Grimm Forum
when did adalind stop wanting a romantic relationship with renard?l - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: when did adalind stop wanting a romantic relationship with renard?l (/Thread-when-did-adalind-stop-wanting-a-romantic-relationship-with-renard-l)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

when did adalind stop wanting a romantic relationship with renard?l - WispyWillow - 05-26-2018

when did adalind stop wanting a romantic relationship with renard?

RE: when did adalind stop wanting a romantic relationship with renard?l - Hell Rell - 05-26-2018

Adalind's feelings probably didn't go away overnight but I think she stopped wanting that once he and her mom disowned her. Even she realized romance was out of the question at that moment and never looked back. Adalind only used Renard for personal gain from then on and she had to enjoy causing a lot of trouble for him in season 2.

RE: when did adalind stop wanting a romantic relationship with renard?l - dicappatore - 05-26-2018

(05-26-2018, 08:01 PM)Hell Rell Wrote: Adalind's feelings probably didn't go away overnight but I think she stopped wanting that once he and her mom disowned her. Even she realized romance was out of the question at that moment and never looked back. Adalind only used Renard for personal gain from then on and she had to enjoy causing a lot of trouble for him in season 2.

What HR said.

RE: when did adalind stop wanting a romantic relationship with renard?l - irukandji - 05-27-2018

I think Adalind continued to not only want a romantic relationship with Renard, but to gain back what she perceived as his respect. I believe that's part of the reason why she was so keen on getting her hexenbiest back, and at the same time ridding herself of her baby by making money from it.

What I think soured her love for Renard was Diana's birth.

RE: when did adalind stop wanting a romantic relationship with renard?l - Robyn - 05-27-2018

It’s been awhile so I may not remember a conversation of baby for cash, but I thought the only reason Adalind got pregnant was because Stefania bartered a royal baby for the Hex ritual. Regardless, at that point in Adalind’s life maternal instincts were alien to her.

I agree, Adalind’s turning point with Renard and the kind of life she’d lived came with Diana’s birth. I didn’t interpret her fleeing to Renard in S3 as indicating her desire to be with him, just that he was her only possible source of protection from the Grimms and their friends.

That said, I think it’s highly likely that Adalind’s feelings for Renard would have been reenergized had he protected her and Diana from the Grimms and the Royals in S3.

RE: when did adalind stop wanting a romantic relationship with renard?l - dicappatore - 05-27-2018

(05-27-2018, 07:46 AM)Robyn Wrote: It’s been awhile so I may not remember a conversation of baby for cash, but I thought the only reason Adalind got pregnant was because Stefania bartered a royal baby for the Hex ritual. Regardless, at that point in Adalind’s life maternal instincts were alien to her.

It's been a while for me also but wasn't her pregnancy the result of Adalind's action to relieve Sean's infatuation for Juliette?

Was Adalind's planning to get pregnant by a royal or was it unplanned.

Did she go to Europe for the sole purpose to exchange a royal baby for her to live the life of luxury?

Was her secondary option to exchange her baby using Stefania as a broker to help her get her Hex back?

Were these circumstances all deliberately planned by Adalind or were they just a series of opportunities that presented themselves as the arc progressed?

RE: when did adalind stop wanting a romantic relationship with renard?l - syscrash - 05-27-2018

She went out of he way to sleep with Sean. She was then shown taking a pregnancy test and being happy. Off to Veinna where she threatened to abort the baby unless she got her powers back.

RE: when did adalind stop wanting a romantic relationship with renard?l - Robyn - 05-27-2018

That's the way I remember it. Adalind sought out someone who could help her be a Hexenbiest again and trading a Royal baby bought her access to the ritual. I'm not sure Adalind was concerned with money and luxury at the time. She wasn't interested in selling the baby, only trading it for a Hexenbiest.

RE: when did adalind stop wanting a romantic relationship with renard?l - dicappatore - 05-28-2018

(05-27-2018, 05:43 PM)Robyn Wrote: That's the way I remember it. Adalind sought out someone who could help her be a Hexenbiest again and trading a Royal baby bought her access to the ritual. I'm not sure Adalind was concerned with money and luxury at the time. She wasn't interested in selling the baby, only trading it for a Hexenbiest.

Like I said, I didn't recall much from that arc. I do remember her reporting to Eric that Sean did not get the key. I can remember the arc was spread out over a few episodes during the same time Juliette was going through her Nick illusions. I also remember Adalind and Stefania were talking about cash value for the baby. That is why I posted questions because I wasn't sure.

RE: when did adalind stop wanting a romantic relationship with renard?l - Robyn - 05-28-2018

(05-28-2018, 01:04 AM)dicappatore Wrote:
(05-27-2018, 05:43 PM)Robyn Wrote: That's the way I remember it. Adalind sought out someone who could help her be a Hexenbiest again and trading a Royal baby bought her access to the ritual. I'm not sure Adalind was concerned with money and luxury at the time. She wasn't interested in selling the baby, only trading it for a Hexenbiest.

Like I said, I didn't recall much from that arc. I do remember her reporting to Eric that Sean did not get the key. I can remember the arc was spread out over a few episodes during the same time Juliette was going through her Nick illusions. I also remember Adalind and Stefania were talking about cash value for the baby. That is why I posted questions because I wasn't sure.
No, I get it, I had the same uncertainties about my recollections. And IIRC now, Stefania offered money, but Adalind was only interested in getting those Hex powers. Where'd she'd live and how she'd support herself were problems to worry about later.