Grimm Forum
David Giuntoli Is So Ready for the Grimm Spin-Off - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Television Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Television-Forum)
+--- Forum: TV News (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-TV-News)
+--- Thread: David Giuntoli Is So Ready for the Grimm Spin-Off (/Thread-David-Giuntoli-Is-So-Ready-for-the-Grimm-Spin-Off)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

David Giuntoli Is So Ready for the Grimm Spin-Off - WispyWillow - 02-03-2019

https://www.tvguide.com/news/david-giuntoli-grimm-spin-off-guest-star/

How Grimm's David Giuntoli Feels About NBC's Upcoming Spinoff
https://www.cinemablend.com/television/2460568/how-grimms-david-giuntoli-feels-about-nbcs-upcoming-spinoff

RE: David Giuntoli Is So Ready for the Grimm Spin-Off - eric - 02-03-2019

I hope it comes soon. Spin offs have a so-so record of success, but I would be willing to watch to see if it can take off. Not to sound too crass, but I am sure most of the regulars on the old show would be happy for the additional income--not sure how much money they made, how much was spent, and what new work they have found. At least two have gotten new gigs, I not sure about the others.

RE: David Giuntoli Is So Ready for the Grimm Spin-Off - wfmyers1207 - 02-04-2019

I have my hopes up that this may happen soon. DG is on "a Million Little Things" now. The ratings are looking OK, so the show will probably be renewed for S2. But, he could still make a guest appearance or two.

I would still like to see JT come back in the spin off, but if not her, then what do you folks think of Carmen Bicondova from "Gotham" as a young Grimm? Now that that show has ended it's run. Dodgy

RE: David Giuntoli Is So Ready for the Grimm Spin-Off - FaceInTheCrowd - 02-04-2019

My preference would be for everyone in the cast who hasn't already been associated with the previous series to be more or less unknown. That way we can avoid having a bunch of comments from people who have trouble "accepting" a performer they have preconceived perceptions of from previous roles in their new ones.

I won't have this issue myself, though; I watch so little TV that virtually everyone they could cast will probably be unknown to me.

RE: David Giuntoli Is So Ready for the Grimm Spin-Off - dicappatore - 02-04-2019

(02-04-2019, 12:14 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: My preference would be for everyone in the cast who hasn't already been associated with the previous series to be more or less unknown. That way we can avoid having a bunch of comments from people who have trouble "accepting" a performer they have preconceived perceptions of from previous roles in their new ones.

I won't have this issue myself, though; I watch so little TV that virtually everyone they could cast will probably be unknown to me.

Do you actually believe having new actors playing new character is going to change some of the preposterous opinionated claims and interpretations to be any different on this forum as they have in the past? I hope so.

RE: David Giuntoli Is So Ready for the Grimm Spin-Off - syscrash - 02-05-2019

I think the point being made with using the old characters. Open the new show to the same arguments about those characters. Say they have Nick without Adalind. That creates all kind of arguments with people sighting the finale to prove they are suppose to be together. Other will argue the finale left it ambiguous. The other problem with using the original characters. Is anything they do will be viewed in how they handled things in the original series. The idea that they changed with aged would not fly with a lot of people. Good example is Juliette to Eve. People do not except changes in characters.

So the writers have more flexibility. I see the original characters referenced but not part of the story. If they do make a cameo they will not reference any of the past issues. The new show will not reference any old issues. A good example is Hope on Legacy. The character has a long back story, but it is alluded to but never addressed in Legacy.

It says the protagonist will be female. I see that meaning the new show will be either Trubel or Diana's story. I would like it to be Trubel. With Diana you have the Kelly issue. Do you have one without the other. But with Diana and Kelly it is open to give them what ever powers the writers want. Especial with Kelly being half hexebiest and half Grimm. But they could also do the same with Trubel since she was never given and origin story.

RE: David Giuntoli Is So Ready for the Grimm Spin-Off - eric - 02-05-2019

The new show could be shot in a near by town, close enough to explain visits from Portland Grimm without having them showing up on a regular basis. I have never been to N.Cali to Seattle but am sure there are lots lush moody places there. Or for a change of scenery, Josh could have turned Grimm and the series set in Philly-I think he was from there. New Orleans-lots of monsters hiding out there right now, lots of swamp and marsh to bury bodies without attracting suspicion.Big Grin

RE: David Giuntoli Is So Ready for the Grimm Spin-Off - wfmyers1207 - 02-05-2019

(02-05-2019, 09:07 AM)eric Wrote: The new show could be shot in a near by town, close enough to explain visits from Portland Grimm without having them showing up on a regular basis. I have never been to N.Cali to Seattle but am sure there are lots lush moody places there. Or for a change of scenery, Josh could have turned Grimm and the series set in Philly-I think he was from there. New Orleans-lots of monsters hiding out there right now, lots of swamp and marsh to bury bodies without attracting suspicion.Big Grin

Seattle would be a good choice. So would NOLA. Been to both of them and both places are very "atmospheric" in their own way.

RE: David Giuntoli Is So Ready for the Grimm Spin-Off - dicappatore - 02-05-2019

(02-05-2019, 03:12 AM)syscrash Wrote: So the writers have more flexibility. I see the original characters referenced but not part of the story. If they do make a cameo they will not reference any of the past issues. The new show will not reference any old issues. A good example is Hope on Legacy. The character has a long back story, but it is alluded to but never addressed in Legacy.

I already see all the possibility of you, ingratiating us with your "writer's intent" wisdom to continue the fake arguments you been plastering this forum as you have done in the past.

RE: David Giuntoli Is So Ready for the Grimm Spin-Off - syscrash - 02-05-2019

Quote:I already see all the possibility of you, ingratiating us with your "writer's intent" wisdom to continue the fake arguments you been plastering this forum as you have done in the past.
Actually I was covering why the spin off could create story lines for the original characters different then what you insist they turn out to be. Contrary to your belief the future of Nick, Adalind, Sean, Eve are written to be ambiguous. But even if they weren't the spin off could still diverge from what the original series stated.

Example that i used was the character Hope on Legacy. She was born on the show Originals. Her father is a vampire her mother is a werewolf her grandmother is a which. Hope is all three. Sort of like Kelly. And like the speculations about Kelly, there where many speculations about Hope. Even though Legacy is a time jump from the Originals. We have yet to see if the speculation of how being all three would interact are true. We are seven episode in and the show seems to not want to define the rules. I see the Grimm spin off doing the same, if the spin off is about Diana and Kelly.