Grimm Forum
3x22 Blond Ambition - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Spoilers (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Spoilers)
+---- Forum: Season 3 Spoilers (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-3-Spoilers)
+---- Thread: 3x22 Blond Ambition (/Thread-3x22-Blond-Ambition)

Pages: 1 2

3x22 Blond Ambition - pale boy - 04-05-2014

Air Date:

May 16 2014

Title:

[Title Source]

Press Release/Synopsis:

Quote:"BLOND AMBITION"

05/16/2014 (09:00PM - 10:01PM) (Friday) : MONROE AND ROSALEE’S BIG DAY HAS FINALLY ARRIVED—JACQUELINE TOBONI, C. THOMAS HOWELL, DEE WALLACE AND CHRIS MULKEY GUEST STAR—It’s Monroe (Silas Weir Mitchell) and Rosalee’s (Bree Turner) big day and their joy will only be matched by unexpected heartache for those around them. Nick (David Giuntoli) and Juliette (Bitsie Tulloch) make a startling realization that could shake their relationship to its core. Meanwhile, Adalind (Claire Coffee) proceeds with a delicately laid plan that leads to a catastrophic event that will alter the course of Nick’s journey. Russell Hornsby, Sasha Roiz and Reggie Lee also star.

Promos:

Photos:

Images & Scoop

Notes:

This is the season's finale episode.

RE: 3x22 Blond Ambition - Hyndara - 04-23-2014

First Synopsis:

Quote:Rosalee and Monroe's big day arrives; a realization shakes Juliette and Nick's relationship to its core; Adalind's plan leads to a catastrophic event.

Source

RE: 3x22 Blond Ambition - Hyndara - 04-25-2014

Press Release:

Quote:"BLOND AMBITION"

05/16/2014 (09:00PM - 10:01PM) (Friday) : MONROE AND ROSALEE’S BIG DAY HAS FINALLY ARRIVED—JACQUELINE TOBONI, C. THOMAS HOWELL, DEE WALLACE AND CHRIS MULKEY GUEST STAR—It’s Monroe (Silas Weir Mitchell) and Rosalee’s (Bree Turner) big day and their joy will only be matched by unexpected heartache for those around them. Nick (David Giuntoli) and Juliette (Bitsie Tulloch) make a startling realization that could shake their relationship to its core. Meanwhile, Adalind (Claire Coffee) proceeds with a delicately laid plan that leads to a catastrophic event that will alter the course of Nick’s journey. Russell Hornsby, Sasha Roiz and Reggie Lee also star.

RE: 3x22 Blond Ambition - Hyndara - 05-01-2014

First images via ScreenSpy:

Images & Scoop

RE: 3x22 Blond Ambition - pale boy - 05-03-2014

@Hyndara -- thanks. Big Grin I'll put your info on the top post.

RE: 3x22 Blond Ambition - Hyndara - 05-10-2014

Wow, NBC seems desperate now. They already have released two sneak peeks:

SpoilerTV

RE: 3x22 Blond Ambition - wfmyers1207 - 05-10-2014

(05-10-2014, 07:54 AM)Hyndara Wrote: Wow, NBC seems desperate now. They already have released two sneak peeks:

SpoilerTV

Why desperate Hyndara? Show has been renewed and ratings are good. Judging from your posts you are a 'glass is half-empty' kind of guy.Rolleyes

RE: 3x22 Blond Ambition - Hyndara - 05-10-2014

2 Million viewer lost within 6 episodes isn't good at all. 3.21 started the early ratings with 4.92 Million viewers and who knows where this will lead on Monday with the final ones.
3.20 started with 5.2 Million in the earlies and ended with 4.8 Million in the finals. Just to compare: Revolution was cancelled with 4.2 Million viewers.

I'm a "I want a decent writing" kind of gal. And so far this season is everything but good written - and as they are sticking to the writers-team for season 4 I really doubt that there will be a season 5. Not if Grimm in season 4 again will start to bleed viewers, what it will be with these guys in the writers room.

