Grimm Forum
griimm interviews 2016 san Diego comic con - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: griimm interviews 2016 san Diego comic con (/Thread-griimm-interviews-2016-san-Diego-comic-con)

Pages: 1 2

griimm interviews 2016 san Diego comic con - Henry of green - 01-10-2019

https://thefairytalesite.net/2016/09/interview-grimms-claire-coffee-talks-hexenkids-and-nadalind/

https://thefairytalesite.net/2016/09/interview-grimms-lee-roiz-and-mitchell-triple-team/

RE: griimm interviews 2016 san Diego comic con - syscrash - 01-10-2019

you do understand when doing interviews the actors are responding from their characters point of view. They never comment on the story. Only the writers comment on the story.

RE: griimm interviews 2016 san Diego comic con - Henry of green - 01-10-2019

(01-10-2019, 07:10 AM)syscrash Wrote: you do understand when doing interviews the actors are responding from their characters point of view. They never comment on the story. Only the writers comment on the story.

Yes they do, but they also respond to what the writers have told them about thier character and give hints about parts of their storyline, also I am sure they know thier own character and thier motivations better than a poster on a fan forum.

RE: griimm interviews 2016 san Diego comic con - syscrash - 01-10-2019

the actors never talk about the story. They are bound to not release anything about what is going to happen. They can not even give away anything about their character that could indicate what is going to happen.
When talking about previous episodes. They only talk about what and why they or some other character did something. What they never talk about is why something was written the why it was. They never talk about what something meant. The absolutely never try and clarify or interpret the writers message or reasoning.
There is an exception, and that is when an actor is an executive director, or director. Take the episode that David directed. In interviews we got a lot of information dealing with his creative thoughts that went into that episode. But even then it was from what he was directing and not the overall view of the show. Though he talked about the message of the episode. He refrained from talking about the message of the show.

WE will get a lot of insight about what a lot of these things we debate where meant to show, later when a reunion is done. We saw this in the shows Buffy, Angel, charmed and so on. The writers dumped a lot of information about what they where think. Why they did something. Why characters where changed. But this kind of information is never released while a show is active.

RE: griimm interviews 2016 san Diego comic con - Henry of green - 01-10-2019

(01-10-2019, 08:53 PM)syscrash Wrote: the actors never talk about the story. They are bound to not release anything about what is going to happen. They can not even give away anything about their character that could indicate what is going to happen.
When talking about previous episodes. They only talk about what and why they or some other character did something. What they never talk about is why something was written the why it was. They never talk about what something meant. The absolutely never try and clarify or interpret the writers message or reasoning.
There is an exception, and that is when an actor is an executive director, or director. Take the episode that David directed. In interviews we got a lot of information dealing with his creative thoughts that went into that episode. But even then it was from what he was directing and not the overall view of the show. Though he talked about the message of the episode. He refrained from talking about the message of the show.

WE will get a lot of insight about what a lot of these things we debate where meant to show, later when a reunion is done. We saw this in the shows Buffy, Angel, charmed and so on. The writers dumped a lot of information about what they where think. Why they did something. Why characters where changed. But this kind of information is never released while a show is active.

That’s not entirely true, Actors talk about characters movtivations and are honest about them , for Example Claire talks about how Adalind really really wants to leave the mansion, about how she still Loves Nicks and was against the captain and all this was shown onscreen in first few episodes. She talks about how Adalind has her humanity know and wants to use her powers for good how she’s not the same Hexenbiests, all this is back up by script from early season 6.

RE: griimm interviews 2016 san Diego comic con - dicappatore - 01-11-2019

(01-10-2019, 08:53 PM)syscrash Wrote: the actors never talk about the story. They are bound to not release anything about what is going to happen. They can not even give away anything about their character that could indicate what is going to happen.

So, according to you, these actors portraying these characters with what they are given about the background of the characters they play, know less about them than you do?

Yea I do remember reading books and my teachers/professors asking me to analyze what was the message the author was trying to convey to its readers. And as usual, there were many opinions about what we read thrown back to those instructors. In those situations, a sure way to fail the class id to create situations that existed in our mind to base the analysis.

