Grimm Forum
Greenwalt & Kouf are morally indifferent writers. - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Greenwalt & Kouf are morally indifferent writers. (/Thread-Greenwalt-Kouf-are-morally-indifferent-writers)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: Greenwalt & Kouf are morally indifferent writers. - brandon - 04-03-2019

I would say maybe not,but how many of those who murdered in schools and other places had their own weapons.

RE: Greenwalt & Kouf are morally indifferent writers. - Henry of green - 04-03-2019

(04-02-2019, 08:59 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(04-02-2019, 02:56 PM)eric Wrote:
(04-02-2019, 04:27 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(03-31-2019, 12:23 PM)eric Wrote: The discussion about sexual activity has changed. Many first born babies in the past were 2-3 months premature and weighted 6.5 to 7.0 lbsBig Grin No one really cared as long as there was a marriage. For those mothers who did not marry, there were places they could go and leave the children to be adopted. As a child way way way back wen I heard more than once that little Mary was taking a trip for 3-4 months. The most recent real life Royal had a bump almost as soon as she got married. You may or may not approve of the current situation, but that's just how it is.

Well, let's take the character of the hour here, Adalind, and baby Kelly. Is Adalind really a much better example of motherhood?
Okay, I don't know who we are comparing her to , but she was willing to do whatever it took to prevent BC /Conrad's cursed ring from hurting her children. When they were no longer in danger, she left to live with Nick. Since she apparently had been rehired at the law firm, and could have lived anywhere with or without anyone, but choose to live with someone who loved her and her kids, I would say Yes, she is a good example of motherhood.

I was comparing Adalind to your example of Mary who took a trip for 3-4 months, presumably to have her baby and then put it up for adoption. In the case of Mary, the baby went to parents who could not only afford the baby, but had the means to care for it as well.

I don't entirely agree with your statement that no one cared about the baby as long as the parents got married. In some cases that would be true, but not always. In some cases it's just as true today, but the opposite is also true for those who have to marry because of a pregnancy.

As for Adalind, I don't hold her as a high standard of a mother simply because she "loved her children". And for that, I blame the creative team. Adalind could have been a self sufficient woman, who intended on keeping her children with her and raising them with her legacy. Instead the creative team had her mooching off of Nick and relegated to the domestic mouse. All this simply to move the BC story forward and to show that even hexenbiests want to be grimms. It was a total waste of an interesting character and one who could have been a great adversary for Nick.

What a totally biased hit piece on Adalind as usual, Adalind wasn’t mooching off anybody she was simply relying on her baby’s daddy immediately after the birth of her son because she was vulnerable and her child was vulnerable. who better to protect them than her baby’s father Nick. It’s not mooching whatsoever it’s simply a pregnant woman in extreme danger and without means to support her child allowing the person who is also 50 percent responsible for the child to help her out, that’s not mooching it’s called being a realistic mother.

Also Adalind within 5 or 6 months of living with Nick is back at work being a lawyer only she is then blackmailed by BC and is forced to basically become a slave at the BC mansion. As BC threatening her children while already holding Diana in the Mansion as leverage. That certainly doesn’t sound like a moocher to me, also though we never see her back to work in season 6 officially ,we also never see her leave the law firm or be fired be fired so who’s to say she isn’t technically still a lawyer.

Also there’s nothing to suggest even if she’s not still a lawyer that she’s never going to be working again, to the contrary during season 5 when she wasn’t working she repeatedly told Nick she couldn’t just rely on him to support her, she even said she was going back to work because she has to carry her weight and what did she do, oh yes she went to work so why would season 6 Adalind be any different.

Also here were I live women are entitled to take up 12 months maternity leave and most take about 6 months, so personally I consider Adalind going back to work 6 months after Kelly’s birth pretty normal, she’s certainly more than willing to work and support herself not mooch as you’ve claimed.

Also it’s about time you realized Nick is the hero of this show no matter your view of him thus considered on the good side and Adalind stated she wanted to rise her kids the rigth way and as far as G&k are concerned rising her kids to follow Kelly’s fathers legacy is the rigth way.

