Grimm Forum
Nick &Juliette relationship? (season 1) - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Nick &Juliette relationship? (season 1) (/Thread-Nick-Juliette-relationship-season-1)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Nick &Juliette relationship? (season 1) - irukandji - 07-12-2018

And in the context of the show, would Adalind sporting an enchanted ring she hates eally keep Nick from proposing? I doubt it.

RE: Nick &Juliette relationship? (season 1) - FaceInTheCrowd - 07-12-2018

Don't know. My point was they could have been together for 20 years and still not have gotten married.

RE: Nick &Juliette relationship? (season 1) - dicappatore - 07-13-2018

(07-11-2018, 04:46 PM)syscrash Wrote: What I find interesting about all the answers is, none see Juliettes hesitation as the act of a rational thinker. He was holding a secret that would effect his and her life. Each comment sees it as Juliette rejecting Nick offer of marriage. To me it is one thing to know your spouse is a spy and not know anything about the nature of their missions. It is another to not even know your spouse is a spy until you are in danger. But just like the second time marriage came up, Juliette had to decide did she want to live in constant danger. I would wonder about someone who's answer was based on love, ignoring the danger. If one excepts the danger even if it is because they love them, that is different. That is an informed decision.
To me that is the bottom line about the entire Nick and Juliette proposal. Juliette actions where her wanting to make an informed decision. The comments read as if Juliette should have made an emotional decision. To me emotional decisions are the bases for repeated abuse. The most common answer in abuse cases is "but I love them"

Lets talk about rational thinking. Nick wasn't a spy but he was a cop. Cops do not indulge their spouses on all matters of their cases they work on. You marry a detective, you will experience lots of stuff they can't share.

Your example makes no sense what so ever. I could see your argument if they lived apart and would have moved in after the wedding. What would change in her living arrangement if she married. She was living with him years before the proposal and she lived years after it. How would marriage place he in more danger?

Curios, why is this whole point if Nick never married Adalind? I can see if it is used by eric as a gage in marriage success or failures. According to Kelly, they were still his mom and dad, married or not whiy is it a factor in the Nick and Juliette relationship.

RE: Nick &Juliette relationship? (season 1) - brandon - 07-13-2018

Nick was a policeman and could not devote all the time to Juliette not so much for the danger but for his occupations.
When it was the anniversary he left her alone because he was rescuing Monroe, was doing his job of watching over people.A firefighter must also do the same

RE: Nick &Juliette relationship? (season 1) - eric - 07-13-2018

(07-13-2018, 12:21 AM)dicappatore Wrote:
(07-11-2018, 04:46 PM)syscrash Wrote: What I find interesting about all the answers is, none see Juliettes hesitation as the act of a rational thinker. He was holding a secret that would effect his and her life. Each comment sees it as Juliette rejecting Nick offer of marriage. To me it is one thing to know your spouse is a spy and not know anything about the nature of their missions. It is another to not even know your spouse is a spy until you are in danger. But just like the second time marriage came up, Juliette had to decide did she want to live in constant danger. I would wonder about someone who's answer was based on love, ignoring the danger. If one excepts the danger even if it is because they love them, that is different. That is an informed decision.
To me that is the bottom line about the entire Nick and Juliette proposal. Juliette actions where her wanting to make an informed decision. The comments read as if Juliette should have made an emotional decision. To me emotional decisions are the bases for repeated abuse. The most common answer in abuse cases is "but I love them"

Lets talk about rational thinking. Nick wasn't a spy but he was a cop. Cops do not indulge their spouses on all matters of their cases they work on. You marry a detective, you will experience lots of stuff they can't share.

Your example makes no sense what so ever. I could see your argument if they lived apart and would have moved in after the wedding. What would change in her living arrangement if she married. She was living with him years before the proposal and she lived years after it. How would marriage place he in more danger?

Curios, why is this whole point if Nick never married Adalind? I can see if it is used by eric as a gage in marriage success or failures. According to Kelly, they were still his mom and dad, married or not whiy is it a factor in the Nick and Juliette relationship.
I do not gage getting married as a sign of success or failure. I have seen too marriages that failed and too many living together relationships that lasted for years to do that. I would say that Nick seems to be a guy who would like to be married and would judge it as a sucess. I am guessing-aren't we all-what may have or have not happened after 20 years.

