Grimm Forum
In "The End" final scene where is Juliette? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: In "The End" final scene where is Juliette? (/Thread-In-The-End-final-scene-where-is-Juliette)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

In "The End" final scene where is Juliette? - New Guy - 05-26-2018

Hi Forum,
Here is the script from the final scene:
Quote:[suspenseful music] Where did this come from? He didn't know what to tell them.
But this time Zerstoerer did not come through the mirror anywhere in the world Because in the final, epic battle with the terrible beast from the Other Place, Nick Burkhardt discovered that the only way to defeat such evil was with the strength of his blood, his Aunt Marie, his mother Kelly, and Trubel, his third cousin on his mother's side the power of our ancestors.
And though the people of our world would never know how close they had come to hell on Earth, we knew, because he never turned away from who he was, a Grimm.
And for that reason, the world was changed.
Some will say it's just myth, legend, or fairy tale, but I know it's true because my father told me so.
Kelly, come on.
- I'm almost done.
- Let's go.
- Diana.
- Hurry up.
I'm coming.
Mom and Dad are waiting.
We've got Wesen to kill.
The triplets are coming, too.
Yeah.
What's taking you so long? [tense music]
The dialog is between Kelly and Diana. Kelly is making an entry in the Grimm book about how the Grimms defeated Zerstörer and saved all humanity.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owaq_tIdnMk
Note the absence of FrankenEve in the battle. Note that she is not even mentioned in the final scene.
Does her absence raise questions?
Why did G&K bring her back? Why not just leave her dead and use the funeral scene? (Wishful thinking! LOL Big Grin)
So what became of FrankenEve?
Dead or Alive?
Living in Portland or where?
If alive is did she return to a practicing DVM? Did she remain an assassin?
If dead, did she die of natural causes or was she killed? If she was killed, who did it?
Some have created Fan Fiction so if you want to write your tale, please take a shot at creative prose. To get started, take the above poll.
Best!
N G

RE: In "The End" final scene where is Juliette? - irukandji - 05-26-2018

She's alive. It was supposed to be a happy ending for all of the characters. After being an HW operative and superhexenbiest, she was no longer content to be just another wesen DVM. Eve went to medical school, being naturally resilient to the stresses of school and internship. In a very short time, she earned her doctorate along with many other medical accolades for her work with the armed forces, organics and the prevention of disease. Being so connected with the earth, it was a natural for her. By the end of the story, she was the first wesen to become Surgeon General.

The scoobies are very proud of her accomplishments and often state fondly that they knew her "back when".

RE: In "The End" final scene where is Juliette? - Henry of green - 05-26-2018

(05-26-2018, 11:32 AM)irukandji Wrote: She's alive. It was supposed to be a happy ending for all of the characters. Not content to be an average DVM wesen, after being an HW operative and superhexenbiest, Eve went to medical school and earned her doctorate. By the end of the story, she was the first wesen to become Surgeon General.

Irk, I agree with you she is very much alive as the writers strongly hinted she was in interviews. Also the ending was suppose to be a happy one so I highly doubt she would be dead and nothing about the ending hinted at her death.
I also like you see Eves future as a happy one with filled with promise and now she appears to have found purpose in her life as a hexenbiest.

At the end of the final episode, we get the sense that Nick and Adalind are still together. Is that fair?

JK and DG: Yes, that's fair.

And obviously Monroe and Rosalee had the triplets, and are - hopefully - still together.

JK and DG: Yup.

What happened with some of our other characters? What happened with Renard and Eve and Trubel?

DG: Whatever you think happened to them!

JK: They all reformed a new kind of family, having fought evil together, I think they all came together with the reality that this war, this battle, will continue and they will fight it together.

DG: And whatever you think happened! It's supposed to live on in your mind! You the viewer. But it's quite probably true that they are all out there, fighting the good fight.

Was there ever any discussion or consideration of incorporating them into the epilogue?

DG: No, that would have been too much.

