Grimm Forum
Hexenbiestdom - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Hexenbiestdom (/Thread-Hexenbiestdom)

RE: Hexenbiestdom - irukandji - 01-25-2022

(01-24-2022, 12:19 PM)FaceInTheCrowd Wrote: Probably classified them both as events not needing action because wesen involvement was limited to wesen, grimms and kehrseite-schlich-kennen. The multiple home invasions in Nick's neighborhood would undoubtedly have been big stories on the local news, but attributed to human perpetrators, like Kenneth and the verrat that Trubel killed. Maybe they did cleanup at Freddie's mansion and used the bodies to support some kind of gang war story.

Why do you suppose Rosalee didn't report Juliette to the council when she found out Juliette was a hexenbiest?

RE: Hexenbiestdom - FaceInTheCrowd - 01-25-2022

The council was never shown having any interest in wesen activity unless it was threatening to expose the existence of wesen to the world. Hexembiest Juliette blew up a car engine (cars blow up without magic), tried to kill Adalind (wesen-on-wesen crime, which the council never seemed to care about) and got arrested for assaulting a guy in a bar (she woged, which could be a reason to report her, but it was over in an instant and never seemed to get mentioned after it happened so Rosalee probably didn't hear about it).

Actually, what I was thinking about was the spice shop scene where the scoobies tried to get Juliette to drink the potion, and she refused. Juliette used her powers to throw Rosalie away from her, as well as getting Nick to point his gun at Monroe.

Nothing about that scene threatened to expose the existence of wesen to the general public. That's pretty much all the wesen council ever seemed to care about.

I disagree. Rosalee could see for herself what a danger Juliette could be to the general public.

However, I can see why she wisely chose not to contact the council, although I would have liked to have seen how she would explain to the council why the scoobies decided to try to entrap Juliette.

The council was never concerned about wesen attacking other wesen or posing a danger to the general public; only about the general public finding out about wesen. As long as wesen were keeping their woges hidden - or killing all the witnesses - the council was content to stay out of it. This was probably especially true for Portland, where there was a wesen police captain they were in contact with who was cleaning up small messes.

I understand that, but it's not what I am talking about.

Juliette was a human turned hexenbiest. She never gave a rat's behind who she was going to attack or where such an attack would take place. That was obvious when she blew up the car motor, dropped the statue when Adalind walked by, or blew out the lights in the bar.

I get that the wesen council had little cares for wesen upon wesen attacks or incidents involving Grimms. Juliette's attack during the attempted entrapment at the bar should have made it clear to Rosalee that this was more than a hexenbiest on a rampage. Juliette was an anomaly, a threat that could bring the whole wesen secret out in the open. Rosalee bugged the council for much less than the threat Juliette posed. It wouldn't have hurt her to let them know what was going down.

On the other hand, if the wesen council was just a useless figurehead with no plans for replacement should they happen to all be assassinated in one place, maybe it's just as well.

But then, I wonder what wesen would do when one among them runs among and reveals their secret to all.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - FaceInTheCrowd - 01-26-2022

Rosalee reported things to the council when she thought she didn't have another option. On one occasion, panicked wesen were mobbing the shop pleading with her to "do something," on another she reported something because it had been specifically tagged as a mandatory action and failure to report would be punishable and in more than one instance, because Nick decided to throw some issue he had no idea how to resolve over to them. The rest of the time, the council was described as a group you really didn't want to have to contact if you could avoid it.

The council's authority was based partly on the desire of peaceful wesen for someone who could "do something" about certain issues and partly on the fear small-time criminals had of the assassins the council sent when it decided to "do something." I think it would be fair to say that they were overconfident about their position in the wesen subculture, because after a large enough group of wesen decided to eliminate them as a roadblock to their plans they were never heard from or even mentioned again.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - dicappatore - 01-26-2022

(01-25-2022, 09:32 AM)irukandji Wrote: Another flocking dumb-arse mystery solved, yet my wife still thinks I am getting senile. 

She's right. Now why don't you do us a favor and spend some more time watching Grimm for the 100th go round. Be sure to get out your little toy fob replicas out so you can play along. What a buffoon.

And now, back to the ignore button.
Actually those Grimm Key Fobs are hanging next to my repro Crusader Sword.  Yes, it has a Red on White Templar Cross on the hilt as a (IMO) Crusader Swords should have.  Next to them my one handed crossbow is there too.  Unfortunately my one handed crossbow is a single shot.  Not a double or triple ones like in the TV Show's.

BTW, ignoring me will never resolve issues of some viewers, trying to apply real life logical solutions/arguments on a fantasy TV show.  But if you chose to be the devils advocate and do your best on trying to do so. 

My question is, how the hell can it be possible to apply real life situations and resolutions on a show encompassing over a 6 year span, lest not forget the addition screen time spent reminiscing past reflection of various characters on a TV series of 123 episodes with about 43 minutes each, which equates to roughly 88 to 89 days.  Also do not forget to apply the 6 year time span to all the main characters.  Given these FACTS, go for it.

Meanwhile I will be happy to go on your ignore list while I play with my Grimm memorabilia and my wife.   (Yea, she told me to add "THE WIFE" part).

PS:  I still think, based on my remembrance of the TV show's timeline, some of your argument are based on about the same time BC was on the rise and the Council was on the decline and eventually its demise.  As I recall, Rosalie did try to inform the Council about the symbol BC was leaving behind, while Juliette was on her rampage.  While Juliette was being re-educated into a weapon, into Eve by HW.  The council was long gone!

RE: Hexenbiestdom - irukandji - 01-26-2022

Why wouldn't the council care about Rosalee or what she has to say?