RE: Nick &Juliette relationship? (season 1) - FaceInTheCrowd - 07-13-2018

Nick sucked at deception. Renard was sweeping his "off the books" activities under the rug as part of his scheme to groom Nick as his personal Grimm, but if Nick had been working under a conventional, by-the-book captain he would probably have been booted off the force before the end of S01. So we never once saw Nick think of telling Juliette that there were aspects of his cases that he couldn't discuss with her because they had to be kept strictly confidential.

There's a contingent of posters who just hate the idea that Nick and Adalind ended up together, so they keep throwing up the belief that their relationship couldn't possibly have worked. Of course, there's another contingent that feels the same way about Nick and Juliette and would be doing the same thing if they had ended up together. And there's probably another contingent that thinks Nick should've ended with nobody. No matter how the series ended, there'd be somebody griping about it.

(07-13-2018, 10:49 AM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: Nick sucked at deception. Renard was sweeping his "off the books" activities under the rug as part of his scheme to groom Nick as his personal Grimm, but if Nick had been working under a conventional, by-the-book captain he would probably have been booted off the force before the end of S01. So we never once saw Nick think of telling Juliette that there were aspects of his cases that he couldn't discuss with her because they had to be kept strictly confidential.

There's a contingent of posters who just hate the idea that Nick and Adalind ended up together, so they keep throwing up the belief that their relationship couldn't possibly have worked. Of course, there's another contingent that feels the same way about Nick and Juliette and would be doing the same thing if they had ended up together. And there's probably another contingent that thinks Nick should've ended with nobody. No matter how the series ended, there'd be somebody griping about it.

I also saw Nick doing stuff on the edge of being illegal. And anyone with the respect and love for their life partner indulging in such matters, would take that person down with them if they were ever exposed. Something no one ever gave Nick the credit by keeping secrets he was protecting Juliette.

RE: Nick &Juliette relationship? (season 1) - FaceInTheCrowd - 07-13-2018

(07-13-2018, 02:56 PM)dicappatore Wrote: I also saw Nick doing stuff on the edge of being illegal. And anyone with the respect and love for their life partner indulging in such matters, would take that person down with them if they were ever exposed. Something no one ever gave Nick the credit by keeping secrets he was protecting Juliette.

But that's not really something you can tell your partner that you're doing, is it?

RE: Nick &Juliette relationship? (season 1) - irukandji - 07-13-2018

(07-10-2018, 11:46 PM)WispyWillow Wrote: they're the only couple who'd stayed together after a failed proposal. had that ever happened on another show?

Do you believe people should break up their relationship based on a failed proposal, no matter what the reason for the refusal?

(07-13-2018, 03:53 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote:
(07-13-2018, 02:56 PM)dicappatore Wrote: I also saw Nick doing stuff on the edge of being illegal. And anyone with the respect and love for their life partner indulging in such matters, would take that person down with them if they were ever exposed. Something no one ever gave Nick the credit by keeping secrets he was protecting Juliette.

But that's not really something you can tell your partner that you're doing, is it?

Isn't that in the spirit of keeping secrets? How many times did Juliette question Nick about his work and she defaulted to infidelity instead of case sensitive police work? I can think of at least 2 off the top of my head.

Juliette's refusal of his proposal had more to do with her suspicions of his fidelity instead of Portland's crime incidents. When a partner is constantly questioning the others partner's baseless infidelity it is usually from guilt. Not my words but Dr. Phil.

(07-13-2018, 06:30 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(07-10-2018, 11:46 PM)WispyWillow Wrote: they're the only couple who'd stayed together after a failed proposal. had that ever happened on another show?

Do you believe people should break up their relationship based on a failed proposal, no matter what the reason for the refusal?

Not always. There could be many reasons. Family members un-accepting their partners. Financial situations. In my case, we ended up living 1200 miles apart. There are probably many more but in Juliett's case, trust, the basis of any meaningful relationship, was the deal breaker.