Grimm Forum
David Giuntoli Is So Ready for the Grimm Spin-Off - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Television Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Television-Forum)
+--- Forum: TV News (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-TV-News)
+--- Thread: David Giuntoli Is So Ready for the Grimm Spin-Off (/Thread-David-Giuntoli-Is-So-Ready-for-the-Grimm-Spin-Off)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: David Giuntoli Is So Ready for the Grimm Spin-Off - dicappatore - 02-05-2019

(02-05-2019, 09:20 PM)syscrash Wrote:
Quote:I already see all the possibility of you, ingratiating us with your "writer's intent" wisdom to continue the fake arguments you been plastering this forum as you have done in the past.
Actually I was covering why the spin off could create story lines for the original characters different then what you insist they turn out to be. Contrary to your belief the future of Nick, Adalind, Sean, Eve are written to be ambiguous. But even if they weren't the spin off could still diverge from what the original series stated.

Example that i used was the character Hope on Legacy. She was born on the show Originals. Her father is a vampire her mother is a werewolf her grandmother is a which. Hope is all three. Sort of like Kelly. And like the speculations about Kelly, there where many speculations about Hope. Even though Legacy is a time jump from the Originals. We have yet to see if the speculation of how being all three would interact are true. We are seven episode in and the show seems to not want to define the rules. I see the Grimm spin off doing the same, if the spin off is about Diana and Kelly.

The future of these characters might be ambiguous to you, so knock yourself out with all your ambiguity to your hearts content. I saw 6 seasons of the Grimm TV series and I am very content with what I saw, that is why I kept watching it, instead of making up what I wished to have seen.

See, in my simple world, with so many other show to watch, if I don't like what I am watching, I change the channel, instead of trying to re-write it. Then, I pop in such Forums as this one, one of many others I contribute to, and I discuss my likes and dislikes, instead of making up what I wished I saw and then try to convince others, they saw what I saw, instead of what they saw.

RE: David Giuntoli Is So Ready for the Grimm Spin-Off - eric - 02-06-2019

For me, one of the big pluses of new characters in a new location and new life situations would be that we would have new subjects to complain and bitch about and try to force everyone to see things our right way, not their wrong way. One thing I have learned is we all see things differently based on where we stand and have stood, examples being poliitcs, sex, religion, money, sports and food plus a lot of other dumb things some wrong headed people may stupidly consider to be more important.Big Grin

RE: David Giuntoli Is So Ready for the Grimm Spin-Off - N_grimm - 02-06-2019

(02-05-2019, 03:12 AM)syscrash Wrote: It says the protagonist will be female. I see that meaning the new show will be either Trubel or Diana's story. I would like it to be Trubel. With Diana you have the Kelly issue. Do you have one without the other. But with Diana and Kelly it is open to give them what ever powers the writers want. Especial with Kelly being half hexebiest and half Grimm. But they could also do the same with Trubel since she was never given and origin story.

How can a show about a female Grimm have Diana as the main character? Diana is 3/4 Hexenbiest and 1/4 human (unless they make up a storyline where Nick miraculously turn out to be the father). Besides, it is likely that the storyline will not take place long into the future. Kelly and Diana would require that Nick and Adalind showed up quite often. When Kelly is a young adult, they will be in their mid 50's. If they use known characters, they will probably be roughly the same age as the actors.

RE: David Giuntoli Is So Ready for the Grimm Spin-Off - dicappatore - 02-06-2019

(02-06-2019, 09:21 AM)eric Wrote: For me, one of the big pluses of new characters in a new location and new life situations would be that we would have new subjects to complain and bitch about and try to force everyone to see things our right way, not their wrong way. One thing I have learned is we all see things differently based on where we stand and have stood, examples being poliitcs, sex, religion, money, sports and food plus a lot of other dumb things some wrong headed people may stupidly consider to be more important.Big Grin

eric, for me I could quote what you just said word for word. We all do see things different, based on our individual personas. The problem I have is when SOME have to create what did not occur in the show. To create a argument on dialogue or scenes which were created in a contributor's mind is a falsehood, not an opinion.

The old argument of we all have justified opinions based on how we see things is not my issue. My issue comes into play when someone makes up shitz to justify the opinion based on what they create in their minds instead of what we all saw on the screen. Created dialogue is not an opinion. it is a lie or just plain BS.

(02-06-2019, 02:30 PM)N_grimm Wrote:
(02-05-2019, 03:12 AM)syscrash Wrote: It says the protagonist will be female. I see that meaning the new show will be either Trubel or Diana's story. I would like it to be Trubel. With Diana you have the Kelly issue. Do you have one without the other. But with Diana and Kelly it is open to give them what ever powers the writers want. Especial with Kelly being half hexebiest and half Grimm. But they could also do the same with Trubel since she was never given and origin story.

