Grimm Forum
Rewatching - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Rewatching (/Thread-Rewatching--6365)

Pages: 1 2

Rewatching - Dylsh - 04-22-2019

I’m rewatching the series from start to finish and I’m just wondering why did the show end was it a natural ending or did it get cut? It’s by far the best series I’ve ever watched and the concept is just amazing

RE: Rewatching - N_grimm - 04-22-2019

(04-22-2019, 02:49 PM)Dylsh Wrote: I’m rewatching the series from start to finish and I’m just wondering why did the show end was it a natural ending or did it get cut? It’s by far the best series I’ve ever watched and the concept is just amazing

I’m doing my first full rewatch of Grimm myself. I agree 100% that it’s the best show I’ve ever seen. I think it ended because of declining ratings (even though the numbers never collapsed). It seems to me that very few shows get more than 5-7 seasons, so in that sense it was a natural ending. I personally think the show got better over time. But I have to say, season 1 is better than I remembered.

RE: Rewatching - Dylsh - 04-22-2019

(04-22-2019, 03:09 PM)N_grimm Wrote:
(04-22-2019, 02:49 PM)Dylsh Wrote: I’m rewatching the series from start to finish and I’m just wondering why did the show end was it a natural ending or did it get cut? It’s by far the best series I’ve ever watched and the concept is just amazing

I’m doing my first full rewatch of Grimm myself. I agree 100% that it’s the best show I’ve ever seen. I think it ended because of declining ratings (even though the numbers never collapsed). It seems to me that very few shows get more than 5-7 seasons, so in that sense it was a natural ending. I personally think the show got better over time. But I have to say, season 1 is better than I remembered.

I feel like season one is very much just learning the different wesen and it’s a rinse and repeat for different types however season two onward, it incorporates the royals and the keys in a lot it’s such a amazing show I wish I watched it when it was live and could chat about it during the time it was on in this forum I don’t know if the forum is very active anymore but I really enjoy conversing over theories and stuff

RE: Rewatching - dicappatore - 04-23-2019

I am sticking to my theory proposed by Silas Weir Mitchel (Monroe), during one of the cast interview. He states that majority of the show viewers were from fly over country (states) and not as popular at either coasts. I have seen shows with less popularity continue to be renewed.

Listen to him 1 minute into this cast interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XOms-HzmMY&t=1s

RE: Rewatching - FaceInTheCrowd - 04-23-2019

Demographics at work. Advertisers pay more for commercial time on series that do well with their targeted customers. For most contemporary TV series, success seems to depend on ratings in the blue and yellow zones in this map:

https://www.thevab.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/2017-2018-TV-DMA-Map.pdf

RE: Rewatching - N_grimm - 04-23-2019

(04-22-2019, 03:35 PM)Dylsh Wrote: I feel like season one is very much just learning the different wesen and it’s a rinse and repeat for different types however season two onward, it incorporates the royals and the keys in a lot it’s such a amazing show I wish I watched it when it was live and could chat about it during the time it was on in this forum I don’t know if the forum is very active anymore but I really enjoy conversing over theories and stuff

I would say, currently, there are about 5-10 people who post on this forum with some frequency. If you like to talk about theories and Grimm in general, just post comments or questions. I will join in, and I'm sure others will to.

RE: Rewatching - Dylsh - 04-23-2019

(04-23-2019, 08:09 AM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: Demographics at work. Advertisers pay more for commercial time on series that do well with their targeted customers. For most contemporary TV series, success seems to depend on ratings in the blue and yellow zones in this map:

https://www.thevab.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/2017-2018-TV-DMA-Map.pdf

S

(04-23-2019, 10:01 AM)N_grimm Wrote:
(04-22-2019, 03:35 PM)Dylsh Wrote: I feel like season one is very much just learning the different wesen and it’s a rinse and repeat for different types however season two onward, it incorporates the royals and the keys in a lot it’s such a amazing show I wish I watched it when it was live and could chat about it during the time it was on in this forum I don’t know if the forum is very active anymore but I really enjoy conversing over theories and stuff

I would say, currently, there are about 5-10 people who post on this forum with some frequency. If you like to talk about theories and Grimm in general, just post comments or questions. I will join in, and I'm sure others will to.

I just love the concept of the series I really wish I could of found it earlier and talked theories when it was running

RE: Rewatching - Mart - 04-23-2019

Yes, that's been a great time, especially between seasons when everyone was speculating what would happen next. Those were the days... miss the show SO much! Sad
Go to youtube and watch all those comic con panels of the Grimm cast, those were always great! Smile

RE: Rewatching - eric - 04-23-2019

To my fellow obsessive demented devotees of all things GRIMM, please do not give any spoilers to our new member. To Dylesh, ask any questions you might have about GRIMM, trust me you will get lots of answers who have seem every episode too many times. Of course we all agree that what we saw is more correct then what everyone else has seen. Big Grin

RE: Rewatching - Dylsh - 04-24-2019

I have already watched it through once but I feel like I’ve missed quite a few episodes I watch a episode and don’t remember watching it originally