Claire coffee even stated in multiple interviews that Adalind considered Nick and the gang to be on the side of rigth fighting evil.

RE: Greenwalt & Kouf are morally indifferent writers. - dicappatore - 04-03-2019

(04-03-2019, 09:23 AM)Henry of green Wrote:
(03-31-2019, 12:23 PM)eric Wrote: The discussion about sexual activity has changed. Many first born babies in the past were 2-3 months premature and weighted 6.5 to 7.0 lbsBig Grin No one really cared as long as there was a marriage. For those mothers who did not marry, there were places they could go and leave the children to be adopted. As a child way way way back wen I heard more than once that little Mary was taking a trip for 3-4 months. The most recent real life Royal had a bump almost as soon as she got married. You may or may not approve of the current situation, but that's just how it is.

Well, let's take the character of the hour here, Adalind, and baby Kelly. Is Adalind really a much better example of motherhood?
Okay, I don't know who we are comparing her to , but she was willing to do whatever it took to prevent BC /Conrad's cursed ring from hurting her children. When they were no longer in danger, she left to live with Nick. Since she apparently had been rehired at the law firm, and could have lived anywhere with or without anyone, but choose to live with someone who loved her and her kids, I would say Yes, she is a good example of motherhood.

I was comparing Adalind to your example of Mary who took a trip for 3-4 months, presumably to have her baby and then put it up for adoption. In the case of Mary, the baby went to parents who could not only afford the baby, but had the means to care for it as well.

I don't entirely agree with your statement that no one cared about the baby as long as the parents got married. In some cases that would be true, but not always. In some cases it's just as true today, but the opposite is also true for those who have to marry because of a pregnancy.

As for Adalind, I don't hold her as a high standard of a mother simply because she "loved her children". And for that, I blame the creative team. Adalind could have been a self sufficient woman, who intended on keeping her children with her and raising them with her legacy. Instead the creative team had her mooching off of Nick and relegated to the domestic mouse. All this simply to move the BC story forward and to show that even hexenbiests want to be grimms. It was a total waste of an interesting character and one who could have been a great adversary for Nick.

What a totally biased hit piece on Adalind as usual, Adalind wasn’t mooching off anybody she was simply relying on her baby’s daddy immediately after the birth of her son because she was vulnerable and her child was vulnerable. who better to protect them than her baby’s father Nick. It’s not mooching whatsoever it’s simply a pregnant woman in extreme danger and without means to support her child allowing the person who is also 50 percent responsible for the child to help her out, that’s not mooching it’s called being a realistic mother.

Also Adalind within 5 or 6 months of living with Nick is back at work being a lawyer only she is then blackmailed by BC and is forced to basically become a slave at the BC mansion. As BC threatening her children while already holding Diana in the Mansion as leverage. That certainly doesn’t sound like a moocher to me, also though we never see her back to work in season 6 officially ,we also never see her leave the law firm or be fired be fired so who’s to say she isn’t technically still a lawyer.

Also there’s nothing to suggest even if she’s not still a lawyer that she’s never going to be working again, to the contrary during season 5 when she wasn’t working she repeatedly told Nick she couldn’t just rely on him to support her, she even said she was going back to work because she has to carry her weight and what did she do, oh yes she went to work so why would season 6 Adalind be any different.

Also here in the uk and Ireland women are entitled to take up 11 or 12 months maternity leave and most take about 6 or 7 months, so Adalind going back to work 6 months after Kelly’s birth really shows me she certainly more than willing to work and support herself not mooch as you’ve claimed.

Also it’s about time you realized Nick is the hero of this show no matter your view of him thus considered on the good side and Adalind stated she wanted to rise her kids the rigth way and as far as G&k are concerned rising her kids to follow Kelly’s fathers legacy is the rigth way.

Claire coffee even stated in multiple interviews that Adalind considered Nick and the gang to be on the side of good fighting evil.

