Grimm Forum
"Good Intentions" in Grimm - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: "Good Intentions" in Grimm (/Thread-Good-Intentions-in-Grimm)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

RE: "Good Intentions" in Grimm - FaceInTheCrowd - 04-10-2019

Renard made arrangements through Tavitian for someone to get Adalind and her baby out of Europe. At that point, Renard didn't seem to have any particular feeling for either Adalind or the baby, so the most likely reason he did it was just to keep the baby out of the royals' hands, and Tavitian's motives were probably similar. Did Renard have any clue that Nick's grimm mom was going to be the person Tavitian would send? Probably not (at this point Renard had yet to meet Kelly). Did Tavitian have any clue that the grimm he sent (who had never met Adalind and didn't even know her name) had a son who had a prior history with the woman Renard wanted him to get out of Europe? Probably not. Just a chain of absurdly unlikely coincidences.

Hence the title, Synchronicity.

RE: "Good Intentions" in Grimm - irukandji - 04-11-2019

(04-10-2019, 05:31 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: Renard made arrangements through Tavitian for someone to get Adalind and her baby out of Europe. At that point, Renard didn't seem to have any particular feeling for either Adalind or the baby, so the most likely reason he did it was just to keep the baby out of the royals' hands, and Tavitian's motives were probably similar. Did Renard have any clue that Nick's grimm mom was going to be the person Tavitian would send? Probably not (at this point Renard had yet to meet Kelly). Did Tavitian have any clue that the grimm he sent (who had never met Adalind and didn't even know her name) had a son who had a prior history with the woman Renard wanted him to get out of Europe? Probably not. Just a chain of absurdly unlikely coincidences.

So what'd Renard and Tavitian do? Thumb through the Sears catalog of grimms and pick out Kelly? I wonder if they sent her an email.

RE: "Good Intentions" in Grimm - dicappatore - 04-11-2019

(04-10-2019, 05:31 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: Renard made arrangements through Tavitian for someone to get Adalind and her baby out of Europe. At that point, Renard didn't seem to have any particular feeling for either Adalind or the baby, so the most likely reason he did it was just to keep the baby out of the royals' hands, and Tavitian's motives were probably similar. Did Renard have any clue that Nick's grimm mom was going to be the person Tavitian would send? Probably not (at this point Renard had yet to meet Kelly). Did Tavitian have any clue that the grimm he sent (who had never met Adalind and didn't even know her name) had a son who had a prior history with the woman Renard wanted him to get out of Europe? Probably not. Just a chain of absurdly unlikely coincidences.

Synchronicity? Wow, that would have been great title for the episode when all this came to a head. SHOOT! I think there was an episode S3, E17 named Synchronicity. WOW, could this be more Synchronicity?

I guess "SOME" viewers must have been doing housework and listening to the episode's musical score instead of watching the episode.

(04-11-2019, 04:11 AM)irukandji Wrote:

So what'd Renard and Tavitian do? Thumb through the Sears catalog of grimms and pick out Kelly? I wonder if they sent her an email.

Sean Renard and Tavitian were fictional character. The creative team (cough) were the ones thumbing through the K-Mart catalogue, Sears has gone bye bye.

RE: "Good Intentions" in Grimm - brandon - 04-12-2019

I do not think they will use a computer to avoid more danger of being found

RE: "Good Intentions" in Grimm - FaceInTheCrowd - 04-12-2019

(04-11-2019, 04:11 AM)irukandji Wrote: So what'd Renard and Tavitian do? Thumb through the Sears catalog of grimms and pick out Kelly? I wonder if they sent her an email.

It was Tavitian who hired Kelly, Renard had no idea who was going to be sent. And we know that Kelly used email. Probably had multiple accounts, changed them a lot and made connections from random locations as she traveled.

RE: "Good Intentions" in Grimm - eric - 04-12-2019

(04-11-2019, 04:11 AM)irukandji Wrote:

The world of Grimm is a shadow world. Murky characters abound in this world. The trolls in Leave it to Beavers were able to contact the Reapers because one of their grandfathers had worked as a Reaper and still knew how to contact them. Rosalee knew how to contact the Council because of family connections. A scary grimm would be known to a lot of groups. When Nick retired from the force he might be contacted to help with difficult wessen-Bud's group would spread Nick's fame far and wide. Kelly did not work for free, working for groups like the Resistance was probably a good part time job.

RE: "Good Intentions" in Grimm - FaceInTheCrowd - 04-12-2019

The other thing about the shadow world is that nobody tells anybody everything about themselves. Tavitian hired Kelly to get a pregnant Adalind out of Europe. Did he know that Kelly was a grimm, or just that she was a seriously badass "contractor?" After all, this was not that long after Renard had said "I have a grimm" as part of his pitch to join the resistance, and we never heard any of them say, "we've already got one."

RE: "Good Intentions" in Grimm - brandon - 04-12-2019

I would say that Kelly was never in the service of anyone, she worked on her own.
Maybe kelly knew someone who put her in contact with a member of the resistance.
adalind's flight was much later.
Maybe they would not even know it was
" GRIMM".Your references would be to be a "murderer".

RE: "Good Intentions" in Grimm - irukandji - 04-14-2019

(04-12-2019, 02:10 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: The other thing about the shadow world is that nobody tells anybody everything about themselves. Tavitian hired Kelly to get a pregnant Adalind out of Europe. Did he know that Kelly was a grimm, or just that she was a seriously badass "contractor?" After all, this was not that long after Renard had said "I have a grimm" as part of his pitch to join the resistance, and we never heard any of them say, "we've already got one."

I don't think Kelly would hide something as important as being a grimm. She's already got some strikes against her when Adalind needed to flee. For one, at least according to her, she's a relative unknown. This would seem to make sense because while Monroe knew of Marie, he knew nothing of Kelly. Second, she's over 50 years old. So while she's in great shape and looks cool in all that leather, she's still old. So a 50+ year old assassin has to have a hole card to put her above the rest in doing the job.

(04-12-2019, 03:04 PM)brandon Wrote: I would say that Kelly was never in the service of anyone, she worked on her own.
Maybe kelly knew someone who put her in contact with a member of the resistance.
adalind's flight was much later. Maybe they would not even know it was
" GRIMM".Your references would be to be a "murderer".

It would seem that Kelly worked alone, but the issue I see with this is that she's given much more credit for being resourceful than we ever see in the series. Grimms were never portrayed as clever or extremely intelligent beings. I see them as more of a brute force than anything else. So for a grimm to be able to put herself out on the circuit *and* immediately get takers just seems a little too contrived for me.

RE: "Good Intentions" in Grimm - brandon - 04-16-2019

I do not think she showed it was a "GRIMM", would try to go unnoticed and then also with a creature