Grimm Forum
Poll: Maincharacter for Spin off - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Poll: Maincharacter for Spin off (/Thread-Poll-Maincharacter-for-Spin-off)

Pages: 1 2 3

Poll: Maincharacter for Spin off - FräuleinWunderlich - 03-20-2014

If there would be a Grimm Spin off , who would be your favorite maincharacter and why?

RE: Poll: Maincharacter for Spin off - grimmfreak - 03-20-2014

Kelly, because she's a grimm and she's not vital to the current show's make up

RE: Poll: Maincharacter for Spin off - Hyndara - 03-20-2014

Renard, because I think his story could get a lot deeper.

RE: Poll: Maincharacter for Spin off - pale boy - 03-20-2014

Know what? I'd like to see a prequel on this, starring a younger version of Nick's Aunt Marie. She had a really interesting background and from what little hints I've seen of her life on the show, she had stories to tell: her upbringing as a Grimm at a young age, the constant traveling when she was older, all the fighting she must have done, her romance with Farley Kolt (I mean, how the heck did that happen, a Grimm and a Wesen? Did he start out as her Monroe?), probably having her own problems with Royals and Verratt, and so many things I can't think of.

The story would have to take place decades ago, of course, but I'd still watch the heck out of it. Supernatural horror with a female main protagonist that collects monster journals and weapons set in what would likely be the 1980s or earlier? Count me in.

RE: Poll: Maincharacter for Spin off - Hyndara - 03-21-2014

(03-20-2014, 06:42 PM)pale boy Wrote: Know what? I'd like to see a prequel on this, starring a younger version of Nick's Aunt Marie. She had a really interesting background and from what little hints I've seen of her life on the show, she had stories to tell: her upbringing as a Grimm at a young age, the constant traveling when she was older, all the fighting she must have done, her romance with Farley Kolt (I mean, how the heck did that happen, a Grimm and a Wesen? Did he start out as her Monroe?), probably having her own problems with Royals and Verratt, and so many things I can't think of.

The story would have to take place decades ago, of course, but I'd still watch the heck out of it. Supernatural horror with a female main protagonist that collects monster journals and weapons set in what would likely be the 1980s or earlier? Count me in.

You know what? I'm working since last year on such a story as a fanfic. Okay, not with Marie as main, but with Reed (Nick's Dad). LOL Maybe that's why I didn't come up here with the "spinoff" idea around that because for me it's fanfic now.

But yes, I would watch that! I would love to see more Marie, especially with Farley (little Marie/Farley-shipper here Big Grin), as I think she is much more interesting than Kelly. I would also love to see what Marie falling for Farley did to the relationship between the sisters. I doubt Kelly would have accept the situation.

RE: Poll: Maincharacter for Spin off - speakeasy - 03-21-2014

Gotta go along with pale boy - my first choice would also be a show about the early years from teenager to the time of her death for both Marie and Kelly.

Second choice would be one about the Renard family that would give a look at things from their perspective, to take place in the same time frame as Grimm. Doesn't seem that there would be a heroic lead character; in fact, I think I'd like it if there weren't. Of course, it would compete with Grimm and get awfully complicated, but if done right, it might be fun. Plus - lots of crossovers. Maybe this idea would better when actors can get themselves cloned, come to think of it. (But think of the salary increases!)

But any spin off would have to include Farley Kolt or I won't tune in!

RE: Poll: Maincharacter for Spin off - pale boy - 03-22-2014

(03-21-2014, 02:56 AM)Hyndara Wrote: You know what? I'm working since last year on such a story as a fanfic. Okay, not with Marie as main, but with Reed (Nick's Dad). LOL Maybe that's why I didn't come up here with the "spinoff" idea around that because for me it's fanfic now.

The story has huge potential, both as a show and as a fan fic. Interesting, I wouldn't have thought of Nick's father as a potentially big character ... That's a unique choice, Hyndara.

(03-21-2014, 02:56 AM)Hyndara Wrote: But yes, I would watch that! I would love to see more Marie, especially with Farley (little Marie/Farley-shipper here Big Grin), as I think she is much more interesting than Kelly. I would also love to see what Marie falling for Farley did to the relationship between the sisters. I doubt Kelly would have accept the situation.

There's so much going on from just what little story we've seen. Girls raised to be monster hunters. The introduction of star-crossed lovers. Not to mention that Marie seemed more "book smart" with all those journals and materials around, whilst Kelly seems to be the "street smart" sister. There's already an odd couple dynamic in place!

(03-21-2014, 09:50 AM)speakeasy Wrote: Second choice would be one about the Renard family that would give a look at things from their perspective, to take place in the same time frame as Grimm. Doesn't seem that there would be a heroic lead character; in fact, I think I'd like it if there weren't. Of course, it would compete with Grimm and get awfully complicated, but if done right, it might be fun. Plus - lots of crossovers. Maybe this idea would better when actors can get themselves cloned, come to think of it. (But think of the salary increases!)

Renard and the Royal family could definitely work. Such a dark collection of characters, though. There are so many good potential spin-off ideas in this thread and the voting suggestions though, so it's hard to pick just one. I'm greedy like that. Angel

(03-21-2014, 09:50 AM)speakeasy Wrote: But any spin off would have to include Farley Kolt or I won't tune in!

But of course. He's a requirement.

RE: Poll: Maincharacter for Spin off - Secret Keeper - 03-22-2014

I'm surprised to see Nick on the list. I sort of want to vote for him without reading through the whole list of possibilities just because I can't quite figure out how that would work.

RE: Poll: Maincharacter for Spin off - grimmfreak - 04-26-2014

I changed my vote to 'other' now that Trubel is on the scene! I thin she is the perfect character to base a spin off around and besides, wouldn't it be such a great story to see a college student get discovered and given a bi9g role like this.

RE: Poll: Maincharacter for Spin off - Monroe's Sweater - 04-27-2014

Monroe and Rosalee because I think there are so many options to explore. From Monroe's childhood, to his first woge, to his running days and Angelina. And then there's Rosalee who was addicted to opiates for 7 years. There's a lot of potential for their story.