Grimm Forum
If Diana hadn’t of been kidnapped - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: If Diana hadn’t of been kidnapped (/Thread-If-Diana-hadn%E2%80%99t-of-been-kidnapped)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

If Diana hadn’t of been kidnapped - Henry of green - 11-04-2018

I just rewatched some of the middle episodes of season 3 just after Diana was born and Adalind appeared very similar in manner to the Adalind of later seasons she practically was season 6 Adalind, she was much less volatile and arrogant she worried about others, Sebastian and Meisner especially even voicing her concerns when Miesner left Sebastien behind and even appeared slightly regretful when she killed the verat guard instead of making him drop the gun as she had intended to do.

Adalind was also very thankful to kelly and Miesner as well as Monroe and Rosalee for helping her. She also appeared slightly regretful about her past actions when talking to kelly about why kelly killed her mother. She was hardly the cold bitch of season 1 and season 2 at that point then Diana was kidnapped and that seemed to set her back slightly to the Adalind of old. I think if she hadn’t of been kidnapped we would have saw the Adalind of the last 2 episodes of season 4 until the series end much sooner.

RE: If Diana hadn’t of been kidnapped - brandon - 11-04-2018

There would not have been that "side effect" in juliette.
She did the spell at Victor's request but added that "touch" because she was mad at them- Nick and Juliette-disappointed too.
Nick was the only one who loved her for being her.Others were interested in its usefulness- Sean, Eric, Victor, Ken and the king-

RE: If Diana hadn’t of been kidnapped - irukandji - 11-04-2018

Funny thing about that. Adalind was host to the hexenbiest then.

RE: If Diana hadn’t of been kidnapped - eric - 11-04-2018

MY guess is that Adeline and Renard would have been found and killed quickly. Adeline was not skilled at hiding out. Renard's mom had been in charge during their life on the lamb, he knew a little but was out of shape. It's easier for a woman no one can ID, one who knows how to hide, to escape detection.

RE: If Diana hadn’t of been kidnapped - irukandji - 11-04-2018

(11-04-2018, 05:39 AM)brandon Wrote: She did the spell at Victor's request but added that "touch" because she was mad at them- Nick and Juliette-disappointed too.

I agree with you that Adalind was angry at Nick to and didn't just perform the spell because she was told to.

But in thinking about this, shouldn't Adalind herself be shouldering the blame for what happened to baby Diana? If she hadn't been so obsessed with getting a hexenbiest in the first place, would the royals have even cared if she had Renard's baby?

RE: If Diana hadn’t of been kidnapped - rpmaluki - 11-04-2018

Adalind was only at the beginning stages of her transformation after the birth of Diana. I do think she took a great leap in caring for others beside herself (compared to S1 & S2), particularly Diana but I think it was still fleeting with the others because not once did I ever doubt she'd betray anyone for Diana at this stage. She did run away from Nick's house because she could no longer trust Kelly. She didn't have any empathy for others beyond her child, not Kelly, not Renard, I don't even think she cared too deeply for Meisner and I know she liked him. I'm not saying she was unfeeling, she clearly was but that was under an intense period of her life fleeing from the Royals. Her emotions were all over the place but once settled, you saw traces of old Adalind at Sean's condo when Nick went after her.

Her journey was only just beginning. It had to take losing Diana, making more bad choices with taking Nick's powers, consequently falling pregnant a second time and having her baby's life threatened for her to realise she couldn't continue being the way she was. For her baby's sake, she had to make different choices and that included swallowing her pride and asking for help from the last place she ever thought she'd turn, Nick.

I hate that they took Diana away and never agreed with it but I try to imagine what would have happened if they hadn't separated them at the time. Adalind fell in love with her daughter (something I feel she never received from her own mother, unconditional love) but she hadn't had the epiphany to raise her Diana differently, to teach her good values as opposed to selfishness and chasing after power as we got a glimpse with Catherine. I feel like Adalind and Diana together would have raised hell especially with anyone that crossed them. Without Adalind first changing for the better as an individual, she would never have been able to guide Diana from the more dubious behaviours we saw Diana exhibit after her return.

