Grimm Forum
‘Grimm’ Spinoff With A Female Lead In Works At NBC - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Television Forum (/Forum-Television-Forum)
+--- Forum: TV News (/Forum-TV-News)
+--- Thread: ‘Grimm’ Spinoff With A Female Lead In Works At NBC (/Thread-%E2%80%98Grimm%E2%80%99-Spinoff-With-A-Female-Lead-In-Works-At-NBC)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: ‘Grimm’ Spinoff With A Female Lead In Works At NBC - brandon - 11-02-2018 01:50 PM

What is wrong is that this journalist mentions about his daughter,being that Nick was the father of a child.
I do not see anything about the interviewer making an "assumption".

RE: ‘Grimm’ Spinoff With A Female Lead In Works At NBC - N_grimm - 11-02-2018 02:19 PM

(11-02-2018 12:35 PM)dicappatore Wrote:  
(11-01-2018 02:27 PM)N_grimm Wrote:  
(11-01-2018 01:57 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote:  DG says he wants to come back as Old Nick so he can sit back and watch while the new Grimm does the fight scenes.

I interpret this as good news. He does not reject a 'guest star'- part: https://www.tvguide.com/news/david-giuntoli-grimm-spin-off-guest-star/

But how serious can we take this? The person who wrote the article thinks Diana is a grimm and Nick is the father...

As I read it, it never said she was a Grimm just Nick her father. When a child is merged with a step-dad, referring him being the father is not out of the ordinary.. I have seen some kids with step parents refer to them and mother and father wile referring to their biological parents as mom and dad.
I believe thats what the article was referring to, her father meaning her step-father.

It doesn’t say she's a Grimm directly, but suggests that Diana could be the main character, and we know the series will be about a female Grimm – i.e. Diana the Grimm...I understand the step-father part. I was actual just trying to make a witty comment. By the way, none of this has anything to do with DG's statements. The quotes are also included in other articles. I didn't mean to doubt the statements literally.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

RE: ‘Grimm’ Spinoff With A Female Lead In Works At NBC - New Guy - 11-02-2018 02:44 PM

Grimm Greetings,
I have been waiting for Greenwalt and Kouf to call, but they must have been busy. Anyhow, after "The End" Adalind's two kids, Diana and Kelly seemed to have bonded to carry on the Grimm family business. Those two could share the lead and produce interesting episodes.
These female super heroes do not appeal to me. Their fighting skills are too phony. In martial arts, there are weight categories. They do not match a 120 lb against a 200 lb. In a real fight, weight matters. However when Adalind and Juliette had the big fight I was well entertained. They are in similar weight classes.
Here is an example using Judo, an Olympic sport:
https://orion.math.iastate.edu/jdhsmith/dojo/jundiv.htm
Although Renard had a weight advantage, the fight I longed for but never got was for Nick to clean Renard's Clock.
Best!
N G

(11-01-2018 10:18 AM)wfmyers1207 Wrote:  Hello all. Been a while since I've been here. Not that I think anyone has missed me! Tongue

A spin-off, in my IMHO needs Truble as the lead. We discussed this before on the Forum when the show's cancellation was announced. In could happen. But, JT has got to be the lead! Just saying. Big Grin
Hey WF,
Good to see you are back. I missed you. Several Kroger stores have closed where I live, so Skyline Chili may be difficult to come by.
Hope you are well.
N G

RE: ‘Grimm’ Spinoff With A Female Lead In Works At NBC - dicappatore - 11-03-2018 01:08 AM

(11-02-2018 02:44 PM)New Guy Wrote:  Grimm Greetings,
I have been waiting for Greenwalt and Kouf to call, but they must have been busy. Anyhow, after "The End" Adalind's two kids, Diana and Kelly seemed to have bonded to carry on the Grimm family business. Those two could share the lead and produce interesting episodes.
These female super heroes do not appeal to me. Their fighting skills are too phony. In martial arts, there are weight categories. They do not match a 120 lb against a 200 lb. In a real fight, weight matters. However when Adalind and Juliette had the big fight I was well entertained. They are in similar weight classes.
Here is an example using Judo, an Olympic sport:
https://orion.math.iastate.edu/jdhsmith/dojo/jundiv.htm
Although Renard had a weight advantage, the fight I longed for but never got was for Nick to clean Renard's Clock.
Best!
N G

