Grimm Forum
What if they made a movie and/or new series where Wesen went public ethically? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: What if they made a movie and/or new series where Wesen went public ethically? (/Thread-What-if-they-made-a-movie-and-or-new-series-where-Wesen-went-public-ethically)

Pages: 1 2

RE: What if they made a movie and/or new series where Wesen went public ethically? - irukandji - 07-29-2020

The main obstacle I see that would prevent any wesen from living together is that all wesen are not created equal.

RE: What if they made a movie and/or new series where Wesen went public ethically? - FaceInTheCrowd - 07-29-2020

It wouldn't be all kisses and lollipops. The bauerschwein and the blutbaden would still be feuding. There just wouldn't be anti-wesen mobs chasing after them all.

RE: What if they made a movie and/or new series where Wesen went public ethically? - irukandji - 07-30-2020

But there is also the factor of not all wesen being created equal. For instance, the fable of the frog and the scorpion. Would a manticore view someone like the frog girl as gullible and therefore easily killed? Would the frog girl view the manticore as untrustworthy and attempt to poison him before he could sting her?

RE: What if they made a movie and/or new series where Wesen went public ethically? - FaceInTheCrowd - 07-30-2020

And there's also the traditional abuse of eisbibers by Hässlich. But wesen-on-wesen crimes were facilitated by the victims' inability to seek aid from normal law enforcement. In a wesen-accepting community, there'd be more than just a single grimm with a badge working in secret trying to keep the peace.

RE: What if they made a movie and/or new series where Wesen went public ethically? - irukandji - 07-31-2020

I guess the real question here is, what do wesen really want? I don't think anyone really knows because it was never explored. I thought the idea of a wesen movement was a novel one and certainly one to be explored. However, Grimm went the route of the Black Claw movement being a radical anarchist movement where wesen take over and destroy anyone in their path who doesn't follow their views.

RE: What if they made a movie and/or new series where Wesen went public ethically? - FaceInTheCrowd - 08-01-2020

I expect that the majority of wesen are like the ones who crowded into the spice shop in a near panic every time something happened that they perceived as a potential threat to wesen secrecy: they just want to be left alone to live their relatively peaceful and comfortable middle-class American lives. The ones who were attracted to BC were probably like the real life people who find neo-Nazi groups attractive: the ones looking for someone to blame for the fact that they can't seem to make it in the world as it is.

RE: What if they made a movie and/or new series where Wesen went public ethically? - irukandji - 08-02-2020

(08-01-2020, 10:16 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: I expect that the majority of wesen are like the ones who crowded into the spice shop in a near panic every time something happened that they perceived as a potential threat to wesen secrecy: they just want to be left alone to live their relatively peaceful and comfortable middle-class American lives. The ones who were attracted to BC were probably like the real life people who find neo-Nazi groups attractive: the ones looking for someone to blame for the fact that they can't seem to make it in the world as it is.

This is an interesting thought. Humans don't want every single element of their various cultures plastered out there for all to see. Their culture is part of what makes them different and it is a personal thing. It would be the same with wesen as well. Not everything should be broadcast. It's enough that they can celebrate portions of it without all to see. I had often wondered why wesen would come to the United States if they weren't going to follow the laws set up here for everyone's protection. But in truth, I think they cared more about the laws here than they did their own wesen council. 

Spotlighting Monroe here. It seems to me that he was among the radicals at one point. But then he turned into someone who believes in the laws of the country and found ways to circumvent the unsavory elements of his culture because they caused harm/death to others. He still honors his culture, but in a different way.