Grimm Forum
Person of Interest - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Television Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Television-Forum)
+--- Forum: TV Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-TV-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Person of Interest (/Thread-Person-of-Interest)

Person of Interest - pale boy - 03-20-2013

I'm a big fan of Person of Interest (CBS). For those who haven't watched it, it's a (very) present day sci fi and action show with a healthy dose of conspiracy theory plots. It's light on the science fiction, heavy on the action.

PoI is always tying up its storylines nicely and the second season has been amazing. The first season starts out a little slow and generic but really hits its stride halfway through, so if you begin to watch it, don't give up. (It starts to get a lot better after episode 8 but 13 is a game changer.)

It stars Michael Emerson (of Lost fame), Jim Caviezel (most people will know him as the guy who played Jesus in that Mel Gibson movie), and Taraji P. Henson (you'll know here when you see her) and they are all perfect.

Describing it in one sentence:

Batman - the costume + a gun รท into two men = Person of Interest

Further description:

It is so good that I can't find the right words, but I'll try. There's grey on grey morality, twists, danger, the story actually goes in unexpected directions most of the time, and the music selection tends to be spot on. It's also produced and (sometimes) written by Jonathan Nolan, director Christopher Nolan's brother.

And you really can't go wrong with a show that starts out with this:
Spoiler :
"You are being watched. The government has a secret system: a machine that spies on you every hour of every day. I know because I built it."

As you can tell, I will fanboy over this show. Any other fans of PoI on the boards?

RE: Person of Interest - the-epic-prince - 03-20-2013

I've never really gotten into it, but I might start watching it. (Because Pale boy recommended it. Wink )

RE: Person of Interest - GrimmForum - 03-20-2013

I'll have to check it out as I've never heard of the show before! Wish they had episodes of it online, but I'll let you know what I think.

RE: Person of Interest - pale boy - 03-20-2013

(03-20-2013, 09:25 PM)the-epic-prince Wrote: I've never really gotten into it, but I might start watching it. (Because Pale boy recommended it. Wink )
(03-20-2013, 09:52 PM)GrimmForum Wrote: I'll have to check it out as I've never heard of the show before! Wish they had episodes of it online, but I'll let you know what I think.

Cool, hope you do try it. Watching previous episodes for background isn't necessary since it's not too bogged down in mythology (like Lost was for instance). It's pretty friendly to new viewers.

But if you're looking for them online, they're almost impossible to find ... *cough*legally*cough*. Not that I'd know anything about that. *shifty eyes*

When I talk about this show, I have to keep myself from gushing about it (usually I fail, lol). Sort of embarrassing, really.

RE: Person of Interest - dragonmischief - 03-24-2013

L-O-V-E this show. The characters, the plot, and the twists. Maybe I just like it when the bad guys get lose. I don't like all JJ Abrams stuff - could never get into Lost. I tried several times, but failed. Shows like Leverage and this one keep my interest. Not big on reality TV or kiss-face (romance) shows. Big Grin

RE: Person of Interest - pale boy - 03-24-2013

(03-24-2013, 03:42 PM)dragonmischief Wrote: L-O-V-E this show. The characters, the plot, and the twists. Maybe I just like it when the bad guys get lose. I don't like all JJ Abrams stuff - could never get into Lost. I tried several times, but failed. Shows like Leverage and this one keep my interest. Not big on reality TV or kiss-face (romance) shows. Big Grin
Aw yeah, another fan!

PoI is very cool to watch and never gets boring. Lost really is a great show too but it's written in an entirely different way. The loads of show mythology and tangled plots of Lost were not inviting to new viewers -- I'm still a big fan of it, but there are things I had to look up about that show while watching it, lol.

Not so with PoI. The writing also remains remarkably consistent.