Henry, lest not forget, after Kelly was born, all of what Nick did for Adalind was offered to her. She never asked for what Nick did. The good in Nick and his realization, Kelly was his son, convinced him to be there for his new born child, so in turn, he also offered to help out his son's mom.

The key word here is "offered". How is it when someone offers her something, and she accepts the offer, makes her, or anyone else, for that matter, a moocher? I must have missed that part my vocabulary teachings when someone accepting an offer, is a moocher.

of·fer/ˈôfər,ˈäfər/verb: offer; present or proffer (something) for (someone) to accept or reject as so desired.

mooch/mo͞oCH/noun: moocher: a beggar or scrounger.

Just imagine, if after Kelly was born and Nick walked away from the whole situation, all the creative name calling he would have been labeled as? But he didn't. The character stepped up and did what a man should do, so now that negative labeling is directed towards Adalind.

This cuckoo conversion of someone receiving an offer to be labeled a moocher can only come from someone trying to create another twisted delusional opinion into a fact.

RE: Greenwalt & Kouf are morally indifferent writers. - irukandji - 04-03-2019

(04-03-2019, 09:23 AM)Henry of green Wrote: What a totally biased hit piece on Adalind as usual, Adalind wasn’t mooching off anybody she was simply relying on her baby’s daddy immediately after the birth of her son because she was vulnerable and her child was vulnerable. who better to protect them than her baby’s father Nick. It’s not mooching whatsoever it’s simply a pregnant woman in extreme danger and without means to support her child allowing the person who is also 50 percent responsible for the child to help her out, that’s not mooching it’s called being a realistic mother.

It's a funny thing, something I would think even you would be aware of. Pregnancy takes 9 months. That's plenty of time for the so called vulnerable Adalind to make concrete plans for her baby. It's a haphazard way of thinking to burst in the police station and hope that Nick would take her in. Even you have to see that.

(04-03-2019, 09:23 AM)Henry of green Wrote: Also Adalind within 5 or 6 months of living with Nick is back at work being a lawyer only she is then blackmailed by BC and is forced to basically become a slave at the BC mansion. As BC threatening her children while already holding Diana in the Mansion as leverage. That certainly doesn’t sound like a moocher to me, also though we never see her back to work in season 6 officially ,we also never see her leave the law firm or be fired be fired so who’s to say she isn’t technically still a lawyer.

So.....not only becoming a slave in the mansion, but bringing her infant son along with her shows....what? Instead of Diana being a prisoner within the mansion, now there are three of them as prisoners. And something you seem to conveniently forget, although you manage to bring it up at times, is how powerful Diana was. If she wanted to escape, she could have easily done so.

(04-03-2019, 09:23 AM)Henry of green Wrote: Also there’s nothing to suggest even if she’s not still a lawyer that she’s never going to be working again, to the contrary during season 5 when she wasn’t working she repeatedly told Nick she couldn’t just rely on him to support her, she even said she was going back to work because she has to carry her weight and what did she do, oh yes she went to work so why would season 6 Adalind be any different.

Again, this is dumb dialogue on the part of G&K. Adalind tells Nick repeatedly that she couldn't just rely on him for support, yet she continually relies upon him for support. Speculate all you want, but the fact of the matter is, other than the day or two she managed to make it into the office, she never went back to work after that as far as the viewers know.

(04-03-2019, 09:23 AM)Henry of green Wrote: Also here were I live women are entitled to take up 12 months maternity leave and most take about 6 months, so personally I consider Adalind going back to work 6 months after Kelly’s birth pretty normal, she’s certainly more than willing to work and support herself not mooch as you’ve claimed.

In America, women are given up to 12 weeks of maternity leave. Funny thing that apparently differs from where you live.....they have to work long enough to earn it and if they quit to go off to Austria, they lose what they accumulated.

(04-03-2019, 09:23 AM)Henry of green Wrote: Also it’s about time you realized Nick is the hero of this show no matter your view of him thus considered on the good side and Adalind stated she wanted to rise her kids the rigth way and as far as G&k are concerned rising her kids to follow Kelly’s fathers legacy is the rigth way.