I saw the actress Nicole Steinwedell in one episode of Beauty and the Beast as one of the brides maids. She looked hot then and I could see her play grown up Diana. The resemblance to Hannah is spot-on.

I feel she grew up with us on the air. Even if it was 3 different actresses playing her growing up as Diana, Makes me feel a bit awkward thinking of Diana as being hot.

RE: ‘Grimm’ Spinoff With A Female Lead In Works At NBC - Renardfan99 - 11-04-2018 05:23 PM

(10-31-2018 04:28 AM)thecdn Wrote:  
(10-28-2018 02:50 PM)Renardfan99 Wrote:  Coming out of "Grimm retirement" to respond to this post. Heck, no to Trubel or a should be dead Juliette EVER being back on this show.

Exactly. I'll give any version of this show a try but I'll be disappointed if it focuses on Trubel.

I disliked Trubel because it reminded me of the retcon baby sister that showed up on Buffy that was so NOT needed on the show. I hate Trubel and Juliette!

RE: ‘Grimm’ Spinoff With A Female Lead In Works At NBC - irukandji - 11-09-2018 05:45 AM

(10-28-2018 02:50 PM)Renardfan99 Wrote:  Coming out of "Grimm retirement" to respond to this post. Heck, no to Trubel or a should be dead Juliette EVER being back on this show. Otherwise, I would cast teen Kelly, Marie and the non Grimm brother in a prequel for at least six seasons that will lead up to 2011 "Grimm" with Nick/DG and then another show that jumps ahead to "Kelly", Diana and triplets as young twenty-somethings .....

I agree with you about Trubel. She's fine as an occasional guest star but there's not enough to her to make a weekly series starring her as the grimm.

I don't even think a Diana/Kelly spinoff is the way to go. Like Trubel, there's not enough to them to hold a weekly story either.

RE: ‘Grimm’ Spinoff With A Female Lead In Works At NBC - brandon - 11-09-2018 06:22 AM

I'm interested in both stories, prequel and sequel

RE: ‘Grimm’ Spinoff With A Female Lead In Works At NBC - dicappatore - 11-09-2018 06:39 AM

(11-09-2018 06:22 AM)brandon Wrote:  I'm interested in both stories, prequel and sequel

Hey brandon, I bet you the previous poster wishes to see a Grimm spin-off of Sean and Juliette. I don't know how possible it would be since neither one of them is a Grimm. I am sure in its convoluted world and delusional mind has come up with a way to weave it in. Would the pilot even be made, let alone be watched by the viewing public.

RE: ‘Grimm’ Spinoff With A Female Lead In Works At NBC - eric - 11-09-2018 08:24 AM

I think Trubel could carry a sequel, maybe set along the N. Calif though Seattle coast. Lots of deep green forests for atmosphere-if the fires don't clear them out first, close to Portland to explain visits from other characters, plenty of cities willing to have nice pictures of themselves on TV. I can see an opening scene with Truble walking down a dark street, lots of sounds that seem dangerous, she gets to her pad and is greeted loudly by........her big cat or dog. It would probably cause some posters on this forum to have a fit. She could be working for a PI who deals in "unusal" cases. Gives a chance to have a flexible work schedule. Could also have a part time gig with HW. But I am not on the show's payroll , so my guess is as good as anyone's here.

RE: ‘Grimm’ Spinoff With A Female Lead In Works At NBC - brandon - 11-10-2018 06:39 AM

I think it would be interesting if it showed what happened after she left Portland.
His kidnapping by Chavez,how was your recruitment.