Grimm Forum
Hexenbiestdom - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Hexenbiestdom (/Thread-Hexenbiestdom)

RE: Hexenbiestdom - irukandji - 07-21-2018

(03-12-2018, 03:22 PM)syscrash Wrote: It is not illegal to destroy your own property. Take a house. as long as the bank does not own it you can bull doze it or do what ever you want. To burn it, the crime is not arson unless you are trying to claim the insurance. The crime would be endangering the properties next to the house. Because the trailer fire was in the forest. There could be a crime of endangering the forest because of the uncontrolled fire.

It could be considered arson, even if not claiming the insurance. That determination would need to be made by a trained professional, not Nick. Even then I think it would probably be difficult based on the fact that there was no electricity available to light the trailer. It was in a remote and hard to access location.

Marie may have rigged the trailer to take electricity, but she no doubt would have had lights that worked directly from the propane tanks when electricity was not available. If Marie kept the old Airstream fixtures in it, the fixtures would have required a match to light them, just as a match would be required to light the hot water heater and furnace. Juliette did not use accelerant and was careful enough to make sure the fire only destroyed the trailer and not the surrounding woods. She made the evidence seem more plausible that it was an accident, and not arson that destroyed the trailer.

I don't think a claim could be made on the trailer anyway. It wouldn't have been worth anything, and I think you're probably correct when you state that the registration was never transferred over to Nick's name.

The funny thing about all of this was Nick's reaction. I think he was shocked, but he certainly didn't show devastation at the loss of the trailer. For all of the hoopla over the diaries, I don't recall him referring to them all that often after the loss of the trailer.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - brandon - 07-21-2018

Maybe it was because weeping for spilled milk.
If you hurt other people, if there was a problem-the fire-.
Sure that only marie's car paid taxes,and that Nick gave it to Trubel.
Who knows where it would be,in hands of HW?

RE: Hexenbiestdom - Waldfrau - 07-21-2018

I think the shock about Juliette's behaviour was bigger than the shock about the burned trailer. He might have reacted differently if just wesen xy of the week would have burned down the trailer.

(07-21-2018, 07:20 AM)Waldfrau Wrote: I think the shock about Juliette's behaviour was bigger than the shock about the burned trailer. He might have reacted differently if just wesen xy of the week would have burned down the trailer.

But in Nick's reality, why would anything Juliette did up to that point be any different than that of any other hexenbiest?

I think it took him a while to get it into his had that Juliette wasn't his vulnerable girlfriend anymore but that he better should protect himself from her. If he could have imagined early how "corrupted" Juliette would become by her hexenbiest transformation he would have moved the trailer and warned his mother.

(07-21-2018, 08:29 AM)Waldfrau Wrote: I think it took him a while to get it into his had that Juliette wasn't his vulnerable girlfriend anymore but that he better should protect himself from her.

If going by the episode where Juliette acknowledged she was a hexenbiest, I think Nick got it into his head right away that Juliette was no longer his vulnerable girlfriend.

But this debate always raises a question that has polarized the forum from the date Juliette acknowledged she was a hexenbiest. Was it the hexenbiest who controlled Juliette or Juliette who controlled the hexenbiest?

(07-21-2018, 10:32 AM)irukandji Wrote: Was it the hexenbiest who controlled Juliette or Juliette who controlled the hexenbiest?
I think neither, that's why she had such an internal conflict.

If Juliette didn't control the hexenbiest and the hexenbiest didn't control her, how then would there be a conflict?

RE: Hexenbiestdom - syscrash - 07-21-2018

I find it funny how people blame her being an hexenbiest for her reactions. In real life there are many cases of pissed off people destroying things their partner cares about. Where do you think the term Fatal Attraction comes from. A partner having a child with someone else is one of the biggest triggers for the need for revenge.

(07-21-2018, 11:03 AM)syscrash Wrote: I find it funny how people blame her being an hexenbiest for her reactions. In real life there are many cases of pissed off people destroying things their partner cares about. Where do you think the term Fatal Attraction comes from. A partner having a child with someone else is one of the biggest triggers for the need for revenge.

Well part of the problem with this is the series itself. Juliette was referred to as a hexenbiest.