of wesen types in Rolek's books that weren't in Nick's.

RE: Adalind's Baby? - Kilian - 06-09-2014

The idea I like to entertain is that the mix of royal with hexen/zauberbiest will allow this girl to grow faster and that kelly comes back maybe at the last quarter of the next season and suddenly has a 8 year old with her, because the power in this girl is just so overwelming and forces her body to adapt and thus seems to be older than she actually is

RE: Adalind's Baby? - wfmyers1207 - 06-10-2014

(06-09-2014, 09:16 PM)Kilian Wrote: The idea I like to entertain is that the mix of royal with hexen/zauberbiest will allow this girl to grow faster and that kelly comes back maybe at the last quarter of the next season and suddenly has a 8 year old with her, because the power in this girl is just so overwelming and forces her body to adapt and thus seems to be older than she actually is

I truly hope they don't do the "super baby" thing on Grimm. That's been done on other shows such as "V", "Stargate SG-1", etc. and it's always been a really lame storyline.

Better to just let Little Baby Beelzebub grow up off camera and have Nick's team do everything they can to make sure the royals never find her.

RE: Adalind's Baby? - Elkhound - 06-10-2014

We know the Royals aren't above using torture. A. can't tell what she doesn't know. Much better that she not know what happened to the little hellspawn.

RE: Adalind's Baby? - wfmyers1207 - 06-10-2014

(06-10-2014, 05:15 PM)Elkhound Wrote: We know the Royals aren't above using torture. A. can't tell what she doesn't know. Much better that she not know what happened to the little hellspawn.

Very true. I'm still inclined to the belief that when Adalind finds out that Victor doesn't have Little Baby Beelzebub she will try something really stupid to get revenge and Victor will use the werat to come down on her like a sledgehammer! That's if he doesn't do it himself. She really is of no more use to him now.