Grimm Forum
Grimm's powers - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Grimm's powers (/Thread-Grimm-s-powers)

Grimm's powers - Laigron - 05-28-2018

I recently rewatch the Grimm series and acident with the Jinnamuru Xunte and crashel-mortel make me think that Grimms are most powerfull being. My theory is whenewer grimm encounter something new and danger he "Evolve" like with superhearing or with slower metabolism and suspended animation (zombie mode). Because how could grimm kill hexenbiest is its so powerfull and can kill him with swing of hand. What if when grimm will be for long lime confront with hexenbest power make him immune to that. I also wonder that Nick dont get from Musai power beause juliette but because his grimm body evolve and he become imune. When Nick fight Akira Kimura he got beaten and suddenly he stand and easily overpower him therefore his body and fighting style improve "evolve" or Upgrade. Also we dont see another encounter with Musai so Nick could be immune to her power.

RE: Grimm's powers - New Guy - 05-28-2018

(05-28-2018, 10:11 AM)Laigron Wrote: I recently rewatch the Grimm series and acident with the Jinnamuru Xunte and crashel-mortel make me think that Grimms are most powerfull being. My theory is whenewer grimm encounter something new and danger he "Evolve" like with superhearing or with slower metabolism and suspended animation (zombie mode). Because how could grimm kill hexenbiest is its so powerfull and can kill him with swing of hand. What if when grimm will be for long lime confront with hexenbest power make him immune to that. I also wonder that Nick dont get from Musai power beause juliette but because his grimm body evolve and he become imune. When Nick fight Akira Kimura he got beaten and suddenly he stand and easily overpower him therefore his body and fighting style improve "evolve" or Upgrade. Also we dont see another encounter with Musai so Nick could be immune to her power.
Hello Laigron,
Welcome to Grimm Forum. There is a Grimm Wiki:
http://grimm.wikia.com/wiki/Grimm_Wiki
Where you can research all things Grimm. For example the page for Akira Kimura has this summary:
Quote:"Woman in Black"

Akira Kimura was hunting down the Coins of Zakynthos, flying to Portland, Oregon to receive information from Nathaniel Adams, a New York private investigator. After getting what he needed, he tore Adams' throat out and went to Renard, where he trashed Renard's home in search of the coins, killed Renard's maid named Patty, and held Renard at bladepoint in a violent interrogation. Threatened by Wu's intent to enter the condo, Kimura spared Renard and made his getaway. Subsequently, Kimura trashed Hank Griffin's home and Nick Burkhardt's house, where he was caught when Nick returned.

Kimura dodged Nick's crossbow bolt containing Schlaftrunk, but Nick beat him up badly, and Kelly Burkhardt stabbed him with her switchblade, stunning him. Later, Kelly injected him with something to knock him out.
The action scenes are a huge reason why I enjoy Grimm.
Best!
N G

RE: Grimm's powers - dicappatore - 05-28-2018

(05-28-2018, 10:11 AM)Laigron Wrote: I recently rewatch the Grimm series and acident with the Jinnamuru Xunte and crashel-mortel make me think that Grimms are most powerfull being. My theory is whenewer grimm encounter something new and danger he "Evolve" like with superhearing or with slower metabolism and suspended animation (zombie mode). Because how could grimm kill hexenbiest is its so powerfull and can kill him with swing of hand. What if when grimm will be for long lime confront with hexenbest power make him immune to that. I also wonder that Nick dont get from Musai power beause juliette but because his grimm body evolve and he become imune. When Nick fight Akira Kimura he got beaten and suddenly he stand and easily overpower him therefore his body and fighting style improve "evolve" or Upgrade. Also we dont see another encounter with Musai so Nick could be immune to her power.

First, welcome to the Forum. Second, you are so on the point. I also mentioned on other threads about Nicks evolution and making him a better adversary even with Hexenbiest. I also recall his enhancements with the guy that fed on women tears from crying in sorrow was more of biological effects.

