Grimm Forum
Nick &Juliette relationship? (season 1) - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Nick &Juliette relationship? (season 1) (/Thread-Nick-Juliette-relationship-season-1)

Pages: 1 2 3

Nick &Juliette relationship? (season 1) - WispyWillow - 07-10-2018

they're the only couple who'd stayed together after a failed proposal. had that ever happened on another show?

would they have ever gotten married based on their season 1 relationship?

nick's job encroaching on their relationship would have been enough to cause problems without him lying about the existence of grimm/wesen

RE: Nick &Juliette relationship? (season 1) - dicappatore - 07-11-2018

(07-10-2018, 11:46 PM)WispyWillow Wrote: they're the only couple who'd stayed together after a failed proposal. had that ever happened on another show?

would they have ever gotten married based on their season 1 relationship?

nick's job encroaching on their relationship would have been enough to cause problems without him lying about the existence of grimm/wesen

Well, you kinda answered your own question. She rejected his proposal.
1) The weekend getaway should have been focusing on their relationship, not the going-on's of the neighbors.
2) All that crap about things need to change was just that, BS. LE investigating crime and divulging it all with family members might compromise the case's integrity.
3) Her "let's wait attitude" was a false hope, since with time, the secrets would only increase, not decrease.

Given what I listed? The relationship was over after the proposal episode.

RE: Nick &Juliette relationship? (season 1) - eric - 07-11-2018

The relationships on the show: Renard and Catherine-not sure how long, not doing well before her demise, Renard and Adeline-again, not sure of duration, definitely not ending well, Monroe and Rosalee-from season 1 to 6, presumed to be good, Hank-4 wives, all ended in divorce, Nick and Adeline-apparently up to 20 years, apparently good, Wu no data Based on these odds, LEO's score 1 good, two poorly. Once Nick's mates knew his secret, they were okay until magic got in the way. Sounds better than the going rate for failed marriages/long term relationships in the US. Based on soap opera rates, way way better.Big Grin

RE: Nick &Juliette relationship? (season 1) - brandon - 07-11-2018

Juliette is 2 girlfriend of Nick.

RE: Nick &Juliette relationship? (season 1) - syscrash - 07-11-2018

What I find interesting about all the answers is, none see Juliettes hesitation as the act of a rational thinker. He was holding a secret that would effect his and her life. Each comment sees it as Juliette rejecting Nick offer of marriage. To me it is one thing to know your spouse is a spy and not know anything about the nature of their missions. It is another to not even know your spouse is a spy until you are in danger. But just like the second time marriage came up, Juliette had to decide did she want to live in constant danger. I would wonder about someone who's answer was based on love, ignoring the danger. If one excepts the danger even if it is because they love them, that is different. That is an informed decision.
To me that is the bottom line about the entire Nick and Juliette proposal. Juliette actions where her wanting to make an informed decision. The comments read as if Juliette should have made an emotional decision. To me emotional decisions are the bases for repeated abuse. The most common answer in abuse cases is "but I love them"

RE: Nick &Juliette relationship? (season 1) - irukandji - 07-11-2018

I would be willing to bet that after 20 years Nick and Adalind never married.

RE: Nick &Juliette relationship? (season 1) - eric - 07-12-2018

(07-11-2018, 09:11 PM)irukandji Wrote: I would be willing to bet that after 20 years Nick and Adalind never married.
In the last episode Nick takes off her ring. If he hadn't wanted to put one on her finger himself, why bother? Also he kept asking Juliette to marry, through thick and thin. Seems like the marrying kind, by then Adeline appeared to love him, in my eyes anyway-I admit to wearing rose colored glasses, helps my cranky vision. I also think Juliette was smart to refuse the first proposal, if someone is hiding something(he didn't deny it)iIMHO its best to wait.

RE: Nick &Juliette relationship? (season 1) - irukandji - 07-12-2018

(07-12-2018, 06:01 AM)eric Wrote: In the last episode Nick takes off her ring. If he hadn't wanted to put one on her finger himself, why bother? Also he kept asking Juliette to marry, through thick and thin. Seems like the marrying kind, by then Adeline appeared to love him, in my eyes anyway-I admit to wearing rose colored glasses, helps my cranky vision. I also think Juliette was smart to refuse the first proposal, if someone is hiding something(he didn't deny it)iIMHO its best to wait.

The ring was part of a spell that would hurt Adalind's children, at least according to Conrad. The fact that Nick would want to remove it to release her from the spell would be something that he would naturally want to do. To me, I never saw anything inclination in Nick that he was ever going to marry Adalind.

RE: Nick &Juliette relationship? (season 1) - eric - 07-12-2018

(07-12-2018, 11:06 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(07-12-2018, 06:01 AM)eric Wrote: In the last episode Nick takes off her ring. If he hadn't wanted to put one on her finger himself, why bother? Also he kept asking Juliette to marry, through thick and thin. Seems like the marrying kind, by then Adeline appeared to love him, in my eyes anyway-I admit to wearing rose colored glasses, helps my cranky vision. I also think Juliette was smart to refuse the first proposal, if someone is hiding something(he didn't deny it)iIMHO its best to wait.

The ring was part of a spell that would hurt Adalind's children, at least according to Conrad. The fact that Nick would want to remove it to release her from the spell would be something that he would naturally want to do. To me, I never saw anything inclination in Nick that he was ever going to marry Adalind.
Okay, you saw the scene one way, me another. 5 or so minutes later Little Nicky is wrapping up his entry, saying "Mom and Dad". That's how I saw it. No real proof they married , were still alive, or had the most horrible breakup in American history.Big Grin

RE: Nick &Juliette relationship? (season 1) - FaceInTheCrowd - 07-12-2018

Adalind had told Nick she hated the ring and what it represented. That might have been enough reason for him to remove it, i.e., it was all there was left that he could do for her now.

Also, there are plenty of non-traditional "mom and dad" familes here who don't opt for marriage. It's Portland.

There's probably a fairly good chance Nick and Adalind did eventually marry, but no definitive statement. From what we saw onscreen the Cascadia Subduction could've dropped the Burnside Bridge on Nick and Adalind and Diana and Kelly could've been adopted by another couple.