Grimm Forum
Hexenbiestdom - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Hexenbiestdom (/Thread-Hexenbiestdom)

RE: Hexenbiestdom - FaceInTheCrowd - 07-21-2018

Maybe that's where Adalind got her maternal feelings from. She sure didn't inherit them from her own mother.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - irukandji - 07-21-2018

(07-21-2018, 05:33 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: Maybe that's where Adalind got her maternal feelings from. She sure didn't inherit them from her own mother.

This is an interesting thought, but I believe Adalind probably got her maternal instinct from her human ancestors, and not from a hexenbiest spirit.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - syscrash - 07-22-2018

Adalind is an example of losing her powers and suppressing her powers. Can any explain during any of these times what changed in her personality. One of the posters suggested Adalind comment showed a fear of losing control. That was never stated. she only said it changed her. Lets examine that. would you not think differently if you could toss someone with a wave of your hand. Like having a loaded gun, having powers would give you reason to be concerned that a rash decision could become deadly, especially if you are someone that is quick to lose their temper.

As a previous poster suggested. Juliette actions where more that of a scorned women then someone possessed. We saw her react violently towards her friends husband. So we know she has always had the capacity to react with violence. Some may say there is a difference between someone she knows and someone she cares about. Psychologist would disagree with that theory. Even statistics support the majority homicides are committed by those close to someone. Example spousal abuse.

If being a hexenbiest makes you violent, then what about Elizabeth, Catherine, Henrietta. Even with Frau Pech , Stafania was the one to kill someone. IMO The one thing they all did seem to have in common. They appeared to be covert in there actions and demeanor. But like Henrietta said, people used to burn witches so hiding their powers could be a reflect action.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - irukandji - 07-22-2018

(07-22-2018, 12:46 AM)syscrash Wrote: Adalind is an example of losing her powers and suppressing her powers. Can any explain during any of these times what changed in her personality. One of the posters suggested Adalind comment showed a fear of losing control. That was never stated. she only said it changed her. Lets examine that. would you not think differently if you could toss someone with a wave of your hand. Like having a loaded gun, having powers would give you reason to be concerned that a rash decision could become deadly, especially if you are someone that is quick to lose their temper.

This is what Adalind said:

Quote:You don't understand what it's like being a Hexenbiest-what it does to you, the way it makes you think and feel. It's not good.

I can't speak for anyone else, but that, to me, is an excellent description of being controlled.

(07-22-2018, 12:46 AM)syscrash Wrote: As a previous poster suggested. Juliette actions where more that of a scorned women then someone possessed. We saw her react violently towards her friends husband. So we know she has always had the capacity to react with violence. Some may say there is a difference between someone she knows and someone she cares about.

I can agree with this to an extent but for three things. One, Juliette was not the retaliatory type. If so, she would have gone after Adalind when she recovered from being poisoned. Two, burning the trailer isn't Juliette's style. Three, Adalind's statement. So who or what was in control? Juliette? The hexenbiest? Both?

(07-22-2018, 12:46 AM)syscrash Wrote: If being a hexenbiest makes you violent, then what about Elizabeth, Catherine, Henrietta. Even with Frau Pech , Stafania was the one to kill someone. IMO The one thing they all did seem to have in common. They appeared to be covert in there actions and demeanor. But like Henrietta said, people used to burn witches so hiding their powers could be a reflect action.

Do you really believe Elizabeth would have kindly asked Nick to move if he'd have gotten in her way when she was trying to save Sean? Or would she have thrown him out of the way to save her son? All of these were stylish women and IMO, with every single one of them, there was something about them that told the audience they were not to be messed with. You only have what comes to a brief snapshot of each. Can you really state with certainty that these were all peace loving women?

Of course the only other alternative is that Adalind was lying through her teeth and the hexenbiest actually was a benevolent entity. But that still doesn't explain Juliette burning the trailer or betraying Kelly. She had plenty of opportunities to seek revenge and she didn't.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - Waldfrau - 07-22-2018

I think for Hexenbiester the control question might not be that much different than for Bludbaden. We have seen Blutbaden controll their impulses and urges, we have seen some use them for their advantages, we have seen some loose control, we have also seen people who don't care to control their impulses and don't care who gets hurt.

I think with Hexenbiester it similarily depends on the personality and the effort one puts into impulse control. That's why we see so many different Hexen- and Zauberbiester (and also different Blutbaden etc.)

RE: Hexenbiestdom - brandon - 07-22-2018

I think it depends whatever person in question.
There are people who are more sensitive than others, who react worse to certain facts.
Saw as Juliette practice shot the first?
And it was his first time !. Impress Nick too.
I do not think ever shot before.
Juliette was deeply angry- season 4-

RE: Hexenbiestdom - Waldfrau - 07-22-2018

This got me thinking what the impulses and urges of a hexenbiest are...

With blutbaden this is not so difficult to imagine what their urges are: hunting, howling at the moon etc. Wink

For hexenbiester the urge might be something like control and power over others, revenge if someone crosses them...

RE: Hexenbiestdom - FaceInTheCrowd - 07-22-2018

The behavior characterisitcs described in the Grimm book and by Monroe and Rosalee suggest that the behavior model for hexenbiests is a cross between Clytemnestra and the Wicked Witch of the West.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - syscrash - 07-22-2018

Quote:Quote:
You don't understand what it's like being a Hexenbiest-what it does to you, the way it makes you think and feel. It's not good.

I can't speak for anyone else, but that, to me, is an excellent description of being controlled.
If being a hexenbiest controls you. Then what was different about Adalind before Tony compared with after Tony. Not much could have changed, Nick did not even know she was a hexenbiest again. I am not saying that hexenbiest are peace loving turn the other cheek types. They all show they know they are a force to be reckoned with. They just not shown having the need to prove it. They are not shown being a dominating force. They tend to prefer to work in the shadows, be covert. That is the biggest difference I see between zauberbiest and hexenbiest. Both zauberbiest had Alpha type personalities. Something we never say in the hexenbiest, even Eve, or Diana never showed the desire to want power and control.

The one thing I did notice is Adalind was not as arrogant when she did not have her powers. She was more constrained with Eric then she was with Sean. With her powers surpressed she was complient. Once they return she was empowered enough to walk into the mansion and make demands. Demands which she showed she had powers to back up. To me Adalind was saying with powers comes arrogance. Arrogance that has gotten her in trouble. That is what Adalind was scared of. That is what she was referring to, saying the hexenbiest would control her. I see it as had she not got her powers back, she would have never had what it takes to go to the mansion.

The reasoning given why Kelly wanted to hide Diana. Was because she was destined to be a great leader. A leader that could be for good or bad. Yet we never saw Diana having even the slightest indication of having an Alpha personality. What I find really ironic about Kelly's prediction. Every hexenbiest on the show was shown to be a solitary individual, that only did what they wanted to do. Eve was the only hexenbiest that was shown to take a side, willing to fight for something. Even to the end. Adalind was shown to maintain the me first attitude. Eve was shown to maintain a mission first attitude.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - brandon - 07-22-2018

Going to the mansion after she recovered his powers it is right. Because Adalind was going to face "others Wesen". They could look for an advantage that she was not is " Hexenbiest".
Remember that Juliette heard Bud and Trubel talk about guy, who knew that Nick was no longer a " GRIMM".
The attitude of a " Hexenbiest" is like that a cats: loners, selfish. Only when mate they walk together.