Grimm Forum
The Royals - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: The Royals (/Thread-The-Royals)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

The Royals - the-epic-prince - 04-03-2013

I have this strange theory that the Royal families have extended life, In "Last Grimm Standing" Leo Taymor said that royalty isn't what it used to be the with Renard saying "in the old days I would have had you drawn and quartered." Now he may have been saying that because that's how it went 500 years ago or he was there and remembered it. Then a recent episode his hallucination with Juliette turn very old might mean that he used to love a woman grew old so he left. But that is just my theory. Thoughts?

RE: The Royals - pale boy - 04-03-2013

That would be mind-blowing. It would make sense as to why people fear them so much -- they're not merely rich, but also long-lived. It would also explain why they're different than a Grimm like Nick.

I like it. :3

The show has hinted toward creatures even more supernatural than Wesen. For instance:

Spoiler :
the potentially unkillable La Llorona

did not seem to be a Wesen but something else entirely.

RE: The Royals - Martyr - 04-03-2013

That would be awesome and VERY mind-blowing.

By the way every time it seems like the royal castle is always dark and stormy or is that just me?

RE: The Royals - FräuleinWunderlich - 04-04-2013

Do we even now there humans? I can´t remember if it´s say in one of the episods. I think too, it would be crazy when you´re right with your theory.What i really want to know is the secret behind the symbol of the royals& varrat. I only know that they are germanic and i just know the tradtional meanic form it...

RE: The Royals - GrimmForum - 04-05-2013

I agree with everyone, this is a really interesting theory, and I think you may be onto something. This would also allow them to add scenes from the past, which would help people better understand the history of Grimms and the dynamics with their Royals.

RE: The Royals - pale boy - 04-05-2013

(04-04-2013, 01:25 PM)FräuleinWunderlich Wrote: Do we even now there humans? I can´t remember if it´s say in one of the episods. I think too, it would be crazy when you´re right with your theory.What i really want to know is the secret behind the symbol of the royals& varrat. I only know that they are germanic and i just know the tradtional meanic form it...

I think the prevailing theory is that at least one Royal family, that of the Renards, is actually a family of Grimms so that would make them as human as Nick. As far as the other Royal families go, there's no real confirmation or denial of what they might really be. Of course, they could just as easily be Houses of royal Wesen (unlikely, since Captain Renard appears to be only half Wesen and half something resembling a human). It could also be that they are simply ... human. Plain. Boring. Humans. It is little hard to believe that last one since they seem capable of spotting Wesen as well as instilling fear in them -- regular humans are unable to see Wesen unless the creatures reveal themselves.

The Verrat appear to be a Wesen group that serve the 7 Royal families.

RE: The Royals - Lou - 04-08-2013

We now know that Renard is half grimm and half .... whatever the male version of hexenbeasts are called.
I think the royal family he comes from is all like hexenbeasties. My only good evidence of this is when Adelaide met the old lady - she was some kind of royal - wasn't she? and she was a hexanbeast. And we know that some time in the past Royal family's kept Grimms. So maybe that will explain how a royal hexanbeast could mate with a grimm.
I think the all the royal families are some kind of Wessons. But they could be longer lived. Captain Renard has frequently referred to old fashioned stuff - but he could have just meant that was how his family used to do things.
According to Aunt Marie's old movies, the Verrat have been around at least as long ago as the Spanish Civil War, when the royal families used them to exterminate Wessons who inter-married. (or is it extra-married?)

RE: The Royals - GrimminFlorida1 - 04-08-2013

Who is the elderly woman juliete is now with? Last time we saw her was during the Halloween episode. I'm thinking she's maybe a grimm or even a royale. She seems to know a lot more then they are showing so far.

RE: The Royals - Lou - 04-08-2013

We met her during the episode where the La Llorna was snatching children. Juliette was needed to translate Spanish. The Senora showed up and seemed to know about La Lloran and also knew about Juliet's troubles. I'm thinking she is just a normal Mexican or South America Shaman or wise woman.

RE: The Royals - GrimminFlorida1 - 04-12-2013

(04-08-2013, 07:17 PM)Lou Wrote: We met her during the episode where the La Llorna was snatching children. Juliette was needed to translate Spanish. The Senora showed up and seemed to know about La Lloran and also knew about Juliet's troubles. I'm thinking she is just a normal Mexican or South America Shaman or wise woman.

I'd agree but never know. She could be a grimm herself. Portland is full of many different people.