His hearing increased ability was a result of being temporarily blinded. I remember Nick and Monroe practicing with Nick as a batter while Monroe was chucking stuff at him while blindfolded. Not only it improved his hearing, he was able to triangulate the position of the object, using sound better that a bat.

A bat has to send out a screeching sound for it to triangulate the position of an object, like sonar. Nick did it just by the sound of the moving object

RE: Grimm's powers - brandon - 05-29-2018

It could be that Nick had the power of the musai ,that the reaction would not drive a woman crazy, but that she would change and feel empathy.
Nick, it would be that with fights and attacks, your body changes.
There are cases when a child suffers from asthma and when growing it exceeds.
You also have to take into account that Nick was never trained from a young age like was with his aunt and mother, learned maybe fight when entered the police academy.

RE: Grimm's powers - Robyn - 05-29-2018

Defeating Zerstörer required four Grimm working simultaneously. Nick nor Trubel could defeat him on his/her own. I don’t remember if there was a Nick and Trubel vs. Zerstörer fight scene. Nick appeared unable break Juliette’s hold on him in the Spice Shop, and their later fight didn’t make things more clear because Nick had given up emotionally, which prevented them from having a full scale fight to the death. And that’s a pity. If the plan was to technically kill off Juliette so she could become Eve, why not demonstrate that Nick could defeat Juliette’s heightened powers, and that he was mentally capable of doing so if necessary.

Equally interesting, to me anyway, would have been Juliette’s spell heightened powers pitted against Diana’s (assumed) ritual heightened powers. Juliette failed against Bonaparte, and we didn’t actually see Diana directly confronted by anyone with powers even remotely matching hers. I would have enjoyed the writers bringing Diana’s storyline to fruition by having her physically involved in taking down Zerstörer. After all, the reason behind Kelly taking her was to ensure her capacity for great good or great evil was influenced positively. Diana breaking free of Zerstörer’s hold and choosing to stand with the Grimms would have confirmed Kelly’s theory.

RE: Grimm's powers - Laigron - 05-30-2018

Well. All are interesting notes. I dont want to discuss other theories much yet. Until my original will be depleted. Big Grin but fight with Zoester and stick behavior make me wonder that zeoster was originaly Grimm. Thats why he need Grimm to leave the mirror dimension. And thats why staff were complete when nick pick it. But back to evolution theory.

RE: Grimm's powers - dicappatore - 05-30-2018

In reply to some of the contributors, again, it must be my simplistic mind not to making a mountain out of a molehill. I am not talking about the epic fight at the end with the "Z" guy but the analysis of the whole purpose of the fight and Nick's coming to terms with himself.

Nick did not revive anyone at the end because no one died. It was all in his mind or another dimension, that other place or what ever place you wish to choose. Thats not the point. Where it all took place doesn't matter. The point of that whole arc was the "Z" guy needed the stick to complete the staff. But he could not just take it, it had to be given willingly to him.

To force Nick to hand it over willingly, he sets up a scenario where he kills all the people that meant something to Nick one at a time, almost in the order of their importance to him. In the end, Nick did win the fight with the blood of his Grimm. Remember, Trubel never saw his mom and aunt, because they were there in spirit, mind, essence, what ever term you wish to choose but never there physically. They were DEAD!

Nick could have still lost the fight but as my analysis goes even the "Z" guy knew, winning the fight would not get him possess the stick. That is why he couldn't just kill him and take it. It had to be given to him. Which is probably how, in the past, he got all the rest of the pieces to put that stick back together from the previous people or even other Grimms.

That is why they all come back in the end. He did not revive anyone. The "Z" guy dies, Nick has a little chat with his inner self transmuted as his mother and aunt. When Trubel shows up, she even tells him is was just them two, not four. And Yes, so was Trubel sucked into that world with him. And, YES, Diana was aware of them Grimms.

Next scene, the "Z" guy body breaks apart into many pieces and opens the portal and they all get sucked out of that other world and into this world, where everyone was alive. They never left, only Nick and Evette left. Go back to that scene. The only two that come through is Nick and Evette, no one else. Why? Because them two were the only ones that went there. The "Z" guy never came to Portland and there was no scene of Nick waving the staff on anyone that was revived because they were never dead.

