Grimm Forum
what was the worst betrayal that happened during the show? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: what was the worst betrayal that happened during the show? (/Thread-what-was-the-worst-betrayal-that-happened-during-the-show)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: what was the worst betrayal that happened during the show? - dicappatore - 06-10-2019

(06-10-2019, 12:04 PM)N_grimm Wrote:
(05-26-2019, 07:38 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(05-26-2019, 03:24 PM)N_grimm Wrote: And just for the record, this is from google: What is another word for main character?
main character; protagonist; leading actor; principal person; principal character;hero; principal figure; main actor.

Well, that being the case, my snippet from wiki is just as correct, wouldn't you say?

The page you are referring to when insisting on using that term for every regular, also says: “Nicholas Burkhardt (played by David Giuntoli) is the show's protagonist and titular grimm”.

(06-09-2019, 07:39 AM)irukandji Wrote: Fantasy or no, the way I see it, in order for Juliette to turn from good to bad, the storyline must support her desire to do so. It doesn't. What it did do was dumb her and all of the characters down into one plot element. They must behave the way they did so that Adalind could be brought into the story and immediately established as a regular character.

You keep using alternative/unconventional terminology when it comes to these characters. Adalind became a regular character from episode 12 season 2.

Neither Juliette nor Renard's turn to the dark side was explained very well. I guess that's because the lack of reason made the viewers hate the bad guys even more.

(06-07-2019, 06:15 AM)irukandji Wrote: I think the betrayal was a means of ridding the series of Kelly, bringing Diana temporarily into the picture while propelling a somewhat useless Adalind back into the story.

We all know why this happened. Juliette turned evil so she could be killed, paving the way for Nick and Adalind. Killing mom Kelly was partly a result of Mastrantonio lacking time for filming, but she was only a gust star, so it would been possible to just let her stay away and come up with an alternative explanation for Diana’s appearance at a later stage. The main reason for killing Kelly was to add to Juliette’s evilness, and make Adalind look like an angel in comparison (she looks like an angel in the first place, when she doesn’t woge, then she looks like a rotten corpse, but I’m taking about the inside). Personally, I’ve never made any bombastic conclusions when it comes to whether Juliette was in full control of her actions at the end of season 4.

N, some of these contributors remind me of when I was a little kid. Sometimes I would complain about my Christmas or birthday presents. All the complaining I did never changed the outcome, so I learned to move on.

This is why I believe, I am able to deal with what I observed, about some of the shortcomings, of some of the characters of this fantasy show, including many other TV shows and movies. I accepted them as they are presented to the viewing public, and able to move on.

Some of these entitled contributors can bitch, whine, make up shitz to their hearts content, it will not change the outcome. I just hope, for their sake, they can move on with their malcontent lives.

RE: what was the worst betrayal that happened during the show? - irukandji - 06-11-2019

(06-08-2019, 07:51 PM)Hexenadler Wrote:
(06-07-2019, 06:15 AM)irukandji Wrote: I think the betrayal was a means of ridding the series of Kelly, bringing Diana temporarily into the picture while propelling a somewhat useless Adalind back into the story.

Yes, at the expense of the characters appearing even remotely likable or intelligent. I know this type of situation isn't unique to GRIMM, but it sucks when it happens to a cast I've actually grown fond of.

Oh come on now, Hexenadler. You can't really be saying that you've actually vested in the characters of Grimm now, can you? You can't possibly be considering them as important components to the story and so, question their actions, can you? Why would you do that? Don't you know you're supposed to be ignoring all of that? You're supposed to be looking at those character polls developed right here in the forum and following the consensus. Don't you realize that you're supposed to take things the way they are because that's what's been interpreted by some know it alls by virtue of selecting certain G&K interviews, discussions, interviews with Claire or their own inflated opinions? They can tell you just how *important* they are in 200 words or less, or a you tube video that takes up so much bandwidth on a forum they don't pay for. How can you just totally ignore all of those deleted scenes? Just because they're deleted doesn't mean they're not canon, right? Goodness, how can you question certain aspects of the story when there are such self-appointed (so called) experts in scriptology present? Don't you know they will most certainly point out your many flaws (according to them) while completely ignoring their own obvious ones?

