Grimm Forum
what was the worst betrayal that happened during the show? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: what was the worst betrayal that happened during the show? (/Thread-what-was-the-worst-betrayal-that-happened-during-the-show)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: what was the worst betrayal that happened during the show? - FaceInTheCrowd - 06-15-2019

Seemed to me that the things that set off Juliette as a hexenbiest were all things that had previously been issues in her relationship with Nick. Nick's early habit of keeping secrets from her, especially when those secrets had involved gorgeous females who were attempting to seduce him and kidnap or kill her, had created some significant jealously and trust issues between them, which were explosively amplified by the hair trigger temper and rampant paranoia that seemed to come with becoming a hexenbiest.

RE: what was the worst betrayal that happened during the show? - irukandji - 06-16-2019

There may have been trust issues, but Juliette was well grounded enough to deal with them. My thought is that the hexenbiest exerted control over her and through it she learned that the life she had become accustomed to was no longer hers. She didn't only lose Nick. I think if it had been that simple, she could have gone on. Instead she lost her career, her home, her friends, even the person she had become prior to possession by the hexenbiest.

RE: what was the worst betrayal that happened during the show? - brandon - 06-16-2019

I did not see that she lost all that, she was the one who left everything.
Well, I think it would have been useless to tell you some of his secrets to juliette- case Farley K and Marie;the kiss of Ariel- think the relationship between them would have worsened..

RE: what was the worst betrayal that happened during the show? - irukandji - 06-16-2019

(06-16-2019, 07:21 AM)brandon Wrote: I did not see that she lost all that, she was the one who left everything. Well, I think it would have been useless to tell you some of his secrets to juliette- case Farley K and Marie;the kiss of Ariel- think the relationship between them would have worsened..

Did you ever wonder why it was that Juliette immediately sided with the royals? Maybe the hexenbiest spirit was behind that.

RE: what was the worst betrayal that happened during the show? - brandon - 06-16-2019

no stories about the spirit "Hexenbiest".
juliette saw a way to cause damage to Nick and Adalind and take advantage of it.Maybe she was tired of turning the other cheek, but I do not justify what she did.
Being an accomplice of those murders, it could not be the same again.Who kills once, maybe keeps doing it.

RE: what was the worst betrayal that happened during the show? - eric - 06-16-2019

(06-15-2019, 04:36 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(06-15-2019, 03:06 PM)eric Wrote: Nick couldn't love her new self, why should she continue to love him? She might have gone down another path if the writers had wanted, but that is another rabbit hole.

Well, if you read the consensus, most posters didn't believe that Nick and Juliette had much of a "true love" thing going on. Add to that the issue of Juliette refusing his proposal, and the further fact that Nick never attempted to propose again. While Juliette shut one possible discussion of marriage down, it doesn't erase the issue that if there was a true love thing going on, Nick wouldn't have given up so easily.

So I'm not so sure Nick's love was what really kept Juliette going. I would imagine that for a woman of Juliette's intelligence, it might have been getting into the scoobies and then into Nick's world that may have been more enticing. That was no longer accessible to her as a hexenbiest.
I agree that the consensus probably agrees with you. Juliette felt Nick was hiding something- he was big time, and told him he had to tell her the secret before she would agree to get married. Nick was about to propose when Kelly and Adeline showed up and broke the mood. Right before Monroe and Roselee's wedding Nick got the ring out but Juliette thought announcing an engagement at a wedding was bad form-and it would have been. If they would have accepted her new reality, and she could have trusted that Nick wouldn't cut off her head, she would have probably have been another odd member of the crew. All this might not be the consensus, just my take on the show.

His excuse that Nick was hiding something has me fed up-as if everyone did not hide secrets, ja , ja-
Maybe she did not want to get married and he wanted to have a family.The family he lost.
I think Nick would be the right one-Juliette- but accidents happen, situations that usually change everything.

(06-16-2019, 10:24 AM)brandon Wrote: no stories about the spirit "Hexenbiest".
juliette saw a way to cause damage to Nick and Adalind and take advantage of it.Maybe she was tired of turning the other cheek, but I do not justify what she did.
Being an accomplice of those murders, it could not be the same again.Who kills once, maybe keeps doing it.

You are right, there are no stories about the hexenbiest spirit. However, we know that that spirit came from Adalind. That spirit did damage to Juliette. It's really arguable if Juliette really was Juliette after that.

RE: what was the worst betrayal that happened during the show? - brandon - 06-17-2019

I think the main damage that was done to itself was:
1)Do not accept yourself as a "Hexenbiest".
2)Blame the group for something they did not know.
3)Get away from your human friends.
Because they would not understand it?
Because should lie to them and she did not want that?
Absurd.
Believe that someone says everything to their acquaintances?
What goes through your head and what you do every day?

RE: what was the worst betrayal that happened during the show? - eric - 06-17-2019

(06-16-2019, 05:10 PM)brandon Wrote: His excuse that Nick was hiding something has me fed up-as if everyone did not hide secrets, ja , ja-
Maybe she did not want to get married and he wanted to have a family.The family he lost.
I think Nick would be the right one-Juliette- but accidents happen, situations that usually change everything.
I can understand your view on this subject, but-----if some one asks you to marry them, and they have been acting strangely lately, and you know they are hiding something, and they get all anguished looking when you ask them what it is, my advice would be to find out what is going on. Another "friend", something happening at work, some really bad family secret just found out in the creepy old trailer, who knows? If you jump into a marriage in that situation, I can recommend a good divorce lawyer to you.Sad