Diana's words, "Nick, he did not come back through". Nick never came trough after the first time when he followed Evette into that other place. That whole scenario took place in either Nicks mind or another time line or dimensional world. Does it even matter where it took place. What matters is how it took place.

This is how Nick was elevated to a higher level of being a Grimm. He was never just another Grimm. This is why all this malarkey about whom the kids refer to whom as their father or who owned the land or the "Hat" in the new trailer is just that, malarkey. Yes, it is that simple. /Bow

RE: Grimm's powers - Laigron - 05-30-2018

(05-30-2018, 01:35 PM)dicappatore Wrote: In reply to some of the contributors, again, it must be my simplistic mind not to making a mountain out of a molehill. I am not talking about the epic fight at the end with the "Z" guy but the analysis of the whole purpose of the fight and Nick's coming to terms with himself.

Nick did not revive anyone at the end because no one died. It was all in his mind or another dimension, that other place or what ever place you wish to choose. Thats not the point. Where it all took place doesn't matter. The point of that whole arc was the "Z" guy needed the stick to complete the staff. But he could not just take it, it had to be given willingly to him.

To force Nick to hand it over willingly, he sets up a scenario where he kills all the people that meant something to Nick one at a time, almost in the order of their importance to him. In the end, Nick did win the fight with the blood of his Grimm. Remember, Trubel never saw his mom and aunt, because they were there in spirit, mind, essence, what ever term you wish to choose but never there physically. They were DEAD!

Nick could have still lost the fight but as my analysis goes even the "Z" guy knew, winning the fight would not get him possess the stick. That is why he couldn't just kill him and take it. It had to be given to him. Which is probably how, in the past, he got all the rest of the pieces to put that stick back together from the previous people or even other Grimms.

That is why they all come back in the end. He did not revive anyone. The "Z" guy dies, Nick has a little chat with his inner self transmuted as his mother and aunt. When Trubel shows up, she even tells him is was just them two, not four. And Yes, so was Trubel sucked into that world with him. And, YES, Diana was aware of them Grimms.

Next scene, the "Z" guy body breaks apart into many pieces and opens the portal and they all get sucked out of that other world and into this world, where everyone was alive. They never left, only Nick and Evette left. Go back to that scene. The only two that come through is Nick and Evette, no one else. Why? Because them two were the only ones that went there. The "Z" guy never came to Portland and there was no scene of Nick waving the staff on anyone that was revived because they were never dead.

Diana's words, "Nick, he did not come back through". Nick never came trough after the first time when he followed Evette into that other place. That whole scenario took place in either Nicks mind or another time line or dimensional world. Does it even matter where it took place. What matters is how it took place.

This is how Nick was elevated to a higher level of being a Grimm. He was never just another Grimm. This is why all this malarkey about whom the kids refer to whom as their father or who owned the land or the "Hat" in the new trailer is just that, malarkey. Yes, it is that simple. /Bow

That make strangely sense. I myself wonder that fight with Z should decide if he come to Portland. Basicaly if Nick lose and give him stick Z would be able to come to portland but because nick win and kill the Z guy then Z guy died in space between dimesions - Void (yes DW reference). Next think i wonder how Z guy get the staff to mirror dimension when stick can't go.