According to G&k above she is probably part of a new kind of family fighting evil and they also hinted in other interviews she was helping out the gang.

You know, Henry, even though the creative team hinted that Eve remained part of the scoobies, I think that she would have eventually looked upon that as boring. It's evident by the end of the series that there are too many people battling to go out with Diana and Kelly. I mean, does it really take a total of 7 with the time warping stick to defeat a few wesen? Is Eve really willing to wait in line until next time just for that?

She was a very special wesen, one that wouldn't come along again. Her talents were appreciated but I really see her moving on to bigger and better things.

RE: In "The End" final scene where is Juliette? - Robyn - 05-26-2018

I don’t see Eve sticking around either. There’s no reason to assume Eve didn’t regain the full scope of her Hex powers after the stick whammy, and she told Nick her life had purpose beyond day to day happiness.

Actually, I saw the stick whammy effect and the Eve/Juliette hybrid’s easy blend into the group as a backwards movement in the character’s progression. The show should have committed to reinventing Juliette, the girlfriend as Eve, the soldier and stood behind their new character rather than backtracking her to one of Nick’s admirers/followers.

RE: In "The End" final scene where is Juliette? - dicappatore - 05-26-2018

Unfortunately, as much as I want her dead, she is probably still alive. Even as a Hexenbiest, she still has to earn a living. Sure she can con or use her powers to get cash to provide her with a roof over her head and food on the table. Based on what we saw with the other Hexes, some had real jobs, like Adalind and some did not, like Elizabeth or Catherine.

She might have been a powerful Hex than most, but she was still a novice, compared to a Hex born as one with a parent to teach the Hex trade. Vets are not idiots but it doesn't matter how smart she was. She still had lots of catching up to someone like Elizabeth or Henrietta. Was Juliette still a Vet or a professional assassin? Who cares.

If there is a spinoff or a continuation of the same show, most likely she will be brought back in as a secondary supporting character, at best. I know some will fantasize her as a main character in her own spinoff. Given her fan base with the past show, she wouldn't even get a pilot, let alone her own series.

HW was no longer an entity. The FBI would not have hired her, they are a police force and have to get evidence by legal means, at least, we hope so. Now if she was part of a Black Op group, that would be a different story.

She never came across as the mother type, even before the change, as Juliette. She was definitely not the mother type as FrankenEve, Evette or Juliette 2.0. She sure was the auntie type. If she is still alive, she might have distanced herself from the gang but given how the show ended with her in good terms with them, she would have stayed in touch, especially with the kids.

RE: In "The End" final scene where is Juliette? - New Guy - 05-26-2018

Hi Forum,
Thanks for voting and posting comments.
I wonder how FrankenEve would vote? Note that the thread title and poll reference Juliette, not FrankenEve. I recall how in the final two seasons she (FrankenEve) referred to Juliette as another person. Would she claim that Juliette died? Would she confess that she was Juliette and that she (Hexenette) committed all those heinous acts? If she knew it was Nick (the man who loved her and proposed marriage to her; the man she attempted to kill) who with the aid of Momma Kelly (who she betrayed to death), Aunt Marie and cousin Trubel (who shot and "Killed" Hexenette) saved the world, would she remain in denial?
One poster speculated she became a renowned MD and "the first wesen to become Surgeon General." Perhaps she learned how to use her brain exploding powers as a neurosurgical technique? LOL!
What do you suppose Diana would do upon learning the truth about what happened when her "Other Mommy" brought her to Portland, took her into Nick's house, watched Kenneth and the Verrat thugs seeze her, heard Kelly die in agony, saw bloody Kenneth come back inside, nab her, put her in a car and drive off with her between himself and Juliette to meet King Freddy?
By the way, Henry posted some comments made by G&K, so have fun as you speculate:
Quote:What happened with some of our other characters? What happened with Renard and Eve and Trubel?
We know Diana survived and teamed up with Nick and Kelly, Jr. to kill Wesen.
Enjoy!
N G