One wonders why then that Adalind bothers participating in any spells at all since her desire is to have Diana and Kelly become grimms. Odd, don't you think?

(04-03-2019, 09:23 AM)Henry of green Wrote: Claire coffee even stated in multiple interviews that Adalind considered Nick and the gang to be on the side of rigth fighting evil.

Yes, and Claire also snipped a part of her script which seemed to indicate Eve and Adalind were having a catfight over Nick. Keep putting that 100% faith that everything you see and hear in interviews is absolutely accurate.

RE: Greenwalt & Kouf are morally indifferent writers. - Henry of green - 04-03-2019

(04-03-2019, 12:08 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(04-03-2019, 09:23 AM)Henry of green Wrote: What a totally biased hit piece on Adalind as usual, Adalind wasn’t mooching off anybody she was simply relying on her baby’s daddy immediately after the birth of her son because she was vulnerable and her child was vulnerable. who better to protect them than her baby’s father Nick. It’s not mooching whatsoever it’s simply a pregnant woman in extreme danger and without means to support her child allowing the person who is also 50 percent responsible for the child to help her out, that’s not mooching it’s called being a realistic mother.

It's a funny thing, something I would think even you would be aware of. Pregnancy takes 9 months. That's plenty of time for the so called vulnerable Adalind to make concrete plans for her baby. It's a haphazard way of thinking to burst in the police station and hope that Nick would take her in. Even you have to see that.

(04-03-2019, 09:23 AM)Henry of green Wrote: Also Adalind within 5 or 6 months of living with Nick is back at work being a lawyer only she is then blackmailed by BC and is forced to basically become a slave at the BC mansion. As BC threatening her children while already holding Diana in the Mansion as leverage. That certainly doesn’t sound like a moocher to me, also though we never see her back to work in season 6 officially ,we also never see her leave the law firm or be fired be fired so who’s to say she isn’t technically still a lawyer.

So.....not only becoming a slave in the mansion, but bringing her infant son along with her shows....what? Instead of Diana being a prisoner within the mansion, now there are three of them as prisoners. And something you seem to conveniently forget, although you manage to bring it up at times, is how powerful Diana was. If she wanted to escape, she could have easily done so.

(04-03-2019, 09:23 AM)Henry of green Wrote: Also there’s nothing to suggest even if she’s not still a lawyer that she’s never going to be working again, to the contrary during season 5 when she wasn’t working she repeatedly told Nick she couldn’t just rely on him to support her, she even said she was going back to work because she has to carry her weight and what did she do, oh yes she went to work so why would season 6 Adalind be any different.

Again, this is dumb dialogue on the part of G&K. Adalind tells Nick repeatedly that she couldn't just rely on him for support, yet she continually relies upon him for support. Speculate all you want, but the fact of the matter is, other than the day or two she managed to make it into the office, she never went back to work after that as far as the viewers know.

(04-03-2019, 09:23 AM)Henry of green Wrote: Also here were I live women are entitled to take up 12 months maternity leave and most take about 6 months, so personally I consider Adalind going back to work 6 months after Kelly’s birth pretty normal, she’s certainly more than willing to work and support herself not mooch as you’ve claimed.

In America, women are given up to 12 weeks of maternity leave. Funny thing that apparently differs from where you live.....they have to work long enough to earn it and if they quit to go off to Austria, they lose what they accumulated.

(04-03-2019, 09:23 AM)Henry of green Wrote: Also it’s about time you realized Nick is the hero of this show no matter your view of him thus considered on the good side and Adalind stated she wanted to rise her kids the rigth way and as far as G&k are concerned rising her kids to follow Kelly’s fathers legacy is the rigth way.

One wonders why then that Adalind bothers participating in any spells at all since her desire is to have Diana and Kelly become grimms. Odd, don't you think?

