Grimm Forum
Looking Back - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Looking Back (/Thread-Looking-Back)

Pages: 1 2

Looking Back - eric - 03-26-2018

The Grimm Forum(just Grimm subjects) has had 3191 threads with a total of 60,958 postings. The first post was 3-28-12, the most recent 3-19-18. For me its been fun sharing thoughts and seeing different views and ideas about my all time favorite show. I liked the dreams, the cliff hangers, how the characters changed over time. None of the main characters ever died died.Big Grin I know it will never come back but I'm glad it was there for 5 1/2 seasons. Just being nostalgic.

RE: Looking Back - dicappatore - 03-26-2018

(03-26-2018, 05:35 PM)eric Wrote: The Grimm Forum(just Grimm subjects) has had 3191 threads with a total of 60,958 postings. The first post was 3-28-12, the most recent 3-19-18. For me its been fun sharing thoughts and seeing different views and ideas about my all time favorite show. I liked the dreams, the cliff hangers, how the characters changed over time. None of the main characters ever died died.Big Grin I know it will never come back but I'm glad it was there for 5 1/2 seasons. Just being nostalgic.

Hey, looking back. Did I imagine a scene with Juliette working in a coffee shop, early on?

RE: Looking Back - eric - 03-27-2018

(03-26-2018, 11:37 PM)dicappatore Wrote:
(03-26-2018, 05:35 PM)eric Wrote: The Grimm Forum(just Grimm subjects) has had 3191 threads with a total of 60,958 postings. The first post was 3-28-12, the most recent 3-19-18. For me its been fun sharing thoughts and seeing different views and ideas about my all time favorite show. I liked the dreams, the cliff hangers, how the characters changed over time. None of the main characters ever died died.Big Grin I know it will never come back but I'm glad it was there for 5 1/2 seasons. Just being nostalgic.

Hey, looking back. Did I imagine a scene with Juliette working in a coffee shop, early on?
In one of the early episodes Nick went to a coffee shop, Juliette seemed to be working there. Maybe she graduated and got a job in her chosen field?

RE: Looking Back - Gretel Hanselsister - 03-27-2018

(03-27-2018, 07:40 AM)eric Wrote:
(03-26-2018, 11:37 PM)dicappatore Wrote: Hey, looking back. Did I imagine a scene with Juliette working in a coffee shop, early on?
In one of the early episodes Nick went to a coffee shop, Juliette seemed to be working there. Maybe she graduated and got a job in her chosen field?

Hi,
Juliette was at first supposed to be working at a bakery/coffee shop, but the writers decided later that she's a vet. The scene in episode one with Juliette in a coffee shop was deleted. So, you must have watched the deleted scenes ones Wink.

[Image: bakerybepxo.jpg]

RE: Looking Back - dicappatore - 03-27-2018

(03-27-2018, 10:19 AM)Gretel Hanselsister Wrote:
(03-26-2018, 11:37 PM)dicappatore Wrote: Hey, looking back. Did I imagine a scene with Juliette working in a coffee shop, early on?

Hi,
Juliette was at first supposed to be working at a bakery/coffee shop, but the writers decided later that she's a vet. The scene in episode one with Juliette in a coffee shop was deleted. So, you must have watched the deleted scenes ones Wink.

Thanks, been re-watching the series with my wife on the DVD set. I knew I seen that scene somewhere. I tried You Tube to look up and I get with "No longer available", including some of the links posted on these forums. Something about copyright infringement. I should check the DVD's.

Looking back, we just got done with S2 and breaking into S3. I did post a few comments here and there about some of the episodes. I was going to take notes and come back just to re-enforce my past opinions with the fresh facts as I watch the episodes but decided to not open up old wounds. No matter what I post, as facts, to support my take of the show, I am sure some will just re-hash their idiotic baseless counterpoints and it is just not worth it.

So, here I go, as my "yang" thumbs its nose at my "yin". and rehash some anyways. For example, that deleted scene as more proof of the house they lived in and whom it belongs to. I don’t think the original intent was for a police detective with a nice base pay and lots of overtime would be moving into a house that was owned by someone probably making minimum wage.

Thats it, poor that salt into some old wounds, I Love IT!

RE: Looking Back - eric - 03-28-2018

(03-27-2018, 01:04 PM)dicappatore Wrote:
(03-27-2018, 10:19 AM)Gretel Hanselsister Wrote:

Hi,

Thanks, been re-watching the series with my wife on the DVD set. I knew I seen that scene somewhere. I tried You Tube to look up and I get with "No longer available", including some of the links posted on these forums. Something about copyright infringement. I should check the DVD's.

Looking back, we just got done with S2 and breaking into S3. I did post a few comments here and there about some of the episodes. I was going to take notes and come back just to re-enforce my past opinions with the fresh facts as I watch the episodes but decided to not open up old wounds. No matter what I post, as facts, to support my take of the show, I am sure some will just re-hash their idiotic baseless counterpoints and it is just not worth it.

So, here I go, as my "yang" thumbs its nose at my "yin". and rehash some anyways. For example, that deleted scene as more proof of the house they lived in and whom it belongs to. I don’t think the original intent was for a police detective with a nice base pay and lots of overtime would be moving into a house that was owned by someone probably making minimum wage.

Thats it, poor that salt into some old wounds, I Love IT!
Okay, I'm curious and short on time to search my DVD set. What and where did you find it?

RE: Looking Back - Gretel Hanselsister - 03-28-2018

(03-28-2018, 07:03 AM)eric Wrote: Okay, I'm curious and short on time to search my DVD set. What and where did you find it?

Season one, Disc 6, extras, deleted scenes.
I have the German DVD set, I really hope there is no difference in where to find the deleted scenes... good luck!

RE: Looking Back - dicappatore - 03-28-2018

(03-28-2018, 08:24 AM)Gretel Hanselsister Wrote:
(03-28-2018, 07:03 AM)eric Wrote: Okay, I'm curious and short on time to search my DVD set. What and where did you find it?

Season one, Disc 6, extras, deleted scenes.
I have the German DVD set, I really hope there is no difference in where to find the deleted scenes... good luck!

WTF, In my version of the DVD set (USA) only had 5 disks for Season 1. I did find it under Bonus Features on Disk 5, Pilot Deleted Scenes.

What is also interesting is, on another deleted scene from the Pilot Episode is, the mailman/Blutbad that did those killings was Monroe's cousin. Its the deleted scene when Nick shows up at Monroe's front door the day following the little girl's rescue and Monroe comments on Nick still being alive, meaning his cousin was dead.

RE: Looking Back - brandon - 03-31-2018

On the channel's website there is transcripts-of the original pilot episode in which nick leaves the cafeteria

RE: Looking Back - FaceInTheCrowd - 03-31-2018

Early drafts of the pilot had "Juliette Lambert" owning and operating a bakery-cafe called "C'est La Vie."

https://imgur.com/fVUIbZP