Grimm Forum
‘Grimm’ Spinoff With A Female Lead In Works At NBC - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Television Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Television-Forum)
+--- Forum: TV News (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-TV-News)
+--- Thread: ‘Grimm’ Spinoff With A Female Lead In Works At NBC (/Thread-%E2%80%98Grimm%E2%80%99-Spinoff-With-A-Female-Lead-In-Works-At-NBC)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

‘Grimm’ Spinoff With A Female Lead In Works At NBC - WispyWillow - 10-16-2018

https://deadline.com/2018/10/grimm-spinoff-female-lead-nbc-from-melissa-glenn-hazy-mills-1202483529/

RE: ‘Grimm’ Spinoff With A Female Lead In Works At NBC - brandon - 10-16-2018

Good news !,maybe.

RE: ‘Grimm’ Spinoff With A Female Lead In Works At NBC - FaceInTheCrowd - 10-16-2018

If they're planning on having the old cast members show up a lot, hopefully that bodes well for shooting here in Portland again.

RE: ‘Grimm’ Spinoff With A Female Lead In Works At NBC - N_grimm - 10-16-2018

There has been rumors about a spin-off about Truble, but I did not think it would happen.

To me, it will be crucial who appears. David Giuntoli is busy at the moment, but can hopefully make some guest appearances. If old characters are to be included, Nick must appear. He was after all her mentor. I suppose and hope Nick, Monroe, Rosalee and Adalind will be candidates for recurring characters. Hardly Hank and Wu (who knows), Renard are probably out of picture and hopefully no Eve.

This can be very good news, but also be a huge disappointment. It will be interesting to hear more details - if this actually happens.

RE: ‘Grimm’ Spinoff With A Female Lead In Works At NBC - FaceInTheCrowd - 10-16-2018

With no actors attached, Trubel could be one of the old cast who will just appear infrequently.

RE: ‘Grimm’ Spinoff With A Female Lead In Works At NBC - N_grimm - 10-16-2018

(10-16-2018, 12:54 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: With no actors attached, Trubel could be one of the old cast who will just appear infrequently.

THAT would be a disappointment. I believe Truble will be the main character - this is something the writers have been talking about. But I am realistic and realize that we most likely will not get Grimm back (i.e. most of the original cast and characters) - just a show in the same universe. Let's hope I'm wrong.

RE: ‘Grimm’ Spinoff With A Female Lead In Works At NBC - Henry of green - 10-16-2018

That’s great news, if pulled off correctly it could be a great spinoff if not though it could be a major flop ethier way I’ll give it a go if it actually happens . If it’s about Trubel and some of the original cast stop by from time to time it would be an interesting watch.

RE: ‘Grimm’ Spinoff With A Female Lead In Works At NBC - brandon - 10-17-2018

I would expect to see Nick live sometime.I would hate if they wanted to kill(how are you busy with another matter- D. G.).

RE: ‘Grimm’ Spinoff With A Female Lead In Works At NBC - dicappatore - 10-17-2018

After reading that article. It says a lot about why they were taken off the air which did not include the lousy ratings, as some have claimed on why the show was cancelled. It was more about politics of their audiences which was the better reason of the show's demise.

Like I said on previous threads, if you pay attention to one of the interview the cast had. The question was asked about the "GRIMM" audience and Silas (Monroe) answered the question that says it all. Check out this interview link below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XOms-HzmMY&t=336s

Just 50 seconds into the interview, listen to Silas tells us about who watches their show. He included the people in the "Fly Over States" and excluded the east and west coasts. That was his way of saying, Grimm had a more conservative audience, and network executives did not give a hoot about the ratings. Just like the number one comedy show "Last Man Standing", on broadcast TV was cancelled around the same time. BTW, read some of the comments posted on that page of the interview.

So please, when it comes to being "politically correct"? media executives don't give a shitz about ratings and are more concerned about the politics they broadcast. They will just pop in another show in that slot.

RE: ‘Grimm’ Spinoff With A Female Lead In Works At NBC - FaceInTheCrowd - 10-18-2018

What matters most to the decision makers is profit. How much the show can bring in from advertisers, syndication, DVD sales, streaming sales, etc., vs how much the show costs to make vs how the numbers crunchers predict an alternative show will do by comparison.

Audience politics, religion, etc., matter only to the extent to which they affect the above. If a show is extremely popular in a given part of the country but its P/L figures don't add up well, it's toast. If certain segments of the population are screaming and calling for boycotts because it has offended them but it's profitable as all hell, it will live on.

Interviews are often strategic. When actors, producers. etc., praise the network for "believing in us," that means the ratings weren't so hot but someone came to their rescue by persuading the suits that the profit was still there and they're stroking that person. When they talk about how much a certain demographic loves the show, that's an effort to attract more viewers in that demographic because the numbers are actually not so great. Prospective viewers can be made curious about something by telling them that people like them love it.

And you always call a show a "hit show" in PR when you're trying to sell, resell or reboot it. As long as it had one good season, you're not fibbing.