Grimm Forum
‘Grimm’ Spinoff With A Female Lead In Works At NBC - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Television Forum (/Forum-Television-Forum)
+--- Forum: TV News (/Forum-TV-News)
+--- Thread: ‘Grimm’ Spinoff With A Female Lead In Works At NBC (/Thread-%E2%80%98Grimm%E2%80%99-Spinoff-With-A-Female-Lead-In-Works-At-NBC)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: ‘Grimm’ Spinoff With A Female Lead In Works At NBC - Hell Rell - 11-17-2018 10:34 AM

(11-17-2018 01:36 AM)irukandji Wrote:  I never found Trubel such an interesting character that I wanted to know more about her. It was more than enough that she appeared from time to time to help Nick, then departed when she was no longer needed.

If NBC is going to renew the series, I would hope they take the same tact as the Star Trek franchises; new cast, new location, completely new stories.

(11-12-2018 05:21 PM)eric Wrote:  Maybe a Truble show won't last more than a few episodes, but did anyone really expect Frazier to last 11 years? Granted it was a comedy, but how many jokes can there be about a pompous shrink? If there won't be a steady diet of WOW every week, no changing the main evil doers every year--Royals, ex-hex, wessen purity nut jobs, BC, Z - the show might last long enough for me to want to add it to my DVD collection.

Could Grimm return as a comedy/drama series?

I also think new characters are the way to go. I wouldn't be all that interested in a series centered around Trubel. I think there are a wealth of stories to be told and it would benefit the writers not to be burdened by the original Grimm iteration.

I think adding a bit more comedy could actually work for the new series. It shouldn't be Legends of Tomorrow comedy, although I love LoT for it, but it could be something akin to Gotham. Gotham is dark and gritty but not in the same way as the Nolan films. It has a lot of dark comedy and is a bit of a wacky show with wacky characters. There are even times where it looks like a live-action cartoon with the way they handle the violence. I think Grimm 2.0 could benefit from that plus I hope the cinematography and aesthetic can come close to the quality of Gotham.

RE: ‘Grimm’ Spinoff With A Female Lead In Works At NBC - FaceInTheCrowd - 11-17-2018 01:05 PM

Portlanders laughed at a lot of things we saw on Grimm, though I don't think the showrunners meant them all to be funny.

RE: ‘Grimm’ Spinoff With A Female Lead In Works At NBC - brandon - 11-17-2018 01:22 PM

you can know what? One question..
More fun seems " Portland"( tv show).

RE: ‘Grimm’ Spinoff With A Female Lead In Works At NBC - FaceInTheCrowd - 11-17-2018 02:14 PM

Do you mean Portlandia? Portlanders have mixed feelings about it, but I suspect that some just see themselves in it and don't like what they see. My view, there's a lot of really funny bits, but they just don't seem to know when they've milked all the laughs out of a gag and it's time to move on to the next one.

RE: ‘Grimm’ Spinoff With A Female Lead In Works At NBC - dicappatore - 11-17-2018 07:33 PM

(11-17-2018 07:43 AM)irukandji Wrote:  
(11-17-2018 07:28 AM)eric Wrote:  
(11-17-2018 01:36 AM)irukandji Wrote:  I never found Trubel such an interesting character that I wanted to know more about her. It was more than enough that she appeared from time to time to help Nick, then departed when she was no longer needed.

If NBC is going to renew the series, I would hope they take the same tact as the Star Trek franchises; new cast, new location, completely new stories.

(11-12-2018 05:21 PM)eric Wrote:  Maybe a Truble show won't last more than a few episodes, but did anyone really expect Frazier to last 11 years? Granted it was a comedy, but how many jokes can there be about a pompous shrink? If there won't be a steady diet of WOW every week, no changing the main evil doers every year--Royals, ex-hex, wessen purity nut jobs, BC, Z - the show might last long enough for me to want to add it to my DVD collection.

I think Grimm, monsters and all that, could not be a comedy, but hey I am surprised at some of the successful returns and redo's out there. Drama or crime show, that seems more likely, controlling monsters is always good for excitement.

I don't mean a true comedy in the sense that there are continual gags, one liners, and pratfalls. What I am talking about is more of a blended show. Grimm always seemed to take itself so seriously and I am wondering if perhaps making it a blended show might be the way to another successful series without copying the original. Maybe something along the line of Wynonna Earp, if you're familiar with that series.