And although we saw Adalind struggling at first, it wasn't from lack of conviction but rather due to Diana being so powerful and uninhibited. with the roles now clearly defined, Adalind grew more confident in drawing a line for Diana for her to follow. In S3, Adalind would be extremely incapable of doing this. I see Diana's birth as just the beginning, not the whole when it comes to Adalind's change.

RE: If Diana hadn’t of been kidnapped - FaceInTheCrowd - 11-04-2018

If the only thing that changes is that the scoobies never take Diana and send her off with Kelly, then the Verrat keep coming back to try to take her and kill Sean and Adalind until they either die or, more likely, flee Portland. Nick, Hank and Wu get a new captain, Nick never loses his powers, Juliette never has to inhale the hat and never turns into a hexenbiest and she and Nick eventually get married, hopefully not until the series finale.

Meanwhile, Sean and Adalind wander for a while before finally setting down somewhere nobody has heard of and try to live a quiet life, stay under the radar and not attract any attention that might lead the royals to them. Sean resigns himself to giving up his dreams of one day ascending to royal power, gets a job and concentrates on making a go of his new occupation which is low hazard and doesn't require him to ever woge, Adalind tries to fit in with the other wives and mothers and they take on the roles of ordinary suburbanites. Sean keeps on Adalind to not woge or use her other powers lest their nosy neighbor across the street notice. Sean's mother eventually moves to the town to be near her granddaughter and is a frequent visitor, but disapproves of their efforts to live like kehrseites. Adalind develops a nervous twitch in her nose whenever she's unable to hold herself back from using telekinesis. They eventually have another child, a boy who most likely doesn't get named Kelly.

RE: If Diana hadn’t of been kidnapped - eric - 11-04-2018

The movie "Running on Empty"-1980- was about a family constantly on the run because the parents had accidently killed a policeman ten or so years before. The college educated dad was washing dishes in a dinner, thinks he sees the FBI, everyone is on the run within a few minutes-lots of practice. The kids have to learn a new name every few months, the only time they use their real names is when the sing "Happy Birthday". When the oldest enters college he says good bye forever, knowing he will have a hard time being "normal". Since neither Adeline or Renard were Grimms, how would know if their new neighbor wasn't Varrat? Diana would have grown up without long term friends, the parents would become more and morep aranoid, Renard's mom would be under constant Royal watch. Not a fun time at all. Sad

RE: If Diana hadn’t of been kidnapped - FaceInTheCrowd - 11-04-2018

Wesen can see the "invisible woge" the same way Grimms can.

RE: If Diana hadn’t of been kidnapped - Henry of green - 11-04-2018

(11-04-2018, 10:07 AM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: If the only thing that changes is that the scoobies never take Diana and send her off with Kelly, then the Verrat keep coming back to try to take her and kill Sean and Adalind until they either die or, more likely, flee Portland. Nick, Hank and Wu get a new captain, Nick never loses his powers, Juliette never has to inhale the hat and never turns into a hexenbiest and she and Nick eventually get married, hopefully not until the series finale.

Meanwhile, Sean and Adalind wander for a while before finally setting down somewhere nobody has heard of and try to live a quiet life, stay under the radar and not attract any attention that might lead the royals to them. Sean resigns himself to giving up his dreams of one day ascending to royal power, gets a job and concentrates on making a go of his new occupation which is low hazard and doesn't require him to ever woge, Adalind tries to fit in with the other wives and mothers and they take on the roles of ordinary suburbanites. Sean keeps on Adalind to not woge or use her other powers lest their nosy neighbor across the street notice. Sean's mother eventually moves to the town to be near her granddaughter and is a frequent visitor, but disapproves of their efforts to live like kehrseites. Adalind develops a nervous twitch in her nose whenever she's unable to hold herself back from using telekinesis. They eventually have another child, a boy who most likely doesn't get named Kelly.

Face, good alternative story however I see absolutely zero chance ever of Sean running off to live that sort of life under any circumstances unless you make an alternative Sean with different priority’s than the one on the show. Sasha Roiz even admitted in a season 5 interview Sean wants power above else and he’s not above using his daughter to get it, Sean loves Diania but he loves power just as much or even more.