Grimm Forum
Grimm Fairy tales comes true for Michigan student - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Spoilers (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Spoilers)
+--- Thread: Grimm Fairy tales comes true for Michigan student (/Thread-Grimm-Fairy-tales-comes-true-for-Michigan-student)

Pages: 1 2

Grimm Fairy tales comes true for Michigan student - Hyndara - 03-17-2014

EW has the news:

Producer visited her class

RE: Grimm Fairy tales comes true for Michigan student - Gretel Hanselsister - 03-18-2014

(03-17-2014, 04:42 PM)Hyndara Wrote: EW has the news:

Producer visited her class

Thanks, that's really interesting, I'm curious about that girl "Trubel".
They pronounce it like trouble, really? Rolleyes
Perhaps it's really not supposed to be German, normally you pronounce Trubel like "true bell".
But she means trouble, that's for sure Big Grin.

RE: Grimm Fairy tales comes true for Michigan student - Hyndara - 03-18-2014

(03-18-2014, 09:31 AM)Gretel Hanselsister Wrote: Thanks, that's really interesting, I'm curious about that girl "Trubel".
They pronounce it like trouble, really? Rolleyes
Perhaps it's really not supposed to be German, normally you pronounce Trubel like "true bell".
But she means trouble, that's for sure Big Grin.

I better leave this uncommented. It was a spoiler that the cast would *again* grow another member ...
Mary isn't working for the franchise anymore, I think you really notice that the old language coach (Mary) isn't around anymore. So, we also saw how they wanted to pronounce the Aswang.
Keep my mouth shut - keep my mouth shut - keep my mouth shut ...

RE: Grimm Fairy tales comes true for Michigan student - Elkhound - 03-18-2014

Well, I hope this turns out to be a good break for the actress; I'm not sure if it is that good a move for the show, adding another regular (unless someone's leaving)?

RE: Grimm Fairy tales comes true for Michigan student - FräuleinWunderlich - 03-18-2014

I don't think it's a good idea to intruduce another character. For a young actor this is a big chance and it's nice that Mr.knouf gave her this chance. For me as a fan I have to say,get your focus on existing characters and build them up,give them deepness and personality.
Especially a woman is one of the best choices. We have enough woman with different characters on grimm. The show don't need another female character, I think.

So now, I have to shut up Big Grin

(03-18-2014, 03:29 PM)FräuleinWunderlich Wrote: I don't think it's a good idea to intruduce another character. For a young actor this is a big chance and it's nice that Mr.knouf gave her this chance. For me as a fan I have to say,get your focus on existing characters and build them up,give them deepness and personality.
Especially a woman is one of the best choices. We have enough woman with different characters on grimm. The show don't need another female character, I think.

So now, I have to shut up Big Grin

Hear, hear! Especially because I think she might be the new Grimm David and Jim were talking about since last year's SDCC. The character-description could lead this way with the hints of Living on her own since she was 12, not knowing what she's up against, ...

As much as I loved especially those young characters during season 1 like Holly or Roddy, this is an adult show! To put a 16 years old in the middle of it isn't exactly the wisest decision because some viewers might watch the show because it's not teeny-drama-stuff like Buffy.

But I'm already out of this. I'm not watching - and right now I'm not sure if I will screencap 3.16. Sam Witwer? Seriously? Why not casting someone who is actually able to perform a character and not giving a role to someone because he's best buddy with the lead *rolls eyes*

RE: Grimm Fairy tales comes true for Michigan student - FräuleinWunderlich - 03-18-2014

(03-18-2014, 03:49 PM)Hyndara Wrote: Hear, hear! Especially because I think she might be the new Grimm David and Jim were talking about since last year's SDCC. The character-description could lead this way with the hints of Living on her own since she was 12, not knowing what she's up against, ...
If they intruduce the same character like in Grimmcomic, why the writers change the name of these character? It's similar to Maya from the first 5issues...Angry
And really I don't like her characterbio at the moment.

(03-18-2014, 04:00 PM)FräuleinWunderlich Wrote: If they intruduce the same character like in Grimmcomic, why the writers change the name of these character? It's similar to Maya from the first 5issues...Angry
And really I don't like her characterbio at the moment.

Well, as I am the one calling all the time for another >young< Grimm I think I should get into detail:
With Grimm I meant someone we could compare Nick to, aka another male Grimm. We already KNOW female start early, so it doesn't make much of a sense to me to bring in another female Grimm after we already had/have Marie and Kelly. I want to compare Nick with another male Grimm who's raised "normal" to SEE the difference everyone seems to talk about when it comes down to the "Portland Grimm".

