Grimm Forum
SHIELD 1x17 "Turn, Turn, Turn" - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Television Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Television-Forum)
+--- Forum: TV Shows (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-TV-Shows)
+---- Forum: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Agents-of-S-H-I-E-L-D)
+---- Thread: SHIELD 1x17 "Turn, Turn, Turn" (/Thread-SHIELD-1x17-Turn-Turn-Turn)

SHIELD 1x17 "Turn, Turn, Turn" - pale boy - 04-10-2014

Quote: ... Coulson and his team find themselves without anyone they can trust, only to discover that they are trapped with a traitor in their midst ...

[Source]

That little quote up top is as much as can be said without fully spoiling this episode. But since this is an episode discussion thread, there's really no helping spoilers.

This was an insane episode. Have to say, I like Ward as a baddie, but there's still a chance (I think) that he is under some sort of mind control. I also didn't get the feeling that Garrett was really the Clairvoyant, just another underling. Oh, and Ward shot more people who were undoubtedly innocent, including Victoria Hand. Was not expecting that! I do wonder if maybe Ward is going to end up a triple agent; that is, he's ultimately playing against the bad guy but has to seem fairly evil to help the good guys.

Skye and Ward went exactly where I thought it'd go, which was 'meh', but I think we had some sort of weird almost love confession from May to Coulson. Which was ... Confused

RE: SHIELD 1x17 "Turn, Turn, Turn" - grimmfreak - 04-10-2014

AoS has finally hit stride... This episode was awesome!

RE: SHIELD 1x17 "Turn, Turn, Turn" - pale boy - 04-12-2014

I feel a little mean saying it, but it's been a while since I've entirely looked forward to the next episode of AoS.

RE: SHIELD 1x17 "Turn, Turn, Turn" - droid327 - 04-14-2014

I was thinking about it at lunch yesterday...I think its pretty inevitable that Ward is a triple agent. He checks his cartridge right before he turns and shoots Hand and the other agents - I think that was to make sure he was loaded with "night-night" rounds.

Its pretty obvious Garrett isn't the actual Clairvoyant, or at least if he is, there's still bigger HYDRA agents giving him orders, and the best way to find them is to let Garrett bring you to them. The only problem with that is that, you'd think, eventually someone in HYDRA should realize that no one ever actually recruited Ward...unless they're just going to wave their hands that there were "freelance" HYDRA recruiters in SHIELD and they just didn't keep track of who was loyal...

The other problem is that gambit is also Spying 101, and HYDRA might be expecting it all along Smile

RE: SHIELD 1x17 "Turn, Turn, Turn" - grimmfreak - 04-14-2014

@pale boy
I have not looked forward to an ep of AoS since the premier. While there have been decent episodes this was the first time I was really impressed... Now I'm looking forward to next week.

@droid327
I think HYDRA is going to put Wards loyalty to the test big time before they trust him with anything critical... Still, I too thing he's a triple agent but it might well be a long time before he gets far enough inside to do any damage.

RE: SHIELD 1x17 "Turn, Turn, Turn" - pale boy - 04-14-2014

(04-14-2014, 04:51 AM)droid327 Wrote: I was thinking about it at lunch yesterday...I think its pretty inevitable that Ward is a triple agent. He checks his cartridge right before he turns and shoots Hand and the other agents - I think that was to make sure he was loaded with "night-night" rounds.

Its pretty obvious Garrett isn't the actual Clairvoyant, or at least if he is, there's still bigger HYDRA agents giving him orders, and the best way to find them is to let Garrett bring you to them. The only problem with that is that, you'd think, eventually someone in HYDRA should realize that no one ever actually recruited Ward...unless they're just going to wave their hands that there were "freelance" HYDRA recruiters in SHIELD and they just didn't keep track of who was loyal...

The other problem is that gambit is also Spying 101, and HYDRA might be expecting it all along Smile

Yeah, wouldn't doubt that Ward is still a good guy. Maybe he's doing all this to lure the real Clairvoyant out. Agreed; I don't think Garrett is the head honcho either. And it would be sort of hilarious if everyone just thought Ward was recruited by someone else. "I thought you asked him to join HYDRA!" "No, I thought you did!" Maybe Garrett will just assume Ward flipped sides when he "offed" the other agents in front of him.

Just to make a completely off the wall theory, I'm going to pretend that Skye is the real Clairvoyant until proven otherwise. Big Grin That would be a fantastic twist, though I'm not holding my breath for it.

@grimmfreak -- This Tuesday's episode is going to be fun, judging by the commercials.