RE: 3x22 Blond Ambition - pale boy - 05-10-2014

(05-10-2014, 04:46 PM)Hyndara Wrote: 2 Million viewer lost within 6 episodes isn't good at all. 3.21 started the early ratings with 4.92 Million viewers and who knows where this will lead on Monday with the final ones.
3.20 started with 5.2 Million in the earlies and ended with 4.8 Million in the finals. Just to compare: Revolution was cancelled with 4.2 Million viewers.

I'm a "I want a decent writing" kind of gal. And so far this season is everything but good written - and as they are sticking to the writers-team for season 4 I really doubt that there will be a season 5. Not if Grimm in season 4 again will start to bleed viewers, what it will be with these guys in the writers room.

Ratings are kind of a crazy thing these days. The big networks like NBC seem to be looking more at the overall impact of a show, not just live ratings, but DVR, online viewing, and episode sales (iTunes, DVDs, etc). International viewing is also a factor now, not to mention cost of the show. It's kind of crazy trying to figure out what's going to be canceled or renewed sometimes since the "Big Four" networks aren't the only ones delivering shows anymore. The pieces of the pie are smaller, and so are the ratings. (Heck, even Netflix is getting on the "original" series boat.) Hannibal, perpetually low on viewers and critics' darling, was just renewed for its third season. From the outside, things look like they're in major flux.

That said, you're right; ratings can only sink so far before someone pulls the plug. Grimm has always had, well, let's call it "uneven" writing, and that has improved a little since the previous season -- but it's still a problem. I can't be sure, but I suspect that the writing on Grimm might work more on a "winging it" approach, rather than a tightly-regulated formula. Both methods have their merits and pitfalls. Improvising creates a more organic story but can lead to a lot of missteps if no one is paying attention. Just mention "that amnesia plot" to any fan of Grimm and interesting responses crop up.

Grimm has been more consistent this season, but maybe some firmer plotting is in order, especially when you have all these different factions -- independent Grimm, Wesen Council, Royals, Verrat, Laufer/Resistance, independent Wesen -- involved all over the place.

RE: 3x22 Blond Ambition - Hyndara - 05-11-2014

Hannibal is lower in viewers, you are right, but the ratings are growing. The more Grimm loses, the more seem to turn into Hannibal, which is somehow a funny thing talking about writing ...

Consitent in the third season? When? Where? Did I miss something? The main reason why I'm not watching anymore IS the incostistent writing this season. For example: one episode Rosalee is all the clever Fuchsbauer and apothecary, next episode she's a traitor calling the Council, next episode suddenly she's becoming Miss Marple and goes undercover. Juliette is only there when Nick's at home, and even then she's three steps behind him. Adalind turns out of the blue into Supermom, Kelly, the notorious Wesen-killer on sight, suddenly has some maternal feeling for a Hexenbiest-baby. Nick, nearly killed at the start of the season, ignores that there's danger out there, living his life with a bright smile. Wu, after mental breakdown because of seeing a Wesen (I don't talk the Aswang anymore, that thing itself was ridiculous) is, IF he's there, still in the dark and not even funny anymore (same for Monroe). Monroe is reduced to ... I don't even know to what but I don't like it! Renard is a huge mystery even to himself.
The only thing you can be sure right now is that the new writers are completely ignoring the canon the old writers built during the first two seasons. Nobody is safe anymore, and it wouldn't make me wonder if they would really kill Renard - and probably Nick too after they now have their shiny new toy!
Consitent writing is looking the other way around for me. I really wanted to blame someone else but I can't do. Directing is good, acting is good, camera-work is good. CGI ... is another story. Casting is, to be honest, another problem this season but not that much (I can live with missing an entire episode, especially from this nonsense they'd turned Grimm into). What's left? The writing.
I mean when I see how Blacklist or Hannibal are promoted during the last panels, Grimm's not longer. And with these ... writers I don't see any future for the show. They've ruined a good show within 13 episodes, now audience is becoming aware of that too. It doesn't make me wonder that the biggest loss of viewers was after 1 Tweet from the GrimmWriters. This now is not the same show anymore!