I know what you mean, I didn't like Maya either. She was too much of a superheroine and (yes, I'm outing myself) as a Nick/Juliette-shipper Maya and Nick was a complete no-go for me (but we already know that there's someone trying his best to make the comic-canon show-canon ...).
BTW, sorry for the OT but I found out why you was confused about Reed. In the comics Juliette refers to Reed as human, we never heard anything about him on the show. He could have been everything from human to Royal. The only possibility I pretty much doubt is, that he was Wesen. Not after Kelly's reaction to the friendship between Nick and Monroe/Rosalee.

BTT: For now we simply don't KNOW if Trubel will be a Grimm but the spoilers are there, and unless Kelly is now suffering from memory-loss I don't see anyone Nick could "teach what he had learned". So, spoiler SDCC said there will be a fourth Grimm, spoiler back from winter said "Nick will become a teacher (mentor?)" and now there's an upcoming 16 years old kid called Trubel which is supposed to make some trouble. Sounds to me pretty much like the spoiler, especially in making her another member of the cast.

Just a word about "woman" (sorry, I've huge problems to see a 16 years old as woman, that's a girl, no matter how grown up she seems): this season they already have this huge issues especially with two of the three female main-characters Juliette and Rosalee. It seems impossible for the writers-team these days to make any of them a round and believeable character. Juliette is cute little wife, always three steps (really?) behind Nick or morphs out of the blue into a little girl. Rosalee is pale and hesitant and barely really useful. It really seems impossible for all three of them, and when it comes down to the core I also have to count Adalind into this, for any of them a complete and comprehensible script to write. It's not getting better with a female teenager in trouble, believe me ...

Seriously, I don't know what I am supposed to say or think anymore. Since last November I calmed myself down with the mantra: "Trust the TPTB, they know what they are doing!" But right now I only feel bitterness and miss Grimm. For me the show is still on hiatus since last May - and I would kill to have it back!

RE: Grimm Fairy tales comes true for Michigan student - Grimmster94 - 03-19-2014

Good for her! What ever happened to the expression don't knock it till you try it? I can't believe that people are already criticizing this casting move even before we've seen what she has to offer. From the beginning this show was never about casting the most star-studded actors but casting the best actor for the part. I mean honestly before Grimm aired I had absolutely no idea who David Giuntoli was, and now every Friday night I tune in religiously just to watch him. Let's have a little faith in our producers people. Jim Kouf didn't go to the University of Michigan with the hopes of casting this character but he was absolutely blown away by this actress and that's why he offered her the role. Just give the girl a chance!

RE: Grimm Fairy tales comes true for Michigan student - Hyndara - 03-19-2014

(03-19-2014, 01:04 PM)Grimmster94 Wrote: Good for her! What ever happened to the expression don't knock it till you try it? I can't believe that people are already criticizing this casting move even before we've seen what she has to offer. From the beginning this show was never about casting the most star-studded actors but casting the best actor for the part. I mean honestly before Grimm aired I had absolutely no idea who David Giuntoli was, and now every Friday night I tune in religiously just to watch him. Let's have a little faith in our producers people. Jim Kouf didn't go to the University of Michigan with the hopes of casting this character but he was absolutely blown away by this actress and that's why he offered her the role. Just give the girl a chance!

Oh yeah, great casting-decisions this season - and so fitting!
Just let me count:
Alexis Denisof was casted because James Frain was filming another show back when he was needed. Why Denisof got the role? Not becuase he's such a great actor but because Kouf and Greenwalt knew him from Buffy or Angel or both.
Sam Witwer (you guys are going to see this VERY talented actor this Friday) surely got his appeareance because he's best buddy of the mentioned by you Mr. G.
I still have NO IDEA why they feel the need to bring back Mastrantonio but I guess I know where all the money for this season went. She said back last year that she wouldn't come back - while Greeenwalt and Kouf were announcing her coming back (SDCC). Rest is to your imagination Smile

Well, I know Mr. G since his appeareance at Eli Stone, another show I loved back in 2007/8. So, from what I've learned in the fandom, I'm a exception among his fans - IF you can call me fan. And sadly I have to say, he mostly got the role on Grimm because he knew Hayes and Milliner. He was guest in another show produced by those, Hot in Cleveland. And we know that he brought in Bitsie, because he just was in a movie together with her. What Mr. G. likes to ignore is the simple fact that Bitsie produced Caroline & Jackie and was his boss back then ...

So, Grimm was from the very beginning A LOT about bringing in people which were already known by the TPTB. So far I had ... sometimes a slide problem with this but mostly it turned out good or okay. Season 3 ... *shakes head* ... sorry, wrong recipent here ... I gave up on season3 after 3.12. IF Grimm will get a fourth season I will try again, I simply love this show too much not to give it another try. But right now I am out of it. I had more than enough with all the bad decisions they made and with the poor writing they did this season.