(04-03-2019, 09:23 AM)Henry of green Wrote: Claire coffee even stated in multiple interviews that Adalind considered Nick and the gang to be on the side of rigth fighting evil.

Yes, and Claire also snipped a part of her script which seemed to indicate Eve and Adalind were having a catfight over Nick. Keep putting that 100% faith that everything you see and hear in interviews is absolutely accurate.

First of all no one knew truly how powerful Diana was Boneparte certainly didn’t since he stupidly tried to kill her mother and even put a cursed ring spell on Diana via Adalind he was even surprised she had the power to kill Rachel at such a young age . Adalind also made multiple statements stating just how shocked she was at Diana’s power.
So your statement about Diana not needing Adalind because she could escape when she wants is other nonsense. Adalind had no idea Diana had the power to destroy an entire Wesen organisation, all she knew was her little girl was being threatened by the people who were keeping her hostage, any halfway decent mother would go running to thier child. Also as for bringing Kelly yes it was stupid however, Boneparte made it pretty clear he wanted Kelly and Adalind so did she really have an option, considering Boneparte was after the Grimm book Nick had and always planned on using Kelly as a bargaining chip.

Also Diana is a still a child thus easily manipulated by telling her they were getting her mommy and daddy together and and given her father was with BC helping them to minipulate her clearly she couldnt just escape no matter how powerful she because she liked the story they were feeding her of having her perants together. So clearly Adalind had zero options as Boneparte and Renard could simply try and poison Diana against her mother telling her Adalind didn’t really want her thus turning Diana against her mom.

Adalind: What do you want?
Bonaparte: Your present relationship is very unhealthy for you and Kelly. Your future is with us, not with the Grimm. You need to make a decision by the end of the day. Hmm? [He leaves]

Yes I believe Claire over you 100 percent as she knows her own character far better than us , also you see Adalind in a bad light no matter what she does. Even when G&k and the actors involved and the script all state she was doing it solely to protect Diana and Kelly and to help Nick the best she could in the process you still deny it simply because you always see the character in as having an agenda no matter what she does.

RE: Greenwalt & Kouf are morally indifferent writers. - eric - 04-03-2019

The "Mary's" gave up their kids not out of love or concern for the children, but because of the shame it would bring to her and her family. As single motherhood has became more acceptable, the number of chlldren needing to be adopted has gone down. I can also state from personal family history, lots of people got married to avoid having an little bastard in the family. If the parents got a divorce later, the child wasn't blamed.

RE: Greenwalt & Kouf are morally indifferent writers. - syscrash - 04-03-2019

Adalind was not a prisoner. She made a tactical decision to go to the mansion. She had her powers, Diana powers, and Sean for protection. Also BC was not a threat to her. The ring was to keep her from becoming a threat to them. But even that did not stop her from working against them, by sending Diana to warn Nick.

As for Diana, only once did we she her not want to be somewhere. In that case she made a toy out of her capture. People keep suggesting the idea that Diana could be manipulated. Yet there is not one example of that. There are several examples of her manipulating others. Even as a baby she manipulated Misner into getting firewood to keep her warm. People pass judgement on what they think she was feeling about each of her situations. Yet they fail to consider we never saw Diana show any emotions about anything. It was not till the end that we saw her show fear. Also consider how she responded to her parents. it was exactly how the characters in a book of fairy tales on the bed would act.

What is amazing is how people evaluate Diana as if she was a normal child. As if she would have the same behavior development as other children. Except Diana is aging a year per month. Not once have I seen that taken in consideration when discussing Diana. They also ignore from the day Diana was born. Killing had no significance to her. It was just a solution to a problem. So when people pass judgement on her as a child or those that interact with her, as though she was normal. They are ignoring there is nothing normal about her. With the level of cognitive and logistical thought she showed. How could you ever see her as ever being a child. Her body may have been that of a child, but not her mind. To me I understood Diana as an adult trapped in an child's body fighting to take control. Just like Juliette was fighting with the hexenbiest trying to take over.

