Grimm Forum
Greenwalt & Kouf are morally indifferent writers. - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Greenwalt & Kouf are morally indifferent writers. (/Thread-Greenwalt-Kouf-are-morally-indifferent-writers)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: Greenwalt & Kouf are morally indifferent writers. - brandon - 03-17-2019

Adalind was not a prostitute.

RE: Greenwalt & Kouf are morally indifferent writers. - irukandji - 03-17-2019

(03-17-2019, 10:34 AM)brandon Wrote: Adalind was not a prostitute.

No, she was lower than that. She was a skank.

RE: Greenwalt & Kouf are morally indifferent writers. - N_grimm - 03-17-2019

(03-17-2019, 08:42 AM)irukandji Wrote: I almost wonder if there isn't a confirmed hatred of women in there somewhere. Take Adalind, for example. She isn't even raised to the state of prostitution. She's a skank throughout the series.

I find this statement inappropriate and misleading. Firstly, I've rarely seen a show with so many smart, strong and independent women as in Grimm. Even in fighting scenes, they were all equal or superior. Secondly, I don’t like the moral condemnation of Adalind. If she wanted to use sex to get people to do what she wanted, that was her choice. You claimed Juliette’s only motive for sleeping with Kenneth in Nicks bed was because she “wanted him” (which of course, is inconsistent with the storyline), but Adalind is worse than a prostitute? That’s a biased statement that has noting to do with moral. I think hypocrisy is the word I am looking for. I would like to see someone describe Oliver Queen in the (Green) Arrow as “worse than a prostitute”. During the first seasons, he slept with every women that appeared in front of him. He was called a “billionaire playboy”, but Adalind is “a skank”. Why, because she’s a woman?

To say that men would have sex with anything is also chauvinist.
Of brave women would be: Rosalee, Marie, Kelly, Elizabeth, Adalind,..
They were able to overcome their problems and get ahead.
Juliette not.

RE: Greenwalt & Kouf are morally indifferent writers. - Hexenadler - 03-17-2019

(03-17-2019, 08:42 AM)irukandji Wrote: I almost wonder if there isn't a confirmed hatred of women in there somewhere. Take Adalind, for example. She isn't even raised to the state of prostitution. She's a skank throughout the series.

Let's not forget Juliette, who basically becomes a raging uberbitch the moment she's more confident using her newfound hexpowers. I'm not saying the writers were consciously trying to be misogynistic, but misogyny can be a lot more subtle than the drunk asshole in an undershirt who beats his wife to a pulp because his breakfast was served cold.

(03-17-2019, 12:24 PM)brandon Wrote: To say that men would have sex with anything is also chauvinist.
Juliette not.

Your correct, brandon.

(03-17-2019, 12:43 PM)Hexenadler Wrote: Let's not forget Juliette, who basically becomes a raging uberbitch the moment she's more confident using her newfound hexpowers. I'm not saying the writers were consciously trying to be misogynistic, but misogyny can be a lot more subtle than the drunk asshole in an undershirt who beats his wife to a pulp because his breakfast was served cold.

I agree that Juliette became a “raging uberbitch”, but Renard didn’t exactly handle power so good either. Sorry, but I didn’t see any misogyny in the show.

(03-17-2019, 12:02 PM)N_grimm Wrote: I find this statement inappropriate and misleading. Firstly, I've rarely seen a show with so many smart, strong and independent women as in Grimm. Even in fighting scenes, they were all equal or superior. Secondly, I don’t like the moral condemnation of Adalind. If she wanted to use sex to get people to do what she wanted, that was her choice. You claimed Juliette’s only motive for sleeping with Kenneth in Nicks bed was because she “wanted him” (which of course, is inconsistent with the storyline), but Adalind is worse than a prostitute? That’s a biased statement that has noting to do with moral. I think hypocrisy is the word I am looking for. I would like to see someone describe Oliver Queen in the (Green) Arrow “a skank”. During the first seasons, he slept with every women that appeared in front of him. He was called a “billionaire playboy”, but Adalind is “a skank”. Why, because she’s a woman? How can you even write something like that?

Spare me the protestations. First of all, this thread is about the moral indifferences of G&K. I don't know why you keep wanting to make this another Juliette versus Adalind thread.

I am merely looking at this from what I see as possible creator perspective. In the case of Adalind, there was no reason at all to make her a skank. It serves no purpose to have her sleep with whatever male happens to happen along.

(03-17-2019, 12:24 PM)brandon Wrote: To say that men would have sex with anything is also chauvinist.
Juliette not.

This is not about the characters' strengths of weaknesses. It's about the moral indifference on the part of the creative team.

(03-17-2019, 02:25 PM)irukandji Wrote: Spare me the protestations. First of all, this thread is about the moral indifferences of G&K. I don't know why you keep wanting to make this another Juliette versus Adalind thread.

I am merely looking at this from the creators' perspective. There was no reason at all to make Adalind a skank. It serves no purpose to have her sleep with whatever male happens to happen along.
Well, that applies to Renard as well then. Or is it ok for him to “sleep around” because his a man? Why do you think I compared Adalind to Oliver Queen? Or is your problem that there was too much sex in Grimm?

No reason? You gotta be kidding? As I said, the writers based this show on fairytales. From oxfordscholarship.com: “Witches, women believed to have supernatural powers, have been with us since ancient times. Often they were beautiful, highly sexual women whom men bedded at their own risk”.

(03-17-2019, 03:07 PM)N_grimm Wrote: Well, that applies to Renard as well then. Or is it ok for him to “sleep around” because his is a man? Why do you think I compared Adalind to Oliver Queen? Or is your problem that there was too much sex in Grimm?

Why don't quit trying to find a problem with me and just stick to the thread? Or is that impossible for you to do?

As for Renard, bring him on. I never said this was strictly specific to the women of Grimm.

(03-17-2019, 03:07 PM)N_grimm Wrote: No reason? You gotta be kidding? As I said, the writers based this show on fairytales. From oxfordscholarship.com: “Witches, women believed to have supernatural powers, have been with us since ancient times. Often they were beautiful, highly sexual women whom men bedded at their own risk”.

Well, tell, what exactly were the risks to Renard and Eric? How about Viktor?

Have not read Freud?
He believed that only women could be hysterical because they had a uterus.
Hysterics comes from the word utero.