Grimm Forum
‘Daredevil’ Canceled By Netflix After 3 Seasons; Future In Other Marvel Projects - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Television Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Television-Forum)
+--- Forum: TV News (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-TV-News)
+--- Thread: ‘Daredevil’ Canceled By Netflix After 3 Seasons; Future In Other Marvel Projects (/Thread-%E2%80%98Daredevil%E2%80%99-Canceled-By-Netflix-After-3-Seasons-Future-In-Other-Marvel-Projects)

‘Daredevil’ Canceled By Netflix After 3 Seasons; Future In Other Marvel Projects - WispyWillow - 11-29-2018

https://deadline.com/2018/11/daredevil-canceled-netflix-3-seasons-1202511521/

RE: ‘Daredevil’ Canceled By Netflix After 3 Seasons; Future In Other Marvel Projects - Hell Rell - 11-30-2018

I really want to see DD make cameos in the films. I think he'd be great in a Spidey film despite the difference in tone between the two. I think that would make it more interesting. Let him make an appearance in AoS as well.

RE: ‘Daredevil’ Canceled By Netflix After 3 Seasons; Future In Other Marvel Projects - dicappatore - 11-30-2018

(11-30-2018, 10:19 AM)Hell Rell Wrote: I really want to see DD make cameos in the films. I think he'd be great in a Spidey film despite the difference in tone between the two. I think that would make it more interesting. Let him make an appearance in AoS as well.

Personally, characters like Daredevil and Mack from SHIELDS, the Iron Fist guy and even Luke Cage and a few others. Once they get higher than holly and refuse to preempt to kick ass before the shitz hits the fan.

Once they become reactive instead of proactive, it turns me off. Daredevil has become one, at least in the last season I saw.

On the other hand, Agent May (The Cavalry) and Jessica Jones attitude appeal more to my video fantasy escape.

RE: ‘Daredevil’ Canceled By Netflix After 3 Seasons; Future In Other Marvel Projects - Hell Rell - 11-30-2018

(11-30-2018, 08:07 PM)dicappatore Wrote:
(11-30-2018, 10:19 AM)Hell Rell Wrote: I really want to see DD make cameos in the films. I think he'd be great in a Spidey film despite the difference in tone between the two. I think that would make it more interesting. Let him make an appearance in AoS as well.

Personally, characters like Daredevil and Mack from SHIELDS, the Iron Fist guy and even Luke Cage and a few others. Once they get higher than holly and refuse to preempt to kick ass before the shitz hits the fan.

Once they become reactive instead of proactive, it turns me off. Daredevil has become one, at least in the last season I saw.

On the other hand, Agent May (The Cavalry) and Jessica Jones attitude appeal more to my video fantasy escape.

Mack really can annoy me from time to time. More than another character on the show. It isn't even a case of me wanting to see more action. It's a case of things will clearly be much worse if you don't do what needs to be done and nobody in their right mind will blame you for it. He's a still a good character because he's consistent and well-written so it's a different kind of annoying than being annoyed at the writers.

For example, the most frustrating thing he ever did was refuse to leave the Framework but that still made sense because he didn't want to lose his daughter, Hope, all over again. It didn't matter to him that she wasn't real because she felt real.

If Daredevil frustrates you, I assume that you like Stick since he is most definitely a proactive character.

Jessica Jones is an awesome character. Season 2 was a step down from season1 but she remained awesome. Malcolm and Trish are the ones that I thought suffered a bit but I get what the writers were going for there. I'm almost certain that JJ will be the next one to be cancelled so I hope season 3 has a satisfying conclusion.

RE: ‘Daredevil’ Canceled By Netflix After 3 Seasons; Future In Other Marvel Projects - dicappatore - 12-02-2018

(11-30-2018, 10:04 PM)Hell Rell Wrote:
(11-30-2018, 08:07 PM)dicappatore Wrote:

Mack really can annoy me from time to time. More than another character on the show. It isn't even a case of me wanting to see more action. It's a case of things will clearly be much worse if you don't do what needs to be done and nobody in their right mind will blame you for it. He's a still a good character because he's consistent and well-written so it's a different kind of annoying than being annoyed at the writers.

For example, the most frustrating thing he ever did was refuse to leave the Framework but that still made sense because he didn't want to lose his daughter, Hope, all over again. It didn't matter to him that she wasn't real because she felt real.

If Daredevil frustrates you, I assume that you like Stick since he is most definitely a proactive character.

Jessica Jones is an awesome character. Season 2 was a step down from season1 but she remained awesome. Malcolm and Trish are the ones that I thought suffered a bit but I get what the writers were going for there. I'm almost certain that JJ will be the next one to be cancelled so I hope season 3 has a satisfying conclusion.

Stick and Elektra too. How did you like, if you saw them as The Defenders, all teamed up? JJ, Luke and DD? Oops lest not forget Iron Fist and all their side kicks.

RE: ‘Daredevil’ Canceled By Netflix After 3 Seasons; Future In Other Marvel Projects - Hell Rell - 12-02-2018

(12-02-2018, 05:13 PM)dicappatore Wrote: Stick and Elektra too. How did you like, if you saw them as The Defenders, all teamed up? JJ, Luke and DD? Oops lest not forget Iron Fist and all their side kicks.

It's a shame that The Defenders pretty much centered around Iron Fist. I think he is one of the biggest reasons the shows declined in popularity. It's almost like he ruined the brand.

The rest were pretty good. It wasn't epic or anything but I liked their interactions. JJ was hilarious and very much needed since the rest can be pretty dry. Her holding up the elevator the way she did was the only time I thought they showed off just how much stronger than Luke she actually is.

I also really liked Colleen and thought of her as the fifth or honorary defender. She's a great character and Misty is pretty good as well.

As for everyone else, the only ones that really stood out to me were Stick, Elektra, and Madame Gao. I had no idea why Gao was taking orders from Alexandra. She gave off more of an aura of authority than the rest of the Five Fingers. It also didn't help that DD was able to fight two of them simultaneously.

RE: ‘Daredevil’ Canceled By Netflix After 3 Seasons; Future In Other Marvel Projects - dicappatore - 12-02-2018

(12-02-2018, 07:10 PM)Hell Rell Wrote:
(12-02-2018, 05:13 PM)dicappatore Wrote: Stick and Elektra too. How did you like, if you saw them as The Defenders, all teamed up? JJ, Luke and DD? Oops lest not forget Iron Fist and all their side kicks.

It's a shame that The Defenders pretty much centered around Iron Fist. I think he is one of the biggest reasons the shows declined in popularity. It's almost like he ruined the brand.

The rest were pretty good. It wasn't epic or anything but I liked their interactions. JJ was hilarious and very much needed since the rest can be pretty dry. Her holding up the elevator the way she did was the only time I thought they showed off just how much stronger than Luke she actually is.

I also really liked Colleen and thought of her as the fifth or honorary defender. She's a great character and Misty is pretty good as well.

As for everyone else, the only ones that really stood out to me were Stick, Elektra, and Madame Gao. I had no idea why Gao was taking orders from Alexandra. She gave off more of an aura of authority than the rest of the Five Fingers. It also didn't help that DD was able to fight two of them simultaneously.

I preferred Gao over Alexandra too. Shows proof of bringing in a big time movie star like Ms. Allen to the screen can not replace good writing.