How can a show about a female Grimm have Diana as the main character? Diana is 3/4 Hexenbiest and 1/4 human (unless they make up a storyline where Nick miraculously turn out to be the father). Besides, it is likely that the storyline will not take place long into the future. Kelly and Diana would require that Nick and Adalind showed up quite often. When Kelly is a young adult, they will be in their mid 50's. If they use known characters, they will probably be roughly the same age as the actors.

Careful "N". Don't forget, you are dealing here with someone whom has the insight gift of "writers intent' even before the spin-off series has been written yet.

RE: David Giuntoli Is So Ready for the Grimm Spin-Off - brandon - 02-08-2019

I also hope that it was about the life of Trubel in another state.

RE: David Giuntoli Is So Ready for the Grimm Spin-Off - syscrash - 02-09-2019

N-Grimm said how can the spin off be about Diana because she is not a Grimm. I said it was only stated the spin off would have a female protagonist. It never said the show would be about Grimms. Most spin off change the focus of what the show is about. For the new show to be about Grimms it would need to be a continuation or a remake. That is not writers intent, that is how shows are done. By definition a spin off is where they take and aspect of a show and make a new show. If they said the new show would be based on Grimm. Then they could introduce all new character, and still bring in the original characters. An example of this would be the Marvel and DC shows. The writers created an environment and wrote new shows around this universe. Another example where they have blurred is Riverdale and Adventures of Sabrina. It is neither a spin off or based on the other. But is written to allow for the ability to do cross overs. I am thinking the new show will follow this model. this means, no Trubel or Diana.

RE: David Giuntoli Is So Ready for the Grimm Spin-Off - N_grimm - 02-09-2019

(02-09-2019, 05:52 AM)syscrash Wrote: N-Grimm said how can the spin off be about Diana because she is not a Grimm. I said it was only stated the spin off would have a female protagonist. It never said the show would be about Grimms. Most spin off change the focus of what the show is about. For the new show to be about Grimms it would need to be a continuation or a remake. That is not writers intent, that is how shows are done. By definition a spin off is where they take and aspect of a show and make a new show. If they said the new show would be based on Grimm. Then they could introduce all new character, and still bring in the original characters. An example of this would be the Marvel and DC shows. The writers created an environment and wrote new shows around this universe. Another example where they have blurred is Riverdale and Adventures of Sabrina. It is neither a spin off or based on the other. But is written to allow for the ability to do cross overs. I am thinking the new show will follow this model. this means, no Trubel or Diana.

These articles focus on David Giuntoli’s reaction and willingness to do quest appearances. When the spin-off plans became known, most of the reports said the show “will center on a female Grimm”.

RE: David Giuntoli Is So Ready for the Grimm Spin-Off - eric - 02-09-2019

(02-09-2019, 05:52 AM)syscrash Wrote: N-Grimm said how can the spin off be about Diana because she is not a Grimm. I said it was only stated the spin off would have a female protagonist. It never said the show would be about Grimms. Most spin off change the focus of what the show is about. For the new show to be about Grimms it would need to be a continuation or a remake. That is not writers intent, that is how shows are done. By definition a spin off is where they take and aspect of a show and make a new show. If they said the new show would be based on Grimm. Then they could introduce all new character, and still bring in the original characters. An example of this would be the Marvel and DC shows. The writers created an environment and wrote new shows around this universe. Another example where they have blurred is Riverdale and Adventures of Sabrina. It is neither a spin off or based on the other. But is written to allow for the ability to do cross overs. I am thinking the new show will follow this model. this means, no Trubel or Diana.
A good example of a successful spinoff would be Frazier. They took a second tier character-Frazier, sent him to another town, made the show about him and his family. I do not remember any of the Cheers crowd showing up. The Grimm could a cousin of Nick or Truble, or a cousin of Josh's who he found out was a Grimm, or a large combination of other possibilities. The magic of telling a story is you are not bound by other people's ideas.

RE: David Giuntoli Is So Ready for the Grimm Spin-Off - dicappatore - 02-09-2019

As much as I hate to repeat myself, but I could not resist. Again, my last statements is still appropriate and on point.

Don't forget, whom you are dealing with. This is someone whom has the insight gift of "writers intent' even before the spin-off series has yet, been conceived or written, as far as anyone's guess.

RE: David Giuntoli Is So Ready for the Grimm Spin-Off - irukandji - 02-09-2019

(02-03-2019, 12:32 AM)WispyWillow Wrote: https://www.tvguide.com/news/david-giuntoli-grimm-spin-off-guest-star/

How Grimm's David Giuntoli Feels About NBC's Upcoming Spinoff
https://www.cinemablend.com/television/2460568/how-grimms-david-giuntoli-feels-about-nbcs-upcoming-spinoff

Wispy, I am curious if you have come across any more articles regarding a potential spinoff. The last articles I came across were written in October and November. I am assuming this is something that was planned for the 2019-2020 season?