Grimm Forum
The Fall (Netflix) - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Television Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Television-Forum)
+--- Forum: TV Shows (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-TV-Shows)
+--- Thread: The Fall (Netflix) (/Thread-The-Fall-Netflix)

The Fall (Netflix) - irukandji - 10-07-2018

We got Netflix a few months back and while looking for shows to watch, I tuned into this series. David Duchovny has been fairly busy following X-Files, but I hadn't heard what projects Gillian Anderson was involved in. I was very pleased with her in The Fall. This series started in 2012 and ended in 2016, with the possibility of more episodes to be filmed.

If anyone has watched it, I would be interested to know what you thought of it.

RE: The Fall (Netflix) - Waldfrau - 10-12-2018

I think it was very good!

RE: The Fall (Netflix) - irukandji - 10-23-2018

(10-12-2018, 11:47 PM)Waldfrau Wrote: I think it was very good!

I also thought it was very good. I would like to see Gillian Anderson continue with her role. I particularly liked the depth of the compassion she displayed.

While watching the series, I wondered how the male component of the forum would view a character who's so multifaceted. She's able to show such leadership going after the serial killer, but then has moments where she goes to bed with a man simply because she wants the sex.

RE: The Fall (Netflix) - Waldfrau - 10-26-2018

I really liked that about the show, that they didn't make her more perfect than a male boss would be.

RE: The Fall (Netflix) - irukandji - 10-27-2018

(10-26-2018, 11:03 PM)Waldfrau Wrote: I really liked that about the show, that they didn't make her more perfect than a male boss would be.

I enjoyed that as well. She did make a couple of major screw ups in tracking the serial killer. I think they cowtowed to keep Gillian as the team leader. In reality, she probably would have been booted back to a desk job or sent back to London.

I wondered what you thought about the young cop, Tom Anderson. He was the one Gillian's character had assigned to her team. At first I thought he was a little on the creepy side, but as the series went on, I liked him. She had him interviewing the serial killer a few times because he looked like the serial killer. I thought he did really well for a novice.

I very much liked the scene where she slept with him and then he confronted her about sleeping with him because he looked like the serial killer, like there was some kind of transference going on. That was very well done and really showed a not so hot side of Gillian's character, Stella.

RE: The Fall (Netflix) - Waldfrau - 11-02-2018

Yeah, I really liked the ambivalences of her character, especially that they didn't make her just a female badass, but also gave her so much empathy. She was really protective of the victims and saved the country from that serial killer in the end, so she was a real heroine.

Btw, I loved the two ending scenes with Stella drinking a glass of wine and that mother reading a non-Disney version of Frog King to her daughter.

RE: The Fall (Netflix) - thecdn - 11-07-2018

I discovered this show about a week ago and I'm four ep's into it. Enjoying it a lot so far.

I'm struck by how much hotter I'm finding Stella than Scully because of the confidence and edge the character has. It took me several minutes into the first ep to realize that it was Gillian Anderson and I'm a big X-Files fan. Looking forward to watching the rest of this.

Between this, The Bodyguard, Luthor and all the other shows I've got lined up, I am so glad I finally gave in got Netflix.

RE: The Fall (Netflix) - irukandji - 11-07-2018

(11-07-2018, 06:30 AM)thecdn Wrote: I discovered this show about a week ago and I'm four ep's into it. Enjoying it a lot so far.

I'm struck by how much hotter I'm finding Stella than Scully because of the confidence and edge the character has. It took me several minutes into the first ep to realize that it was Gillian Anderson and I'm a big X-Files fan. Looking forward to watching the rest of this.

Gillian Anderson has gone through some of the most dramatic changes as far as looks. I think she looks great, she just looks so different. I have to say I liked The Fall from the start.

(11-07-2018, 06:30 AM)thecdn Wrote: Between this, The Bodyguard, Luthor and all the other shows I've got lined up, I am so glad I finally gave in got Netflix.

You'll really like Luthor.

RE: The Fall (Netflix) - Henry of green - 11-17-2018

The fall was filmed here in Northern Ireland where I live, infact they filmed some scenes very close to where I live but I have never been able to get that interested in the show despite multiple attempts though I did enjoy seeing some of our local scenery on tv, Game of thrones is also filmed here though and I really do enjoy that show despite some dodgy writing.