Grimm Forum
what was the worst betrayal that happened during the show? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: what was the worst betrayal that happened during the show? (/Thread-what-was-the-worst-betrayal-that-happened-during-the-show)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: what was the worst betrayal that happened during the show? - irukandji - 06-23-2019

(06-22-2019, 10:16 AM)brandon Wrote: I do not think that such an article was necessary, those matters are personal.

You don't, but there are no doubt thousands out there who not only think it's necessary, but they have the right to know. And if the stars themselves choose to make it known, there's little that can be done about it. The speculation about Bitsie's role on Grimm somehow having to do with the BT/DG relationship is old news that was brought up years ago on the forum. It's never been proven.

In reality, I thought the article(s) about Claire's baby were much more interesting, but had they not appeared on the forum, I would have never gone out of my way to read them.

RE: what was the worst betrayal that happened during the show? - N_grimm - 06-23-2019

(06-20-2019, 12:37 AM)dicappatore Wrote:
(06-19-2019, 10:05 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(06-19-2019, 05:54 AM)dicappatore Wrote: Instead of trying to expose what is in plain sight, try in exploring your reasons for having biased double standards. Maybe then you will realize why you can not be taken seriously.
This coming from the poster who bragged about taking LSD in his earlier years.
Are you sure you are confusing me with someone else? Can you please point me to the post where I admitted I did LSD? Since I never did.
Falsely accused of taking LSD – what’s next?
(06-20-2019, 04:26 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(06-19-2019, 05:47 AM)brandon Wrote: When Eve warned Nick about Adalind, nothing happened.
Why would it? The hexenbiest spirit had not come back at that time. What you're forgetting is that it wasn't Eve, but Rosalee who warned Nick when the hexenbiest spirit returned. You also forget that when Rosalee suggested trying methods to prevent the biest spirit from causing problems, Adalind did not take her up on her offer.
This is incorrect. Eve warned Nick in S5e17, Adalind’s powers returned in s5e12. Rosalee did try to find a cure for Adalind when Nick was in Germany, but it wasn’t possible.
There's a lot of interesting stuff going on in this dialog between Eve and Nick:
Nick: Rachel just flat out told you that Renard is involved with Black Claw? Why would she do that?
Eve: I slept with her.
Nick: I'm serious.
Eve: So am I.I was Sean Renard at the time. I didn't know how personal their relationship was.
Nick: So, Rachel was sleeping with the captain and talking to you?
Eve: Yes.
Nick: That's a lot to unpack.
Eve: Black Claw wants to take control of the government, and they're starting in Portland with Renard. Have you noticed any changes in Adalind?
Nick: What are you talking about?
Eve: The suppressant you gave her won't last, and if she becomes a Hexenbiest again, she will not be who you know now.
Nick: Kind of been there, done that.

Read more: https://www.springfieldspringfield.co.uk/view_episode_scripts.php?tv-show=grimm&episode=s05e17

Frist of all, I love how Nick verbally slap down Eve. She thinks Nick gave Adalind the suppressant potion, but it was Adalind who decided to take it. (Nick said, “you can’t). Nick never said anything about Adalind having to give up her powers. And of course, Adalind didn't turn evil.
Secondly, why the hell is nobody accusing Eve of rape? Eve tricked Rachel into sleeping with her, pretending to be Renard – the same way Adalind did when pretending to be Juliette. Just wondering….

RE: what was the worst betrayal that happened during the show? - irukandji - 06-23-2019

(06-23-2019, 11:16 AM)N_grimm Wrote: Eve warned Nick in S5e17, Adalind’s powers returned in s5e12. Rosalee did try to find a cure for Adalind when Nick was in Germany, but it wasn’t possible.

(06-19-2019, 05:47 AM)brandon Wrote: When Eve warned Nick about Adalind, nothing happened.

Why would it? The hexenbiest spirit had not come back at that time. What you're forgetting is that it wasn't Eve, but Rosalee who warned Nick when the hexenbiest spirit returned. You also forget that when Rosalee suggested trying methods to prevent the biest spirit from causing problems, Adalind did not take her up on her offer.

Thought I'd just get the quote out there so that we're not all confused on elements of the story here because I did have episode 12 incorrect, but I noticed you completely ignored the rest of episode 17 in an attempt to talk about the rape of Rachel.

So let's get back to basics here, okay?

First, Juliette knew Adalind's hexenbiest had returned in episode 12.

Second, you're stating that Rosalee did try to find a cure for Adalind. I didn't see anything in your post to suggest that, and certainly nothing from Adalind agreeing to such a thing.

