Grimm Forum
Was the Grimm Series too short, too long or just enough - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Was the Grimm Series too short, too long or just enough (/Thread-Was-the-Grimm-Series-too-short-too-long-or-just-enough)

Was the Grimm Series too short, too long or just enough - dicappatore - 09-05-2019

I am not going to claim to be content with the 5 full seasons of Grimm and the additional half 6th season. At the same time, I did wish it went to the lengths of shows such as Supernatural, NCIS, Walking dead or Law and Order: SVU.

But I have to ask, what if there were less episodes per seasons such as other shows as Agents of Shields, 13 episodes per season. Covert Affairs, 16 per season. So many others with even less episodes per seasons.

Grimm had a total of 123 episodes.
If there was only 10 episodes per season, equates to just over 12 seasons.
At 13 episodes per season, it equates to over 9 seasons.
At 16 episodes per season, it comes to over 7 seasons.

So, in conclusion, was Grimm a lot more successful that what it seamed by having only 6 seasons with a total of 123 episodes? What do you think?

RE: Was the Grimm Series too short, too long or just enough - N_grimm - 09-05-2019

(09-05-2019, 05:02 AM)dicappatore Wrote: I am not going to claim to be content with the 5 full seasons of Grimm and the additional half 6th season. At the same time, I did wish it went to the lengths of shows such as Supernatural, NCIS, Walking dead or Law and Order: SVU.

But I have to ask, what if there were less episodes per seasons such as other shows as Agents of Shields, 13 episodes per season. Covert Affairs, 16 per season. So many others with even less episodes per seasons.

Grimm had a total of 123 episodes.
If there was only 10 episodes per season, equates to just over 12 seasons.
At 13 episodes per season, it equates to over 9 seasons.
At 16 episodes per season, it comes to over 7 seasons.

So, in conclusion, was Grimm a lot more successful that what it seamed by having only 6 seasons with a total of 123 episodes? What do you think?

Given today's tv-business, I have the impression that 6 seasons is a success. Grimm was especially successful in the sense that it managed to beat the odds and escape the so-called Friday Night Death Slot. As someone who is really picky when it comes to tv-shows and loved Grimm, I would have preferred more episodes / seasons. The end of season 6 seemed a little rushed (although I was happy with the ending), so at least I would have preferred a full season.

I would tend to consider the number of episodes relevant, because shows with bad ratings do not always get full seasons. But maybe most important is the numbers of viewers. Supernatural have 14 seasons, but Grimm season 6 had 2.6 times as many viewers as Supernatural season 13. I guess it takes more to survive on NBC. I remember reading somewhere that when Grimm ended, it was the second longest still running show on NBC.

RE: Was the Grimm Series too short, too long or just enough - eric - 09-05-2019

I was waiting for season 8 to resolve all our questions, went into mourning when I heard season 6 would be the end.SadSadSad Course I am very selfish but still...... From the beginning there were some real clunkers on before and after the Grimm time slots, they all died a quick and deserved death. I did not understand what NBC was thinking. For a 5 1/2 season show it was not long enough. Guess I should be glad it lasted as long as it did.