Grimm Forum
S03E08 - Twelve Days of Krampus - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Episode Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Episode-Discussions)
+---- Forum: Season 3 (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Season-3)
+---- Thread: S03E08 - Twelve Days of Krampus (/Thread-S03E08-Twelve-Days-of-Krampus)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

S03E08 - Twelve Days of Krampus - GrimmForum - 12-13-2013

Season 3 Episode 8
Twelve Days of Krampus

[Image: mwAzYuRl.jpg]

Air Date: December 13, 2013
Synopsis: After a string of delinquent teens go missing, an old Wesen tale of an evil Santa who brings more than just a lump of coal may be the prime suspect. The investigation intensifies as Nick (David Giuntoli) and Hank (Russell Hornsby) take things a little too far. Meanwhile, Monroe (Silas Weir Mitchell) enlists Juliet (Bitsie Tulloch) to surprise Rosalee (Bree Turner) for their first Christmas together with unintended results. Elsewhere, Captain Renard’s (Sasha Roiz) tour of Europe brings him closer to tracking down Adalind (Claire Coffee). Reggie Lee also stars.

Trailer
Spoiler :

RE: S03E08 - Twelve Days of Krampus - pale boy - 12-14-2013

This one was a bit more exciting than the first, in terms of Wesen action. Krampus has always given me the chills. I also really liked that the Krampus guy didn't know what he was doing, since that means not all Wesen are exactly alike.

Plus, we all found out that the new Royal Prince on the show is a major creeper, maybe even the next Big Bad.

RE: S03E08 - Twelve Days of Krampus - HellJacket - 12-14-2013

So the ratings are in.

Grimm earned a 1.2 down 25 percent from last week's 1.6 adults 18-49 rating. A second Grimm at 10PM scored a series low 1.1 adults 18-49 rating, even with the 1.1 Dracula earned in the time period last week. The two hour average was a 1.2 adults 18-49 rating.
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/12/14/tv-ratings-friday-grimm-falls-hawaii-five-0-nikita-the-carrie-diaries-down-shark-tank-steady/222501/

Yeah, that's a pretty bad drop. Maybe everyone thought last week would be the season finale, and were disappointed. I really don't look forward to see what the January 3rd episode brings in, ratings wise.

If Grimm does drop into the low 0.9 and 0.8s, Season four will be it's last.

RE: S03E08 - Twelve Days of Krampus - pale boy - 12-14-2013

I wonder if people found the two-hour length daunting.

But looking here -- 13 December 2013 Ratings (same link, I know)

-- lot of the numbers are down for ratings across multiple channels and shows ... so maybe something was just weird about this Friday. (I don't know if the 2nd Hobbit movie could make that much of an impact, though. Could just as well be the holiday season cutting down on viewers or that the Grimm episodes weren't interesting to people.)

RE: S03E08 - Twelve Days of Krampus - Nic118 - 12-14-2013

(12-14-2013, 12:22 AM)pale boy Wrote: This one was a bit more exciting than the first, in terms of Wesen action. Krampus has always given me the chills. I also really liked that the Krampus guy didn't know what he was doing, since that means not all Wesen are exactly alike.

Is Krampus really Wesen, though? I got the feeling that he was more of a spirit like La Llorona or a manifestation of human need, like El Cucuy. I know some people probably like the fact that they're not explaining what these entities are (yet), but I wish they'd just deal with it and move on. I did find it interesting that the guy didn't remember what he'd done. Seemed kind of lazy for Nick to just pass it on to the Wesen Council, though. How are they going to explain it to the parents of all those kidnapped kids when the prime suspect disappears from the police station?

RE: S03E08 - Twelve Days of Krampus - HellJacket - 12-14-2013

(12-14-2013, 01:48 PM)pale boy Wrote: I wonder if people found the two-hour length daunting.
But it wasn't a two-hour show, so much as it was two episodes back-to-back. If people had watched one hour and then said, that's enough Grimm for one night, the first hour would have been significantly higher, but that wasn't the case. Maybe some people logically came to that conclusion before hand, but I doubt it was that many.

(12-14-2013, 01:48 PM)pale boy Wrote: -- lot of the numbers are down for ratings across multiple channels and shows ... so maybe something was just weird about this Friday.
Actually, most of them were around their normal ratings. Shark Tank matched its same ratings from last week, and while most of the other shows were down, they were down slightly (10-15%). The problem is that Grimm went down 25%. That's a really huge percentage drop. Also, most of the CBS shows that were down haven't had a new episode in three weeks, unlike Grimm. A show's ratings in the middle of November may be very different from ratings in the middle of December. However, this is all just cherry picking facts.

(12-14-2013, 01:48 PM)pale boy Wrote: (I don't know if the 2nd Hobbit movie could make that much of an impact, though. Could just as well be the holiday season cutting down on viewers or that the Grimm episodes weren't interesting to people.)
I doubt it. The Hobbit made $23 million on Friday ($31 million minus 8 million after excluding the previous day's midnight showing). That translates to about 2.9 million people in the United States seeing The Hobbit sometime on Friday. The difference between a 1.6 and a 1.2 demo rating is about 440,000 people. Now, sure if every Hobbit viewer was a hardcore Grimm fan (and happened to be between the ages of 18-49), that would explain it, but I really doubt that's the case in a country with almost 300 million people. It's easy to find 2.9 million over the span of a entire movie-going day without having them all or even a high percentage be Grimm fans.

