Grimm Forum
Wesens Like Living in Portland? - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Wesens Like Living in Portland? (/Thread-Wesens-Like-Living-in-Portland)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Wesens Like Living in Portland? - Lou - 12-22-2013

Good point, Droid. A lot of that ethnic centralizing has to do with relatives or people you know and business opportunities.
Jews moved to New York because they had an uncle there or a friend or they were in the diamond business.
That could have happened in Portland, too.
Or they just liked the climate.
Or.... it could be we just think there are a lot of wesen in portland - but really - there are a lot of wesen - everywhere.

RE: Wesens Like Living in Portland? - pale boy - 12-26-2013

Alternatively, maybe the presence of a Royal (Sean Renard) drew them, like moths to a wry bug zapper.

(I really want the Royal families to be something special and not just ordinary humans, so that's why this suggestion popped into my head.)

RE: Wesens Like Living in Portland? - GrimminFlorida1 - 01-03-2014

I believe the royals are like kings in the vessen community. They seem to know about all important events having to do with vessens. Could the Grimms and royals been one at some moment in time perhaps?

RE: Wesens Like Living in Portland? - Abc10 - 01-03-2014

(12-26-2013, 02:25 AM)pale boy Wrote: (I really want the Royal families to be something special and not just ordinary humans, so that's why this suggestion popped into my head.)

I don't think they are ordinary humans or Wesen. When Stefania took blood from Adalind's baby and examined it it turned blue. Grimms have a different kind of blood too because it can kill the Wesen-part of a Wesen (maybe not all Wesen but at least Hexenbiests) so that blue blood could be what makes the Royals different.
(Remember what Renard said in Twelve days of Krampus? : 'His blood gives him access to people that they need.')

Maybe it'll be explained this season Smile

RE: Wesens Like Living in Portland? - Elkhound - 02-06-2014

(12-22-2013, 12:53 PM)Lou Wrote: Or.... it could be we just think there are a lot of wesen in portland - but really - there are a lot of wesen - everywhere.

I think we are meant to think that there are a lot more wesen out there than we think--e.g., all the historical figures we are told were wesen; most just quietly live their lives.

In a way they are a stand-in for gays, Jews, Armenians, or other 'invisible' minorities--ones who can 'pass' for mainstream, but who are really 'other'.

RE: Wesens Like Living in Portland? - Fuchsbauer - 05-25-2014

I know I'm reviving an old thread, but I just decided to tell you guys this. I gathered up all the humans, Grimms, and Wesens seen in the show (two full straight days working on this) and here's what I got:
Humans - 59.88%
Grimms - 0.79%
Wesens - 39.39%

It seems like Wesen may take up half of the world's population.

RE: Wesens Like Living in Portland? - Elkhound - 05-25-2014

(05-25-2014, 09:54 AM)Fuchsbauer Wrote: I know I'm reviving an old thread, but I just decided to tell you guys this. I gathered up all the humans, Grimms, and Wesens seen in the show (two full straight days working on this) and here's what I got:
Humans - 59.88%
Grimms - 0.79%
Wesens - 39.39%

It seems like Wesen may take up half of the world's population.

Consider how many minor characters--people with only one or two lines--are Wesen of some sort!

As I mentioned on another thread, it is enough to make you speculate about people you know--might they be, and what kind if they are? (Is a really shy person a Mauzhertz? That man who's always tinkering with machines or always doing building projects, with a wife who is always quilting or doing needlepoint---could he be a Eisbeber? Etc.

Or characters on other shows. What if Barney on "How I Met Your Mother" were Zeigvolk? That would explain his behavior--and how he gets away with it.

RE: Wesens Like Living in Portland? - wfmyers1207 - 05-25-2014

On the practical side, I figure the production company chose Portland because it's a fairly large city with wilderness right outside the door, so to speak. Unlike most American cities, Portland has very little suburban sprawl.

Also, the countryside there can double for the Black Forest or the Alps, no prob. I've been to the BF, Alps and Cascades. It's remarkable how similar the countryside is. I'll bet that the episodes with Adalind, Meisner and the baby hiding out in the Alps were shot in the Cascades near Portland!

In the Grimm world:

I think wesen are drawn there because of the nearby wilderness that reminds them of the 'Old Country' and makes them feel more at home.

And the 'hellmouth' idea has merit. Perhaps the nearby volcano, Mt. Hood, brought up some "magical energy" from deep within the earth that draws wesen?

RE: Wesens Like Living in Portland? - Kilian - 06-09-2014

Ok im lazy to read all of them and maybe someone said it already, but you know how the wesen related stuff always is found with stupid explanations from us dumb humans ( I still love the egyptian god thing there) and that wesen are just all over the world and actually a legit big part of the world knows about them, and we do to... its just a small part of this is being filmed by NBC