I guess this viewer must have missed the many one liners by Wu and similar gags like the rubber rat in the pizza box that was presented to Hank at his desk, or when Magique runs out of the spice shop and you hear a car tires screeching followed by a traumatic "Cat's Meow". Or the remarks Monroe keeps making before and after is faced with babysitting Diana.

Those are the comedy moments you will probably also see in the new series. Obviously this poster isn't part of that "YOU" i just mentioned.

I find it perplexing on how so many critiques can be opinionated on a show that hasn't even been created yet, let alone written and broadcasted. Makes me wonder how "SOME" can opine with what they actually see on the screen

RE: ‘Grimm’ Spinoff With A Female Lead In Works At NBC - irukandji - 11-18-2018 09:31 AM

(11-17-2018 01:05 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote:  Portlanders laughed at a lot of things we saw on Grimm, though I don't think the showrunners meant them all to be funny.

I think a lot of people did.

RE: ‘Grimm’ Spinoff With A Female Lead In Works At NBC - N_grimm - 11-18-2018 04:31 PM

(11-17-2018 07:33 PM)dicappatore Wrote:  
(11-17-2018 07:43 AM)irukandji Wrote:  
(11-17-2018 07:28 AM)eric Wrote:  

I think Grimm, monsters and all that, could not be a comedy, but hey I am surprised at some of the successful returns and redo's out there. Drama or crime show, that seems more likely, controlling monsters is always good for excitement.

I don't mean a true comedy in the sense that there are continual gags, one liners, and pratfalls. What I am talking about is more of a blended show. Grimm always seemed to take itself so seriously and I am wondering if perhaps making it a blended show might be the way to another successful series without copying the original. Maybe something along the line of Wynonna Earp, if you're familiar with that series.

I guess this viewer must have missed the many one liners by Wu and similar gags like the rubber rat in the pizza box that was presented to Hank at his desk, or when Magique runs out of the spice shop and you hear a car tires screeching followed by a traumatic "Cat's Meow". Or the remarks Monroe keeps making before and after is faced with babysitting Diana.

Those are the comedy moments you will probably also see in the new series. Obviously this poster isn't part of that "YOU" i just mentioned.

More humor? There was lots of good humor in Grimm.

Adalind: It's not easy, and there is one ingredient that's almost impossible to get.
Renard: What is it?
Adalind: A dead Hexenbiest.
Nick: That shouldn't be too hard to get.
Adalind: Not me. It can't be fresh.

Adalind to Nick: But it just so happens that I know where a dead Hexenbiest is buried. That would be my mother. Your mother killed her, remember?
Adalind to Renard: And you slept with her.
Renard: Right, well, as long as we're digging up the past, we may as well dig up your mother.

RE: ‘Grimm’ Spinoff With A Female Lead In Works At NBC - eric - 11-18-2018 05:29 PM

Grimm had lots of humor, great funny dreams, dead pan looks. Any show, regardless of genre, can have humorous moments. I think the spin off could have light moments while showing dangerous monsters trying to rip out the beautiful damsel in distress' guts.

RE: ‘Grimm’ Spinoff With A Female Lead In Works At NBC - irukandji - 11-19-2018 05:14 AM

Hmmm.........well, let's talk some more about this. I found Grimm listed as sci-fi, fantasy, police procedural, sci-fi/drama, occult fiction and horror. There were more, but I will leave them off.

Nowhere in any of the sites I took a look at was Grimm listed as a "humorous" series.

A humorous line or two here and there does not make it a comedy/drama.

RE: ‘Grimm’ Spinoff With A Female Lead In Works At NBC - Renardfan99 - 11-22-2018 09:32 PM

(11-09-2018 05:45 AM)irukandji Wrote:  
(10-28-2018 02:50 PM)Renardfan99 Wrote:  Coming out of "Grimm retirement" to respond to this post. Heck, no to Trubel or a should be dead Juliette EVER being back on this show. Otherwise, I would cast teen Kelly, Marie and the non Grimm brother in a prequel for at least six seasons that will lead up to 2011 "Grimm" with Nick/DG and then another show that jumps ahead to "Kelly", Diana and triplets as young twenty-somethings .....

I agree with you about Trubel. She's fine as an occasional guest star but there's not enough to her to make a weekly series starring her as the grimm.

I don't even think a Diana/Kelly spinoff is the way to go. Like Trubel, there's not enough to them to hold a weekly story either.

I would love to see teen Kelly and Marie, before Kelly/Diana/triplets!