RE: what was the worst betrayal that happened during the show? - dicappatore - 06-14-2019

Squawk, squawk, squawk. Shhhhhh. I think I hear a duck walking about.

RE: what was the worst betrayal that happened during the show? - irukandji - 06-14-2019

(06-14-2019, 10:40 AM)dicappatore Wrote: Squawk, squawk, squawk. Shhhhhh. I think I hear a duck walking about.

Says the Gary Stu as he goes off to play with his official Grimm weapons. I bet in those role plays he always wants to be "Nick".

RE: what was the worst betrayal that happened during the show? - dicappatore - 06-15-2019

(06-14-2019, 06:08 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(06-14-2019, 10:40 AM)dicappatore Wrote: Squawk, squawk, squawk. Shhhhhh. I think I hear a duck walking about.

Says the Gary Stu as he goes off to play with his official Grimm weapons. I bet in those role plays he always wants to be "Nick".

It sure is beats playing out the evil Juliette thinking she was a good guy.

RE: what was the worst betrayal that happened during the show? - brandon - 06-15-2019

I do not think juliette thought she was a good girl when she turned bad.

RE: what was the worst betrayal that happened during the show? - irukandji - 06-15-2019

(06-15-2019, 10:30 AM)brandon Wrote: I do not think juliette thought she was a good girl when she turned bad.

What Juliette thought once she became a hexenbiest is something I have never heard anyone bring up on the forum, ever. Kudos!

When was it you believe that Juliette turned bad?

I wonder if the beginning of the bad occurred when she morphed into Adalind and slept with Nick. There seemed to be something about assuming Adalind's form that caused the hexenbiest spirit to possess Juliette.

RE: what was the worst betrayal that happened during the show? - FaceInTheCrowd - 06-15-2019

Hexebiests tend to have short fuses, which is why most other wesen tended to steer clear. Juliette`s transformation into a hexenbiest most likely resulted in the breaking down off all the normal emotional controls that distinguish between "good" people and homicidal maniacs.

RE: what was the worst betrayal that happened during the show? - eric - 06-15-2019

(06-15-2019, 12:27 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(06-15-2019, 10:30 AM)brandon Wrote: I do not think juliette thought she was a good girl when she turned bad.

What Juliette thought once she became a hexenbiest is something I have never heard anyone bring up on the forum, ever. Kudos!

When was it you believe that Juliette turned bad?

I wonder if the beginning of the bad occurred when she morphed into Adalind and slept with Nick. There seemed to be something about assuming Adalind's form that caused the hexenbiest spirit to possess Juliette.
I would say it was after she accepted that no one could help her turn back into her old self, told Nick about her new self, and he walked out on her. That night she decided to embrace her new reality and not hold on the world of old Juliette. Nick couldn't love her new self, why should she continue to love him? She might have gone down another path if the writers had wanted, but that is another rabbit hole.

RE: what was the worst betrayal that happened during the show? - irukandji - 06-15-2019

(06-15-2019, 03:06 PM)eric Wrote: Nick couldn't love her new self, why should she continue to love him? She might have gone down another path if the writers had wanted, but that is another rabbit hole.

Well, if you read the consensus, most posters didn't believe that Nick and Juliette had much of a "true love" thing going on. Add to that the issue of Juliette refusing his proposal, and the further fact that Nick never attempted to propose again. While Juliette shut one possible discussion of marriage down, it doesn't erase the issue that if there was a true love thing going on, Nick wouldn't have given up so easily.

So I'm not so sure Nick's love was what really kept Juliette going. I would imagine that for a woman of Juliette's intelligence, it might have been getting into the scoobies and then into Nick's world that may have been more enticing. That was no longer accessible to her as a hexenbiest.