Grimm Forum
‘Grimm’ Spinoff With A Female Lead In Works At NBC - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Television Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Television-Forum)
+--- Forum: TV News (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-TV-News)
+--- Thread: ‘Grimm’ Spinoff With A Female Lead In Works At NBC (/Thread-%E2%80%98Grimm%E2%80%99-Spinoff-With-A-Female-Lead-In-Works-At-NBC)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: ‘Grimm’ Spinoff With A Female Lead In Works At NBC - wfmyers1207 - 11-11-2018

(11-10-2018, 06:39 AM)brandon Wrote: I think it would be interesting if it showed what happened after she left Portland.
His kidnapping by Chavez,how was your recruitment.

Now that is an interesting question. Given the fact she was kidnapped by HW just how did they manage to gain her loyalty? Was she brainwashed like Juliette/Eve, or did they manage to convince her to join up of her own will? Dodgy

RE: ‘Grimm’ Spinoff With A Female Lead In Works At NBC - dicappatore - 11-11-2018

(11-11-2018, 12:26 PM)wfmyers1207 Wrote:
(11-10-2018, 06:39 AM)brandon Wrote: I think it would be interesting if it showed what happened after she left Portland.

Now that is an interesting question. Given the fact she was kidnapped by HW just how did they manage to gain her loyalty? Was she brainwashed like Juliette/Eve, or did they manage to convince her to join up of her own will? Dodgy

As I recalled it, Trubel was not kidnapped. She was grabbed and was asked to think about joining HW. We saw her leave and come back the night Kelly was ambushed. She was never kidnapped by HW. She went with HW on various missions and came back that faithful night to save Nick from Juliette.

When Juliette was taken and Nick's house was cleaned up, Trubel was just part of the clean up. She wasn't kidnapped. She was ordered by HW to get going on more missions. Next time we see her is her showing up at the fome. I don't ever recall her mentioning of her being forced to join.

RE: ‘Grimm’ Spinoff With A Female Lead In Works At NBC - irukandji - 11-12-2018

That might be good for two, three shows tops. But then what?

RE: ‘Grimm’ Spinoff With A Female Lead In Works At NBC - FaceInTheCrowd - 11-12-2018

I see it more like some flahbacks, but I'm biased. I hate prequels.

RE: ‘Grimm’ Spinoff With A Female Lead In Works At NBC - eric - 11-12-2018

Maybe a Truble show won't last more than a few episodes, but did anyone really expect Frazier to last 11 years? Granted it was a comedy, but how many jokes can there be about a pompous shrink? If there won't be a steady diet of WOW every week, no changing the main evil doers every year--Royals, ex-hex, wessen purity nut jobs, BC, Z - the show might last long enough for me to want to add it to my DVD collection.

RE: ‘Grimm’ Spinoff With A Female Lead In Works At NBC - FaceInTheCrowd - 11-12-2018

I think the character and the actor could sustain the lead role in a series (with a suitable supporting cast, of course). But do we really want to see an entire series of the six months that passed between the time Trubel and Josh left Portland and Trubel's return at the end of S04? I don't. Especially not when it would mean reviving the BC/HW story line.

Do a series going forward from "The End," have an episode, or maybe a two-parter, that looks back on Trubel's decision to join HW, what happened to Josh, etc., and bring Elizabeth Rodriguez and Damien Puckler back for a (mercifully brief) guest shot or two. And don't make it the series premiere.

RE: ‘Grimm’ Spinoff With A Female Lead In Works At NBC - irukandji - 11-17-2018

I never found Trubel such an interesting character that I wanted to know more about her. It was more than enough that she appeared from time to time to help Nick, then departed when she was no longer needed.

If NBC is going to renew the series, I would hope they take the same tact as the Star Trek franchises; new cast, new location, completely new stories.

(11-12-2018, 05:21 PM)eric Wrote: Maybe a Truble show won't last more than a few episodes, but did anyone really expect Frazier to last 11 years? Granted it was a comedy, but how many jokes can there be about a pompous shrink? If there won't be a steady diet of WOW every week, no changing the main evil doers every year--Royals, ex-hex, wessen purity nut jobs, BC, Z - the show might last long enough for me to want to add it to my DVD collection.

Could Grimm return as a comedy/drama series?

RE: ‘Grimm’ Spinoff With A Female Lead In Works At NBC - brandon - 11-17-2018

I expect more drama than comedy.
I do not like what they do today with the remakes,make comedies of old series that had nothing to do.Like the movies with jonah and comedy version of " Jump street"

RE: ‘Grimm’ Spinoff With A Female Lead In Works At NBC - eric - 11-17-2018

(11-17-2018, 01:36 AM)irukandji Wrote: I never found Trubel such an interesting character that I wanted to know more about her. It was more than enough that she appeared from time to time to help Nick, then departed when she was no longer needed.

If NBC is going to renew the series, I would hope they take the same tact as the Star Trek franchises; new cast, new location, completely new stories.

(11-12-2018, 05:21 PM)eric Wrote: Maybe a Truble show won't last more than a few episodes, but did anyone really expect Frazier to last 11 years? Granted it was a comedy, but how many jokes can there be about a pompous shrink? If there won't be a steady diet of WOW every week, no changing the main evil doers every year--Royals, ex-hex, wessen purity nut jobs, BC, Z - the show might last long enough for me to want to add it to my DVD collection.

I think Grimm, monsters and all that, could not be a comedy, but hey I am surprised at some of the successful returns and redo's out there. Drama or crime show, that seems more likely, controlling monsters is always good for excitement.

RE: ‘Grimm’ Spinoff With A Female Lead In Works At NBC - irukandji - 11-17-2018

(11-17-2018, 07:28 AM)eric Wrote:
(11-17-2018, 01:36 AM)irukandji Wrote: I never found Trubel such an interesting character that I wanted to know more about her. It was more than enough that she appeared from time to time to help Nick, then departed when she was no longer needed.

I think Grimm, monsters and all that, could not be a comedy, but hey I am surprised at some of the successful returns and redo's out there. Drama or crime show, that seems more likely, controlling monsters is always good for excitement.

I don't mean a true comedy in the sense that there are continual gags, one liners, and pratfalls. What I am talking about is more of a blended show. Grimm always seemed to take itself so seriously and I am wondering if perhaps making it a blended show might be the way to another successful series without copying the original. Maybe something along the line of Wynonna Earp, if you're familiar with that series.