Grimm Forum
Hidden Season/Episode Numbers? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Hidden Season/Episode Numbers? (/Thread-Hidden-Season-Episode-Numbers)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Hidden Season/Episode Numbers? - hustedcarl - 12-08-2013

While watching season 3 episode 05 (which is saved on my computer as "Grimm 305") I noticed that when Nick goes to the old lady's apartment, her door number is 305, which appears to be the season/episode number.

The door number is shown 36 minutes into the episode (with no commercial breaks).

Coincidence or are the writers sneaking in the season/episode numbers onto each show?

RE: Hidden Season/Episode Numbers? - Nic118 - 12-08-2013

It's intentional. They did it in "One Night Stand" (season 3, episode 4) as well. When Hank and Nick go to Jake's apartment to inform him that his roommate's dead, the number on the door is 304.

RE: Hidden Season/Episode Numbers? - Gretel Hanselsister - 12-08-2013

@hustedcarl Welcome to the forum!
Nice finding! That's really interesting. Idea

RE: Hidden Season/Episode Numbers? - HellJacket - 12-09-2013

(12-08-2013, 05:18 PM)hustedcarl Wrote: Coincidence or are the writers sneaking in the season/episode numbers onto each show?

It's probably not a coincidence, but it's also probably not the writers/directors. Art departments for tv shows/movies (or their equivalent) often put in Easter Eggs throughout a show/movie.

RE: Hidden Season/Episode Numbers? - Lou - 12-09-2013

"Lost" was really good at that kind of stuff. They were always sneaking "The Numbers" into episodes. They also used to like including Anagrams.

speaking of anagrams. I love the line in "Easy A"

Olive Penderghast: I just thought of the funniest thing. My name is an anagram for "I love".
Anson: What... what's an anagram?
Olive Penderghast: [stares in disbelief for a second before recovering] Look it up big boy.

RE: Hidden Season/Episode Numbers? - pale boy - 12-09-2013

(12-09-2013, 02:05 PM)Lou Wrote: "Lost" was really good at that kind of stuff. They were always sneaking "The Numbers" into episodes. They also used to like including Anagrams.

speaking of anagrams. I love the line in "Easy A"

Olive Penderghast: I just thought of the funniest thing. My name is an anagram for "I love".
Anson: What... what's an anagram?
Olive Penderghast: [stares in disbelief for a second before recovering] Look it up big boy.

File this under "things Pale Boy never notices until someone else points it out for him", heh. Tongue With Lost, I kept promising myself I'd look at the background stuff going on once in a while but never did. Now that I know Grimm is doing something similar with numbers, I'm going to refrain from looking up ones that happened in previous episodes or else I'll be at it all night. But I just know I'm going to be staring at everything but the actors come the next episode!

(Btw, Easy A is one of the funniest movies I've watched in the past five years -- and is really a "high school movie" instant classic. Which is even more amazing if you know that the man who wrote it never actually went to high school.)

RE: Hidden Season/Episode Numbers? - SvenJoli - 12-23-2013

I've noticed this anomaly also.

For example in Season 2 Episode 8 we have

[Image: 208.jpg]

and in Season 3 Episode 3 ...

[Image: 303.jpg]

RE: Hidden Season/Episode Numbers? - hustedcarl - 12-25-2013

So we're agreed that there is an easter egg hunt happening here.

208, 303, 304, 305 have all been found.

May I be so bold as to suggest that I keep some kind of ledger to keep track of what is found? Maybe a Grimm Facebook Episode Numbers Page with screengrabs such as provided by SvenJoli?

I collected panini stickers as a child, so I want all of them :-)

RE: Hidden Season/Episode Numbers? - Nic118 - 12-29-2013

(12-25-2013, 07:40 AM)hustedcarl Wrote: So we're agreed that there is an easter egg hunt happening here.

208, 303, 304, 305 have all been found.

May I be so bold as to suggest that I keep some kind of ledger to keep track of what is found? Maybe a Grimm Facebook Episode Numbers Page with screengrabs such as provided by SvenJoli?

I collected panini stickers as a child, so I want all of them :-)

Maybe a forum thread just for Easter eggs? It would be nice to have them all in one place for reference.

RE: Hidden Season/Episode Numbers? - SvenJoli - 12-30-2013

And another one ...

[Image: 203.jpg]