This is where you cross the line. I don't know how else to explain what you do. What you do is base your opinionated outcomes on your opinions instead of what you saw. Instead of the facts. In case of a book, what you read.

Look, I know I might throw the word "delusional" around a bit but if the word "delusional" was ever created for a reason, your assertion of this calamity is why it was created.

RE: griimm interviews 2016 san Diego comic con - syscrash - 01-11-2019

This is what is said
"you do understand when doing interviews the actors are responding from their characters point of view. " So yes when actors talk they talk about their characters. They talk about how they got into a frame of mind to play a part. Yes they talk about what in the show provided them the reasoning and motivation to take the character in a new direction. But that still does not change that they do not talk about or comment on the story. You never heard any of them take a position, if BC was good or bad. They may talk about a character being afraid of BC. You never heard Clair say if Adalind was good or bad. You never heard any of them say is Juliette or Eve good or bad. They do not past Judgment. They may say they do bad things. There is a difference.

As in the post above a comparison was made between my post and a book report. "analyze what was the message the author was trying to convey to its readers. ". In my post there is no interpretation of the writers message. There is a difference in the message being projected and the intent for a given scene. In other post I have done analyses on things like the plight of BC as compared to that of minorities. That is speculation. Pointing out when something is shown and when it is not, is not speculation. You do not see me creating conclusion as to why something is written a certain way, unless there is some technically reason like a certain actor leaving the show. Then i may speculate that is why a scene was writing a certain way.

There is a reason why actors a limited to what they can talk about. How they portray a character is theirs. The actor develops it with the writer and directors consent. The story itself is covered under intellectual property making it off limits to distribute. And actor talking about the story would be distributing the story. There are certain character that also fall under intellectual property. Take Gal Gadot she has done many interview about wonder women. She talks about what is was like playing the character. She has repeated the marketing definition of the character. What you will never hear is opinion about the character, or what she thinks the character would do. The developers want to maintain complete control how the character is perceived so in those cases the actor does not have the luxury to define the character like Bitsie did when describing Eve.

It is these limitations that exist is why I say. Drawing an inference from what actors say in interviews may or may not be what the writers are going for. The only thing you can be sure, it is what they say is writer approved. That being said writers and director are known to mislead. Season 6 of Grimm is a good example. How many of the ideas that came from the pre season interviews actually happened. Take Clair statement about how Eve was going to throw a wrench into Nick and Adalinds relationship. (It's in the video in the first post). In the show Adalind thought Eve was going to be a problem.But we know Eve was not even interested in being with Nick. We know that from the story point of view there was never even the slightest chance of their being a love triangle.

RE: griimm interviews 2016 san Diego comic con - Henry of green - 01-11-2019

(01-11-2019, 02:17 AM)syscrash Wrote: This is what is said
"you do understand when doing interviews the actors are responding from their characters point of view. " So yes when actors talk they talk about their characters. They talk about how they got into a frame of mind to play a part. Yes they talk about what in the show provided them the reasoning and motivation to take the character in a new direction. But that still does not change that they do not talk about or comment on the story. You never heard any of them take a position, if BC was good or bad. They may talk about a character being afraid of BC. You never heard Clair say if Adalind was good or bad. You never heard any of them say is Juliette or Eve good or bad. They do not past Judgment. They may say they do bad things. There is a difference.

As in the post above a comparison was made between my post and a book report. "analyze what was the message the author was trying to convey to its readers. ". In my post there is no interpretation of the writers message. There is a difference in the message being projected and the intent for a given scene. In other post I have done analyses on things like the plight of BC as compared to that of minorities. That is speculation. Pointing out when something is shown and when it is not, is not speculation. You do not see me creating conclusion as to why something is written a certain way, unless there is some technically reason like a certain actor leaving the show. Then i may speculate that is why a scene was writing a certain way.

There is a reason why actors a limited to what they can talk about. How they portray a character is theirs. The actor develops it with the writer and directors consent. The story itself is covered under intellectual property making it off limits to distribute. And actor talking about the story would be distributing the story. There are certain character that also fall under intellectual property. Take Gal Gadot she has done many interview about wonder women. She talks about what is was like playing the character. She has repeated the marketing definition of the character. What you will never hear is opinion about the character, or what she thinks the character would do. The developers want to maintain complete control how the character is perceived so in those cases the actor does not have the luxury to define the character like Bitsie did when describing Eve.