RE: In "The End" final scene where is Juliette? - dicappatore - 05-26-2018

(05-26-2018, 01:55 PM)New Guy Wrote: Hi Forum,
Thanks for voting and posting comments.
I wonder how FrankenEve would vote? Note that the thread title and poll reference Juliette, not FrankenEve. I recall how in the final two seasons she (FrankenEve) referred to Juliette as another person. Would she claim that Juliette died? Would she confess that she was Juliette and that she (Hexenette) committed all those heinous acts? If she knew it was Nick (the man who loved her and proposed marriage to her; the man she attempted to kill) who with the aid of Momma Kelly (who she betrayed to death), Aunt Marie and cousin Trubel (who shot and "Killed" Hexenette) saved the world, would she remain in denial?
One poster speculated she became a renowned MD and "the first wesen to become Surgeon General." Perhaps she learned how to use her brain exploding powers as a neurosurgical technique? LOL!
What do you suppose Diana would do upon learning the truth about what happened when her "Other Mommy" brought her to Portland, took her into Nick's house, watched Kenneth and the Verrat thugs seeze her, heard Kelly die in agony, saw bloody Kenneth come back inside, nab her, put her in a car and drive off with her between himself and Juliette to meet King Freddy?
By the way, Henry posted some comments made by G&K, so have fun as you speculate:
Quote:What happened with some of our other characters? What happened with Renard and Eve and Trubel?
We know Diana survived and teamed up with Nick and Kelly, Jr. to kill Wesen.
Enjoy!
N G

NG, this would be my wet dream. In a spinoff and as a side arc, the recently Vet turned (cough) Surgeon General would come to Portland for whatever reason. The gang and Diana would greet her and in an embrace with Diana. Similar to Juliette's death grip in S6, Diana would see the whole event that led up and took place at the house from Juliette's perspective.

Diana would hold back to ingest all that took place. Conclude, like most of us did and hold Kenneth, the King and Juliette responsible for it all. The King is dead. Kenneth is dead. Whom is left? Juliette, in what ever version you wish to choose.

Diana would wait for the appropriate time and place to do her deed. Given the powers Juliette possessed that were above your average every day Hex. She would put up a good fight only to slow down her demise with increased horror and pain.

Her death, after a mandatory autopsy, would conclude she died from complications from a rare form of a Royal European hidden STD she had picked up from (You can fill in the name here) and was incubating in her for years

YEA, thats the ticket...

(05-26-2018, 01:55 PM)New Guy Wrote: One poster speculated she became a renowned MD and "the first wesen to become Surgeon General." Perhaps she learned how to use her brain exploding powers as a neurosurgical technique? LOL!

You know, it's funny, New Guy. Your initial post contained this request:

Quote:Some have created Fan Fiction so if you want to write your tale, please take a shot at creative prose. To get started, take the above poll

I assumed you were looking for serious discussion, yet it seems you were really looking for a vent in which to ridicule instead? If I'm wrong, I apologize, but it seems when you follow a statement with "LOL!" it rather defeats the point of your thread, don't you think?

I guess I'm wondering why anyone would put a fanfiction piece here if your only point is to add a poll to cover the real reason for the thread, which is to poke fun at posts.

RE: In "The End" final scene where is Juliette? - Hell Rell - 05-26-2018

I'm really getting the impression that this will turn into another bash Juliette thread. The topic of this thread should've led to unbiased answers but it really seems like that's not the case so far. That really can't be denied especially since I'm seeing questions that I have to assume are rhetorical. It's very apparent when Diana was being discussed and what she would do to Juliette, which I'm sure would be nothing, but I guess others feel differently.

I don't think Juliette is going to get a bunch of PhDs but I would believe that before I believed she would be attacked by Diana or get any type of retribution from anyone else. That would completely contradict the happy ending we got. If that were to happen, the epilogue would be seen in a whole different light. Particularly, if anything like that happened over the previous 20 years.