Grimm Forum
After my 9th viewing facts on Monroe's surname and whom owned Nicks House. - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: After my 9th viewing facts on Monroe's surname and whom owned Nicks House. (/Thread-After-my-9th-viewing-facts-on-Monroe-s-surname-and-whom-owned-Nicks-House)

Pages: 1 2

After my 9th viewing facts on Monroe's surname and whom owned Nicks House. - dicappatore - 11-14-2020

OK so, after my 9th or 10th viewing of the show from my Amazon Prime subscription on my LG Nanocell 86 inch TV.  I have concluded the Monroe surname and whom owned Nicks House.

In the scene after baby Kelly is born and taken to Nicks home.  Monroe and Rosalie were setting up the home for the newborn.  On the way out, Monroe tells Nick to move from his home, due to all the past bad occurrences that took place in his abode.

In the scene when the movers are taking out the remaining boxes, Adalind asked Nick, how long had he lived there. Nick replies, he bough the house six and a half years prior.  He never mentioned he moved in with Juliette or bought it with Juliette. 

As for the argument about Nick moving out of Juliette's house after she came out of her coma.   Some will try to make the otherwise argument, because they are confused by their inability to distinguish ownership to chivalry.  Nick first slept on the couch, since she did not remembered him.  he then tried sleeping in the trailer, then he moved in with Monroe.  He was being a gentleman and trying to win her back.  Us gentlemen would have NOT kicked her out!

As for Monroe's surname.  There is the infamous scene when Monroe was in the early stages of entertaining Rosalee.  He pulls out a serving plate with what he called, "his family crest" with the same type of banner Hank was looking at in the Grimm book of ancestry and the name was 'Blutbaden'.  In addition, he also had a Blutbaden figure on the stain glass window of his door.  why would a not -so-nice type of Wesen broadcast the type of specie of Wesen living there, nor would they use old time advertising by plastering their species on a formal serving plate, if they all lived incognito.  He had that figure on his door because it represented his family surname & crest of a Blutbaden.

Some will claim the question was asked with one of the show's producer or writer and as I recalled it, he wasn't forthcoming.  Some will attest to a Rosalee's sonogram having the name Rosalee Monroe.  If Monroe was his surname, why would his uncle and his father call him by his surname and not his 1st name?  Because his 1st name was Monroe and his family name was Blutbaden.

RE: After my 9th viewing facts on Monroe's surname and whom owned Nicks House. - rpmaluki - 11-14-2020

I had just posted on a different site the matter of the ownership of the house. This is what I said, Nick calls it his house twice (8x) as much as Juliette calls it hers (4x) in the first four seasons. They call it our house equal times (4x) and your house equally as well (1x) both in S2 when they were going through the most. Make that what you will. If Nick sold the house in S5 without any hassles, I'd say he had every right to, the writers just didn't establish legal ownership explicitly until S5.

As for Monroe, I have known there to be a Phillip Phillips and a Scot Scott, so it doesn't bug me if Monroe's surname is the same as his first. Granted, the others' names had one letter difference but the similarity/sameness of the first and last name is inescapable. In other words, it does happen.

RE: After my 9th viewing facts on Monroe's surname and whom owned Nicks House. - FaceInTheCrowd - 11-15-2020

It's also possible that Monroe only has one name. Maybe when he became a "reformed blutbad" he went to court and dropped the family name that was on all that crested porcelain he keeps. Could also help explain the rift between him and his father a bit better. Would make more sense than getting that bent out of shape just because your son decided to become a vegetarian.

RE: After my 9th viewing facts on Monroe's surname and whom owned Nicks House. - rpmaluki - 11-15-2020

^^^That makes sense.

