Grimm Forum
Why did the show end the BC arc so abruptly - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Why did the show end the BC arc so abruptly (/Thread-Why-did-the-show-end-the-BC-arc-so-abruptly)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Why did the show end the BC arc so abruptly - dicappatore - 11-27-2018

(11-27-2018, 07:48 PM)syscrash Wrote: Henry the Green you are arguing the canon of the show. I am arguing what was lacking in the writing.

These suggestions in no way are to say I do not like what they did with Adalind. Take the trust me knot. In true Adalind fashion it did not work like she thought it would.

I am arguing the logic you lack in your logic. As you stated above;

Adalind's knot did not work because Sean got the judge to drop the charges before Nick could testify. If anyone is to blame for the knot not working was the judge (a BC Wesen). He was the one whom sabotaged the spell Adalind administered. What part of that failed spell was her fault. Please explain?

RE: Why did the show end the BC arc so abruptly - Henry of green - 11-27-2018

(11-27-2018, 07:48 PM)syscrash Wrote: Henry the Green you are arguing the canon of the show. I am arguing what was lacking in the writing. Here is heroic, Bud standing up to the wesen reign, willing to die to protect Nick. Here is heroic going to the other side to stop the threat. It has nothing to do with the reason you can make for why the character did not do these things. It is about why the writers did not have her do these things.
You are arguing show logic, I am talking about show structure. It is the structure that defines our perception of the characters. The point I was making ,they showed Adalind using her potions making her a menacing threat against Nick. I would have liked to have seen her being as menacing against others to help Nick.
Over the six seasons the writers added to Adalinds abilities. there is no reason why they could not have had her have the same abilities as Eve and Diana. There is nothing saying they could not have written it to have Diana protecting her brother. They showed her able to protect herself when kidnapped. They could have had her do the same if her brother was threatened.

These suggestions in no way are to say I do not like what they did with Adalind. Take the trust me knot. In true Adalind fashion it did not work like she thought it would.

Yes Syscrash, I am using canon to make my point because canon is the only thing that matters and on canon we were shown Adalind was willing to risk her life to save Nick, she showed this against Zerstorer.

Also how exactly is Bud making a speech at the wesenrein anymore heroic than Adalind taking an axe for Nick with her last words being for Nick to take care of the children. That sounds pretty heroic.

Adalind sticking up for Rosalee against Tony dispite thinking she was only human at the start of her confrontation with Tony is also pretty heroic in my eyes.

Yes there is a big reason they couldn’t have Adalind using abilities like Eve and Diana beacuse it wouldn’t make a lick of sense, beacuse Eve was always shown to be special, Rosalee stated made Hexenbiests are more powerful than born ones and Henrietta stated Juliette was far more powerful than just an normal hexenbiest., in fact she said she’d never seen such power before, Henrietta was scared of Juliette she wasn’t remotely scared of Adalind. Diana was always shown to be really special due to the ritual and she literally had powers in the womb and doesn’t woge, Kelly Burkhardt explains why Diana is different and super powerful as does Renards mother you must have just chose to ignore it. It would be totally out of charecter for Adalind to have the abilities of Eve or Diana, she’s just a hexenbiest not a super hexenbiest.

Adalind is great at spells and can do occasional telekinesis end of story that’s what abilities we seen her having.

Adalind has always been shown as just an average hexenbiest who’s great with spells and manipulation please stop ignoring the show.

RE: Why did the show end the BC arc so abruptly - brandon - 11-28-2018

I believe that each "Hexenbiest" exploits its correct potential, some would be good in terms of spells and others in psychic force.
It is notorious that Adalind is seen doing spells throughout the series.To Eve not but if she has books of sorcery,although I do not think teach all the books.

RE: Why did the show end the BC arc so abruptly - irukandji - 11-29-2018

(11-27-2018, 07:48 PM)syscrash Wrote: The point I was making ,they showed Adalind using her potions making her a menacing threat against Nick. I would have liked to have seen her being as menacing against others to help Nick. .

I agree. There was hoopla over Adalind's hexenbiest returning, so it made viewers wonder just what was going to happen in the future. In the end it just turned out to be somewhat of a red herring.

It appeared to me that the creative team felt Adalind could not be a mother and, at the same time, an extremely valuable assistant to Nick as a hexenbiest.