RE: Grimm's powers - dicappatore - 10-24-2018

(10-24-2018, 01:02 PM)fighter13 Wrote: its an instinct to find evil/or negative energy!faster reaction time strength ,also what they did not show is incredible appetite after fighting ,and endurance no eating when they cant.so basically grimm are the black sheep of the family,the natural balance to different wesen abilities.if you notice grimm and wesen have a choice to be good or evil,most wesen or psychic/supernatural power users get arrogant,mask superiority complex with narcissism.i believe grimm have instinct to fight evil,they feel angry when they know there is a bad wesen ,in fighting they are aggressive fearless,they are not to shy away from violence if the other party chooses to!as you see nick is also a humble guy,down to earth,if you get carried away with wesen powers and abuse it,they humble you!if you notice they can only fight when attacked or need to stop someone,the harder they get hit the harder they fight.most wesen are manipulated that grimm are evil misconception,by the royals who used their ability for their gain,and most bad wesen dont like grimms because they keep them in check.i believe grimm are also wesen,as often described as the black sheep of the family!also grimms are kept apart from uniting,or were also ganged up against by all wesen who didnt want to live balanced,use their powers to oppress,ofcourse the same can be said for grimms who abused their powers.ofcourse in nicks case he is a normal dude humble,he is immediately hated once he gets his powers attacked,or wesen frightened by him and he is the nice guy.ofcourse by now this day and age you dont know what freaky dna manipulation has been done to combine all wesen and grimm power for the royals use.this is not fantasy its the truth!if everyone hates you and you have done nothing wrong you are a grimm!if you have sense to right wrongs and evils you are a grimm,if you have freakish appetite speed strength reactions!this show explained my life,and if you are into freaky shit,pedophilia human sacrifice torture consumption of human flesh i will come for you.most wesen are unstable evil,only behave if there is fear ,some are humble.if you dont behave a grimm will come to put you on the straight and narrow.BASICALLY A GRIMM IS ANYONE WHO STANDS UP TO BULLIES AND WHAT IS WRONG!a strong natural grimm is an outcast,Its not my fault you cant hold your form in my presence,or feel fear for the evil you have done what is coming to you and have no intention of changing for the better!notice nick was called to defend and fight the good fight!the others always be starting fights dont like to be reminded someone there if he starts something will finish it!for the longest time i couldnt understand the rage i used to feel,around evil beings.or the look of fear or being outcast.im coming for you royalty !higher bloodline wesen are in underground cities and hiding in castles and skyscrappers,i will come to wipe that evil smirk of you hybrids and your ancestors/aliens whatever God Willing.as a grimm dont be triggered,they only condone grimm action and instinct for their purpose to keep others in check in the heirarchy ,they dont like grimm acting out of his will and instinct!boo,and shame on you programming your kids to fear and hate and your evil ancestral rituals.you might say grimms have a neck/head fetish.if you dont use your head for good or what is right then it has no right to be on your neck and above your shoulders.
(of course this is all hypothetical what a real grimm if they existed would say)
now im hungry whose hungry!
nothing wrong in standing up to bullies in your life and society!that is what a grimm means to me,be a grimm!dont be grim about it,do it happily and joyfully.Anger is just for you to standup against the wrong,the best grimm is the calmest in a fight,one way to be calmn is in a fight as long as you fight for what is right others or self defense no way will a grimm(good wesen/human whatever) loose or backdown.im soo hungry all of a sudden!
so the analysis of power goes way more than abilities for any creature,the more good you are willing to do the more abilities you will have.that is what i take from the show,good wins over evil all the time!

i think what nick did as a good person is defend the weak stop the bullies,unite and bridge gaps between other cultures/species/people challenged wrong mindsets and perceptions.HAVE NO FEAR THE GRIMM IS HERE!I THINK THAT IS THE GREATEST ABILITY TO STOP VIOLENCE THOSE WHO ONLY RELY ON IT AND TO UNITE ALL AND BE IN HARMONY,LEAD BY EXAMPLE EVEN THE WORST CAN CHANGE FOR THE GOOD,BY CHALLENGING AND FIGHTING THE SYSTEM OF TYRANNY AND ABUSE FOR BENEFIT OF THE FEW.SO GRIMM OR NOT NICK DID WHAT HIS HEART WANTED,HE WANTED TO DO GOOD.HE CHALLENGED A SYSTEM AND SAID I WONT JOIN IT TO ABUSE AND BULLY,BRING IT!
SO MOST PEOPLE JUST RELY ON KNOWN POWER OR ABILITIES ,HOLDING A DROP OF WATER THINKING IT IS THE OCEAN ,WHILE THEY LOOSE ACCESS TO THE OCEAN.

Yea, what he said.

BTW, Welcome to the Forum