RE: Greenwalt & Kouf are morally indifferent writers. - Henry of green - 04-04-2019

(04-03-2019, 08:18 PM)syscrash Wrote: Adalind was not a prisoner. She made a tactical decision to go to the mansion. She had her powers, Diana powers, and Sean for protection. Also BC was not a threat to her. The ring was to keep her from becoming a threat to them. But even that did not stop her from working against them, by sending Diana to warn Nick.

As for Diana, only once did we she her not want to be somewhere. In that case she made a toy out of her capture. People keep suggesting the idea that Diana could be manipulated. Yet there is not one example of that. There are several examples of her manipulating others. Even as a baby she manipulated Misner into getting firewood to keep her warm. People pass judgement on what they think she was feeling about each of her situations. Yet they fail to consider we never saw Diana show any emotions about anything. It was not till the end that we saw her show fear. Also consider how she responded to her parents. it was exactly how the characters in a book of fairy tales on the bed would act.

What is amazing is how people evaluate Diana as if she was a normal child. As if she would have the same behavior development as other children. Except Diana is aging a year per month. Not once have I seen that taken in consideration when discussing Diana. They also ignore from the day Diana was born. Killing had no significance to her. It was just a solution to a problem. So when people pass judgement on her as a child or those that interact with her, as though she was normal. They are ignoring there is nothing normal about her. With the level of cognitive and logistical thought she showed. How could you ever see her as ever being a child. Her body may have been that of a child, but not her mind. To me I understood Diana as an adult trapped in an child's body fighting to take control. Just like Juliette was fighting with the hexenbiest trying to take over.

What utter hogwash it had absolutely nothing to do with a tactical decision, Claire and G&k stated in multiple interviews she went to the Mansion to protect the kids first and foremost and to help Nick the best she could. The show clearly showed us with Adalinds words and actions she went to protect the kids it’s not even up for debate. G&k had her tell Bonaparte us the audience Renard and Nick she was doing it for the kids so I liked to know from exactly where your pulling this nonsense it was a tactical decision because it certainly wasn’t shown onscreen.

RE: Greenwalt & Kouf are morally indifferent writers. - syscrash - 04-04-2019

Quote:What utter hogwash it had absolutely nothing to do with a tactical decision, Claire and G&k stated in multiple interviews she went to the Mansion to protect the kids first and foremost and to help Nick the best she could.
That is a tactical decision. A tactical decision is where you use logic instead of emotions. Had she stayed because of her caring for Nick, that would have been an emotional decision.
Yes the cause for the choice was to protect the kids and Nick. But staying with Nick could be justified by Nick being a Grimm and could protect her and the kids from Conrad. But that would not be a logical reason. The biggest problem would be she could be attacked in the fome. That would not happen if she is in the mansion. That is a logical distinction.

RE: Greenwalt & Kouf are morally indifferent writers. - Henry of green - 04-04-2019

(04-04-2019, 12:35 AM)syscrash Wrote:
Quote:What utter hogwash it had absolutely nothing to do with a tactical decision, Claire and G&k stated in multiple interviews she went to the Mansion to protect the kids first and foremost and to help Nick the best she could.
That is a tactical decision. A tactical decision is where you use logic instead of emotions. Had she stayed because of her caring for Nick, that would have been an emotional decision.
Yes the cause for the choice was to protect the kids and Nick. But staying with Nick could be justified by Nick being a Grimm and could protect her and the kids from Conrad. But that would not be a logical reason. The biggest problem would be she could be attacked in the fome. That would not happen if she is in the mansion. That is a logical distinction.

Staying with Nick while Boneparte had Diana and could either harm her or turn Diana against her mother is far from justifiable. How on earth could Nick protect the kids from Conrad if he already had one of the kids, Diana was already under Boneparte and Bc control and she was most definitely in danger No matter how powerful Diana was. Also Adalind would actually be in less danger not more if she stayed in the fome because Boneparte or BC never actually knew where the fome was located until he physically choked it out of Adalind so it’s unlikely they'd attack the fome considering they don’t knew where the hell its located.