So this is basically your opinion. I looked through the scripts. I couldn't locate anything, but feel free to prove me wrong.

Third, it was Rosalee who spilled the beans to Nick that Adalind's powers had returned. That was not incorrect as you state.

Just for giggles:

(11-22-2017, 04:50 AM)dicappatore Wrote: Henry, in my younger days, i was probably thinking the way some of these contributors opine. But after I stopped doing LSD, reality took over.

RE: what was the worst betrayal that happened during the show? - brandon - 06-23-2019

as I said, Eve forget that it was juliette who did not want to be " Hexenbiest".
Nick could have mentioned that they had another body to use- Henriette-.
Omission of the writer ? or that perhaps gives to understand that it accepted Adalind being a "Hexenbiest".

RE: what was the worst betrayal that happened during the show? - N_grimm - 06-23-2019

(06-23-2019, 01:00 PM)irukandji Wrote: Second, you're stating that Rosalee did try to find a cure for Adalind. I didn't see anything in your post to suggest that, and certainly nothing from Adalind agreeing to such a thing.

So this is basically your opinion. I looked through the scripts. I couldn't locate anything, but feel free to prove me wrong.

Third, it was Rosalee who spilled the beans to Nick that Adalind's powers had returned. That was not incorrect as you state.

Adalind was desperate when the hex returned. She was afraid of how Nick would react. This is from the script:
s5e12:
Rosalee: How you feeling?
Adalind: About the same.
Rosalee: I haven't found anything that could help.
Adalind: You won't. Dead Hexenbiest isn't easy to come by.
Rosalee: I'm sorry.

Adalind had more knowledge about this than Rosalee. The compression formula was something Adalind had heard about from her aunt, it wasn’t written down in any of the books.

It's correct that Rosalee told Nick about the powers returning. I've never said Eve was the first to tell him. It's also worth noting that Nick knew it would happened, so it was more about timing.

s05e13:
Adalind: Hey, uh, while you were gone, I was thinking that stuff we made for me was just a suppressant.
Nick: Yeah, I know.

(06-23-2019, 01:46 PM)N_grimm Wrote:
(06-23-2019, 01:00 PM)irukandji Wrote: Second, you're stating that Rosalee did try to find a cure for Adalind. I didn't see anything in your post to suggest that, and certainly nothing from Adalind agreeing to such a thing.

Adalind was desperate when the hex returned. She was afraid of how Nick would react. This is from the script:
s5e12:
Rosalee: How you feeling?
Adalind: About the same.
Rosalee: I haven't found anything that could help.
Adalind: You won't. Dead Hexenbiest isn't easy to come by.
Rosalee: I'm sorry.

Adalind had more knowledge about this than Rosalee. The compression formula was something Adalind had heard about from her aunt, it wasn’t written down in any of the books.

It's correct that Rosalee told Nick about the powers returning. I've never said Eve was the first to tell him. It's also worth noting that Nick knew it would happened, so it was more about timing.

s05e13:
Adalind: Hey, uh, while you were gone, I was thinking that stuff we made for me was just a suppressant.
Nick: Yeah, I know.

I got the impression you were stating that Adalind wanted a cure and Rosalee was working on it. Now I see what you're saying. Rosalee looked for something that might help during the time she and Adalind were in the spice shop. Once Adalind and baby left the shop, Rosalee took no further action.

RE: what was the worst betrayal that happened during the show? - dicappatore - 06-24-2019

(06-23-2019, 01:00 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(06-23-2019, 11:16 AM)N_grimm Wrote: Eve warned Nick in S5e17, Adalind’s powers returned in s5e12. Rosalee did try to find a cure for Adalind when Nick was in Germany, but it wasn’t possible.

Thought I'd just get the quote out there so that we're not all confused on elements of the story here because I did have episode 12 incorrect, but I noticed you completely ignored the rest of episode 17 in an attempt to talk about the rape of Rachel.

So let's get back to basics here, okay?

First, Juliette knew Adalind's hexenbiest had returned in episode 12.

Second, you're stating that Rosalee did try to find a cure for Adalind. I didn't see anything in your post to suggest that, and certainly nothing from Adalind agreeing to such a thing.

Just for giggles:

(11-22-2017, 04:50 AM)dicappatore Wrote: Henry, in my younger days, i was probably thinking the way some of these contributors opine. But after I stopped doing LSD, reality took over.

