Grimm Forum
"Good Intentions" in Grimm - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: "Good Intentions" in Grimm (/Thread-Good-Intentions-in-Grimm)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

RE: "Good Intentions" in Grimm - FaceInTheCrowd - 04-23-2019

In S01, Renard tried to kill Aunt Marie and Hank as he attempted to isolate Nick in hopes of controlling him. He backed away from that in S02 as he attempted to win Nick over as an ally. Maybe he didn't become less of a villain, but be certainly tried to act less like one.

RE: "Good Intentions" in Grimm - irukandji - 04-23-2019

(04-23-2019, 10:56 AM)N_grimm Wrote:
(04-23-2019, 10:26 AM)irukandji Wrote: I wouldn't say he was de-villainized until season six when the silly ghost of Meisner appeared. While he wasn't as evil as the fight episode, he still did his share of bad things. He couldn't have dirty cops continuing to work for him without being bad.

Dirty cops? I hope you are referring to people like Lieutenant Grossante.

You hope? Actually I'm referring to all of the cops who report to Renard.

RE: "Good Intentions" in Grimm - N_grimm - 04-23-2019

(04-23-2019, 01:34 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(04-23-2019, 10:56 AM)N_grimm Wrote:
(04-23-2019, 10:26 AM)irukandji Wrote: I wouldn't say he was de-villainized until season six when the silly ghost of Meisner appeared. While he wasn't as evil as the fight episode, he still did his share of bad things. He couldn't have dirty cops continuing to work for him without being bad.

Dirty cops? I hope you are referring to people like Lieutenant Grossante.

You hope? Actually I'm referring to all of the cops who report to Renard.

We do not know very much about most of the cops working at The South Precinct. I assume most of them were normal people who had no clue what was going on or who Renard really was.

Just to be clear: That was an ironic question. I’m not hoping anything. You have a history on this forum claiming that the good guys was corrupt. I’m used to having to argue that Nick, the hero of the show and my favorite character, was the opposite of dirty.

RE: "Good Intentions" in Grimm - irukandji - 04-23-2019

(04-23-2019, 03:49 PM)N_grimm Wrote: We do not know very much about most of the cops working at The South Precinct. I assume most of them were normal people who had no clue what was going on or who Renard really was.

Just to be clear: That was an ironic question. I’m not hoping anything. You have a history on this forum claiming that the good guys was corrupt. I’m used to having to argue that Nick, the hero of the show and my favorite character, was the opposite of dirty.

I know you were being ironic. I was as well. I figured you'd know that by now.

I don't believe all of the other cops were innocents who were unaware of what was going on. As for Nick, while I have commented on his corrupt nature while an LEO, I also can't call him good because he was content to condone Renard's actions. In other words, he stood by while his boss was involved in many illegal doings. Nick was aware of some of those activities.

There are many arguments of the characters' guilt by association, and as you know, they have been heated arguments. Nick is just as guilty by association with Renard.