I think the real explanation for the drop is that last week had an overinflated rating. Given that many shows were having a mid-season finale that week, many people may thought this was the case for Grimm. However, that wasn't Grimm's mid-season finale.

So, an episode with an inflated rating + a meh episode = an underinflated rating for the actual Grimm season finale a week later. As always, the real test for ratings is the follow up episode. That usually answers the question about whether this data point represents a trend or an anomaly. I really hope it's not a trend.

RE: S03E08 - Twelve Days of Krampus - Revrant - 12-14-2013

This was shockingly dark for the show if you think about it, there may be more than one Krampus and if there is then these(Wesen?) creatures are out there kidnapping troubled, not necessarily "bad" or "evil", kids and then brutally murdering and devouring them in multiple places around the globe every year.

RE: S03E08 - Twelve Days of Krampus - Gretel Hanselsister - 12-15-2013

I like this episode - it was fun to see that boy in hospital paniking when he saw the hospital Santa Claus Tongue.

My favourite scene: Wu describing Krampus.
"He looked like something out of, and I quote, my worst drug-crazed, acid-induced flashback nightmare".

I don't like Christmas-decoration for which you need you own power plant. But this is so typically Monroe, in his house I love it and only there. And the Sängerknaben singing "Stille Nacht" in the background Big Grin. I liked the end with Rosalee on the couch, the cigar and the beer on the table.

I am eager to hear what exactly Renard wants to say to Adalind and I will have to wait till 2014.

Did Nick release this poor Santa Schakal he arrested at the Bratwurst-stall?

RE: S03E08 - Twelve Days of Krampus - droid327 - 12-15-2013

Meeeeh.....Krampus was fun, and I liked how all the Wesen knew about him since they're all kinda "old country", but I kept feeling like they were just stealing a page from Venture Bros with importing him Smile

They continue to explore Wesen ethics and morality...who deserves to die? Who gets to decide? What happens if you choose wrong? I think Nick was right in handing that one off to the Council; probably 50-50 they kill him anyway, but it'd weigh on his conscience too much either way if he made the call himself, and he has to be able to keep doing his job. I do think he was Wesen, not something "more" like La Llorona, but just the Wesen equivalent of schizophrenic. I wonder if there's a way to "de-Wesenate" someone; we know you can be de-Hexenbiested, maybe the Council will be able to "cure" him of his Krampusness without having to kill him.

I don't think they were really successful with Rosalie's Christmas thing...the way they set it up, it was a tragedy but not a trauma. She was 7; relatives die, you grieve them with your family and you come to terms with it. I don't buy that it permanently ruined Christmas for her. I don't buy that in the ~30 years since, she hasn't learned to cope...its not like you can avoid Christmas every year, if its such a trigger. If it was more recent, if it was someone closer than an aunt and uncle, if it was something that she witnessed herself, maybe then.

Everything in Austria....ugh, get on with it already. I feel like I'm just watching a bunch of random deleted scenes from a Jean Reno movie. What the heck is actually going on? Adalind's there, Sean's there...a bunch of spooky Europeans doing naughty naughty spy stuff. Verrat. Royal Houses. There's a bad guy now. Oh and two (three?) separate scenes of Adalind in her underwear. And poor Sebastien, I feel like he's putting more on the line than anyone and he gets treated like Charlie Brown Smile

RE: S03E08 - Twelve Days of Krampus - Gretel Hanselsister - 12-15-2013

(12-15-2013, 12:57 PM)droid327 Wrote: I do think he was Wesen, not something "more" like La Llorona, but just the Wesen equivalent of schizophrenic. I wonder if there's a way to "de-Wesenate" someone; we know you can be de-Hexenbiested, maybe the Council will be able to "cure" him of his Krampusness without having to kill him.

Very interesting! I think you could compare La Llorona with Krampus, both are ghosts, only Krampus has got an "host": the photographer from Salt Lake City. La Llorona just vanished at midnight, Krampus left his host. And they both had a specific date for appearing/disappearing.

(12-15-2013, 12:57 PM)droid327 Wrote: Everything in Austria....ugh, get on with it already. I feel like I'm just watching a bunch of random deleted scenes from a Jean Reno movie. What the heck is actually going on? Adalind's there, Sean's there...a bunch of spooky Europeans doing naughty naughty spy stuff. Verrat. Royal Houses. There's a bad guy now. Oh and two (three?) separate scenes of Adalind in her underwear. And poor Sebastien, I feel like he's putting more on the line than anyone and he gets treated like Charlie Brown Smile

Maybe the writers took their time to introduce new faces, characters, alliances. Besides of killing Breslau not too much happened so far. I like to think something big is going to happen - and I totally agree that Sebastien is not to be envied. A really loyal and trustworthy pal, he takes heavy risks and is treated badly in return.

a spooky, naughty, European Gretel Cool