RE: After my 9th viewing facts on Monroe's surname and whom owned Nicks House. - dicappatore - 11-18-2020

(11-15-2020, 12:12 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: It's also possible that Monroe only has one name. Maybe when he became a "reformed blutbad" he went to court and dropped the family name that was on all that crested porcelain he keeps. Could also help explain the rift between him and his father a bit better. Would make more sense than getting that bent out of shape just because your son decided to become a vegetarian.
OK, so lets say he did drop his name legally.  We thne can agree, it could have been his surname until he decided to become a diva.

RE: After my 9th viewing facts on Monroe's surname and whom owned Nicks House. - FaceInTheCrowd - 11-18-2020

As for the house, the fact that Nick could sell it right on the heels of Juliette's disappearance tells us that the deed was on his name only. OTOH, we know that Nick and Juliette moved in at the same time because we saw in a memory flashback Nick unpacking his stuff and Juliette heading for a fridge that was said to be empty except for beer. So maybe they had to put the house and mortgage in Nick's name because Juliette had terrible credit, or maybe Nick was already in the process of buying the house when he and Juliette met. Nick could have owned the house but still thought of it as "Juliette's house" because she picked out all the furniture and decor and he just went along with whatever she chose.

RE: After my 9th viewing facts on Monroe's surname and whom owned Nicks House. - dicappatore - 11-18-2020

(11-18-2020, 09:48 AM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: As for the house, the fact that Nick could sell it right on the heels of Juliette's disappearance tells us that the deed was on his name only. OTOH, we know that Nick and Juliette moved in at the same time because we saw in a memory flashback Nick unpacking his stuff and Juliette heading for a fridge that was said to be empty except for beer. So maybe they had to put the house and mortgage in Nick's name because Juliette had terrible credit, or maybe Nick was already in the process of buying the house when he and Juliette met.  Nick could have owned the  house but still thought of it as "Juliette's house" because she picked out all the furniture and decor and he just went along with whatever she chose.
The impression I got from those flashbacks was they were moving in together and the show never made it factual on the actual ownership of the house.  Maybe they were dating and decided to move in when Nick decided to buy a house.  Given their profession, remember, in some episode, we saw Juliette selling coffee as a barista (don't remember which episode or flashback), then she was upgraded to a veterinarian.   Hence why Nicks job paid more plus, lest not forget the overtime detectives clock in, made him her cash cow. 

I know many of us of the English (US of A) speaking world, "my home" and "my house" can have different meanings.  A home is an abode.  A place you live.  A rental house or apartment, studio or a tent in the woods, is a home.  IMO, "my house" can refer to legal ownership.  I know this ownership of the house was discussed much more in depth on other past threads but I agree with you.  Based on Nicks ease of selling the house him and Juliette lived in, without a death certificate for Juliette, is proof for me, he solely owned the house .

RE: After my 9th viewing facts on Monroe's surname and whom owned Nicks House. - FaceInTheCrowd - 11-18-2020

You are thinking of a scene shot for the pilot that was never used (it's on YouTube somewhere). The character of Juliette was not originally written as a veterinarian, but ran a bakery/cafe.

In real life, there's no way either Nick or Juliette could have afforded that house, in that part of town, on either a detective's or veterinarian's salary (Juliette didn't own her own practice on the show). But most TV characters could never afford the homes they're shown living in.

RE: After my 9th viewing facts on Monroe's surname and whom owned Nicks House. - rpmaluki - 11-18-2020

Speaking of houses, my favourite was Renard's after he lost the mayorship. No doubt it was pricier than Nick's place and he owned it, lol.

Yes, in real life, with those kind of salaries, they probably couldn't afford that house.

Renard appeared to have the advantage of money from his mother (they actually mentioned that when he moved from his condo in the Pearl to his house, which was actually in a somewhat less expensive part of PDX). Plus, he may have amassed a slush fund from all the "tribute" he was collecting from wesen criminals in s01.

It occurs to me that Nick may have had similar reserves to help with his home purchase. If his parents owned the house they lived in in NY, when Marie took him in she might have sold it and put the proceeds away for him.