Grimm Forum
Hexenbiestdom - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Hexenbiestdom (/Thread-Hexenbiestdom)

RE: Hexenbiestdom - Waldfrau - 07-21-2018

(07-21-2018, 11:01 AM)irukandji Wrote: If Juliette didn't control the hexenbiest and the hexenbiest didn't control her, how then would there be a conflict?
If both personality aspects are at war with each other and fight for the control.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - irukandji - 07-21-2018

But doesn't that imply that Juliette was in control part of the time and the hexenbiest was in control the other part of the time? And if that's the case, how does the audience determine when the hexenbiest was in control and when Juliette was in control?

RE: Hexenbiestdom - Hell Rell - 07-21-2018

(07-21-2018, 11:07 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(07-21-2018, 11:03 AM)syscrash Wrote: I find it funny how people blame her being an hexenbiest for her reactions. In real life there are many cases of pissed off people destroying things their partner cares about. Where do you think the term Fatal Attraction comes from. A partner having a child with someone else is one of the biggest triggers for the need for revenge.

Well part of the problem with this is the series itself. Juliette was referred to as a hexenbiest.

The series did do this but I don't think they pulled it off well. I always thought Juliette's actions played into the "scorned woman" trope more than anything. The Hexenbiest wasn't controlling her because it seemed like she had pretty good control once she left Henrietta's place. I don't place any blame for her actions on an external influence. The Hexenbiest just gave her the power to do what she really wanted to do as herself.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - Waldfrau - 07-21-2018

(07-21-2018, 11:13 AM)irukandji Wrote: But doesn't that imply that Juliette was in control part of the time and the hexenbiest was in control the other part of the time? And if that's the case, how does the audience determine when the hexenbiest was in control and when Juliette was in control?

Well, after Kelly got killed she seemed to regret at least part of her actions, prior to that she also went back and forth about not wanting to be a hexenbiest and then wanting to be a hexenbiest, later she became Eve and then with the stick incident she changed her personality again...so this looks like a big internal conflict between the old Juliette and the new hexenbiest part of her personality.

I think the audience can determine it by her behaviour which personality aspect is in the front and which is in the background.

I'm not saying it's like a dissociative personality disorder, "only" a massive internal conflict between those two aspects.

(07-21-2018, 11:21 AM)Hell Rell Wrote:
(07-21-2018, 11:07 AM)irukandji Wrote: Well part of the problem with this is the series itself. Juliette was referred to as a hexenbiest.

The series did do this but I don't think they pulled it off well. I always thought Juliette's actions played into the "scorned woman" trope more than anything. The Hexenbiest wasn't controlling her because it seemed like she had pretty good control once she left Henrietta's place. I don't place any blame for her actions on an external influence. The Hexenbiest just gave her the power to do what she really wanted to do as herself.

But then not long after, Nick visits Henrietta and she indicates that Juliette is nowhere near her true potential.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - brandon - 07-21-2018

What powers use?
I do not think the trailer was proof of fire.
I do not use a spell to call Kelly nor to know who his neighbors.
Simply, she was tired of Nick the "GRIMM" and company. Angry about a situation that Nick did not know that would happen.
Believing that nobody would understand- of course, she did not give them any choice-.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - Hell Rell - 07-21-2018

(07-21-2018, 11:27 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(07-21-2018, 11:21 AM)Hell Rell Wrote:
(07-21-2018, 11:07 AM)irukandji Wrote: Well part of the problem with this is the series itself. Juliette was referred to as a hexenbiest.

But then not long after, Nick visits Henrietta and she indicates that Juliette is nowhere near her true potential.

I don't think Henrietta was talking about her personality. She was mainly testing Juliette for power. The test showed that she was far beyond an average Hexenbiest and would continue to grow in power. Juliette was on her way to becoming a Super Hexenbiest.

I also remember Adalind going to visit Henrietta and she asked her what she was teaching Juliette. She was more astonished at her skill level at the time. Adalind didn't talk about embracing the Hexenbiest until later.

(07-21-2018, 11:41 AM)Hell Rell Wrote:
(07-21-2018, 11:27 AM)irukandji Wrote: But then not long after, Nick visits Henrietta and she indicates that Juliette is nowhere near her true potential.

I don't think Henrietta was talking about her personality. She was mainly testing Juliette for power. The test showed that she was far beyond an average Hexenbiest and would continue to grow in power. Juliette was on her way to becoming a Super Hexenbiest.

I also remember Adalind going to visit Henrietta and she asked her what she was teaching Juliette. She was more astonished at her skill level at the time. Adalind didn't talk about embracing the Hexenbiest until later.

But then we have to wonder why Adalind would make such a statement about the hexenbiest being in control in season 5. It wasn't an off the wall remark because Adalind seemed terrified of the day when her hexenbiest would return. In my opinion, she seemed to fear that she would be out of control. Now, Rosalee was present during this admission and at that point and didn't argue the point.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - FaceInTheCrowd - 07-21-2018

Adalind was pretty much the closest thing there was to an expert on what happens when a hexenbiest loses her powers. Except that the first time it happened to her, the topmost thing on her mind was getting her powers back...

(07-21-2018, 12:29 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: Adalind was pretty much the closest thing there was to an expert on what happens when a hexenbiest loses her powers. Except that the first time it happened to her, the topmost thing on her mind was getting her powers back...

The only thing I can figure is that the first hexenbiest was a spirit that Adalind was born with, so it was natural to her. The loss of the spirit may have rendered Adalind desperate enough to seek another spirit at any cost. While Pech's spirit accepted Adalind, maybe it reacted differently than the one she was born with.