Obviously, SOME lacking the ability to foresee sarcasm, I initiated my postings with the (sarcastic remark)<----- (Sarcasm) labeling.
Such as the example above someone dug up from the past with the inability to see the sarcasm. The sarcasm was a deflection on them taking LSD for their lack of reasoning.
Just one of my techniques I started to use after realizing I might be dealing with children or adults with low intellect.

But it is a typical response of deflecting and focusing on the "I GOTCHA" syndrome instead of responding to the standing question of why the double standards, including the one N_grimm exemplified here.

The other big time misconception from some of these thick headed contributors is about this potion Adalind made. The so-called cure potion that never was. I referred it as the show referred it. A suppression potion suggested by Adalind to give to Juliette time to acclimate to her Hex condition, she ended up with, diving into it, almost over night.

There was never any inclination for the potion to suppress the Hex condition permanently. Maybe it was the remnants of Juliette's memories in Eve's head, thinking it was a cure, as she fought to not to take it, when she almost got Monroe shot.

Nick knew, Rosalee knew, Monroe knew the rest of us watching public, knew, it was a matter of time the full Hex, in Adalind, would return. There was no surprise when Adalind got her powers back.

So again, more unfounded arguments created out of nothing to avoid or mask the real argument on why some stubborn viewers refuse to explain their double standards.

RE: what was the worst betrayal that happened during the show? - irukandji - 06-24-2019

(06-23-2019, 01:06 PM)brandon Wrote: Nick could have mentioned that they had another body to use- Henriette-. Omission of the writer ? or that perhaps gives to understand that it accepted Adalind being a "Hexenbiest".

Even though it seemed completely preposterous that Adalind could have Catherine's body exhumed only to cut it up into pieces, as the next of kin, she may have been able to find a way and make it so.

It's been suggested that Henrietta's corpse could have been used, but how viable was that option? I don't think Nick had enough clout to get her corpse exhumed, and really why would he? After Catherine had been cut up and the whole plan failed, there was no incentive for him to try again with Henrietta. He was already well on his way to establishing life with Adalind and without Juliette.

(06-23-2019, 01:06 PM)brandon Wrote: as I said, Eve forget that it was juliette who did not want to be " Hexenbiest".

By the time Eve comes along, Adalind is already installed as a guest in Nick's house, Monroe and Rosalee are used to her taking Juliette's place, and even Nick has forgotten the whole episode. Things have gone forward without Juliette.

The only possible purpose for Eve to keep reminding herself that it was Juliette who didn't want to be a hexenbiest would be if Nick somehow desperately wanted Juliette back *and* needed Eve to remember. It's apparent that was never going to happen because Nick had forgotten about it all anyway.

So, I see no purpose in Eve reminding herself that Juliette didn't want to be a hexenbiest. Nick got what he wanted out of Juliette and was through with her.

RE: what was the worst betrayal that happened during the show? - brandon - 06-24-2019

It was juliette who ended the relationship first.
That's why Adalind said that a body not fresh was needed.
Nick does not mention it when he speaks with Adalind-the body of Henriette-that because Nick accepted Adalind like she was
or from the beginning the relationship between them was like that-not like enemies who respect each other

RE: what was the worst betrayal that happened during the show? - dicappatore - 06-24-2019

(06-24-2019, 04:27 AM)irukandji Wrote: Nick got what he wanted out of Juliette and was through with her.

The show I saw was after Nick found out from Henrietta she could not be changed back and after after he was told by Juliette, she went to Henrietta after she confided with Sean 1st, instead of the love of her life and the man she was living with for years. When Nick took a walk. He did not sleep in the car, but a couch. The same couch he slept on for months when she had the hots for the same guy she just confided with, Sean.

Juliette was the one that used Nick for her needs and when she was done with him, SHE moved out and betrayed him. She slept in her car one night and then went to shack up with Sean. When Nick took that walk, he did not go out and seek out the muse or the dragon lady to move in with and screw them like Juliette did with Sean.

I know you did not like the way that whole arc was written. No matter how you try to change the narrative or ignore parts of that arc making Juliette look bad, it doesn't change the truth. No matter how much you go around squawking your wares on these forums. No matter how many times you bring up old arguments. No matter how many times you claim to ignore me.

The main reason Juliette left Nick was due to her belief a Grimm and Hexenbiest could not cohabitate under the same roof. The Nick/Adalind relationship proved Juliette/Eve WRONG.

When we all re-watch the show, we still see Juliette abandon Nick, not the other way around. No matter how much you insist and try to re-write the arc, it doesn't change it.