It is these limitations that exist is why I say. Drawing an inference from what actors say in interviews may or may not be what the writers are going for. The only thing you can be sure, it is what they say is writer approved. That being said writers and director are known to mislead. Season 6 of Grimm is a good example. How many of the ideas that came from the pre season interviews actually happened. Take Clair statement about how Eve was going to throw a wrench into Nick and Adalinds relationship. (It's in the video in the first post). In the show Adalind thought Eve was going to be a problem.But we know Eve was not even interested in being with Nick. We know that from the story point of view there was never even the slightest chance of their being a love triangle.

Yes off course the actor is telling you from the characters point of view we all know that no one is stating any different, What you’ve stated above leaves out massive parts of the interview that contradicts with most of your previous statements about Adalind , Clarie said, Adalnd would be using her powers for good not evil this time and she absolutely still loves Nick and really really wants to get out of the BC house and is completely against the captain, she also said Adalind has gone through Metamorphosis and no longer has two sides so much she has been able to maintain her humanity despite her powers being back that totally goes against what you’ve been claiming with your writers intent.

Also parade interviews also contradict your claims about Adalind.

Parade- Adalind had been wishing that she wasn’t a Hexenbiest, so she could be with Nick, but now that Black Claw has her daughter, does she feel that maybe she needs to be a Hexenbiest to protect Diana?

Coffee- I don’t think there’s that. I think she realizes that Black Claw is far more powerful than anything she could do on her own as a Hexenbiest. But the outlook, to her, is also bleak because in order to protect her daughter, she has to fall in with Black Claw, which she doesn’t want to be doing.

Parade-Nick and Adalind have quite the history. What would you like to see happen for them?

I try not to think, “Oh, what would I like to see?’ because it’s so different for me as an actress vs. for Adalind. I think what Adalind would like is to be back with Nick, be happy, and be able to establish a family with him. I think Adalind firmly believes that Nick and company are on the right side, and she wants to be, too. She doesn’t want to go back to her evil roots, and she doesn’t want to be working with Black Claw. So she’d like to be back with them, and so at this point, it’s just figuring out a way to get back there.

Coffee even states here she doesn’t have an opinion but what Adalind would like is to be back with Nick and establish a family and she believes him and the gang are on the rigth side

Parade- What’s really interesting is we didn’t like Adalind in Season 1, but now we’re rooting for her.

My character’s had such a journey. She had powers, lost powers, gained powers, lost powers. And now she has the powers, doesn’t want what the powers bring along with them, but is using her powers for good.

RE: griimm interviews 2016 san Diego comic con - syscrash - 01-11-2019

Isn't that what is said. The actors do not voice their opinion on the show. They express how they see the characters point of view.
But i am losing your point. There has never been a disagreement about the reason she gives for what she did, what she wanted, even how she felt. I am arguing why. Why did the the writers write all of her actions to include deception.
Conrad came to the office and threatened her.
Twice she meet Sean each time he pressured her
Her powers came back.
None of which she told Nick when they happened.
She then left telling Nick afterwards.
Yes the show provided a reason for each. But that does not answer why the writers choose to have all of her actions include deception.
Even the good things she did.
Set up kenneth
the trust me knot
Nick becoming Sean.
The point is the writers have her help but the help involves deception.

If the writer has all her actions include deception, wouldn't that indicate the writers intent is to show Adalind still thinks and acts in her manipulative ways.
We can argue has she changed or how has she changed.
But the way the writers write how she does things. It is hard to see how the writers are not saying she is still a hexenbiest and thinks like a hexenbiest. Even if she has changed her wants and desires.

From there is how I get to why would her actions with Nick not also include deception. That is not to say she is being malicious. It does mean she is actively controlling the situation. How do hexenbiest control a situation, seduction. Something that is shown as being the nature of a hexenbiest.

Now if you have another reason why the writers add deception to her actions please let me know.

RE: griimm interviews 2016 san Diego comic con - brandon - 01-11-2019

I would say that she lost part of her and it was a blow to her pride.
Then suffered another loss that consider the most important at that moment: his daughter.this was what made her change