Grimm Forum
Hexenbiestdom - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Hexenbiestdom (/Thread-Hexenbiestdom)

RE: Hexenbiestdom - brandon - 10-24-2018

Maybe Adalind use other herbs.
She used what her mother would have had in her house- did it in the catherine ' s garage-.
Or maybe it was something that should have happened- baby Kelly-.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - irukandji - 10-24-2018

(10-24-2018, 06:06 PM)eric Wrote:
(10-24-2018, 05:02 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(10-24-2018, 04:46 PM)N_grimm Wrote:
(10-24-2018, 04:32 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(10-24-2018, 08:09 AM)eric Wrote: Another one of those unexpected side effects. Those hex's should do a little research on their potions and add warning labels.Big Grin

Adalind slept with Nick. She took her chances. Trying to rationalize it with some excuse only makes her look more foolish.

Adalind was Juliette, so the effects were not so obvious. This is after all sorcery, not bilology. But these obscure rituals always had some side effect.

It wasn't a side effect. She didn't put in a birth control agent like Elizabeth did when she prepared the reverse spell.
Okay, to you, Ikukandji, Dicappatore and anyone else who mistaked my apparently lame joke for a serious comment, I am sorry, I am sorry, I am sorry. I had no idea so many would think "hex's should put warning labels on their potions" was more than an attempt to add a little levity to the forum. SadSadSadSadSadSadSadSadSadWhen that book was written warning labels were not required, the 1967 session of the Wessen Council first made that a requirement. Better?

Eric, I was actually responding to N_grimm's comment. I am sorry, I should not have included your quote in my response. I know you were joking and you did put some levity into this thread, which is always welcome.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - dicappatore - 10-24-2018

(10-24-2018, 10:08 AM)eric Wrote:
(10-24-2018, 09:44 AM)dicappatore Wrote:
(10-24-2018, 08:09 AM)eric Wrote: Another one of those unexpected side effects. Those hex's should do a little research on their potions and add warning labels.Big Grin

As I saw Hexenbiest portrayed on the show included being irresponsible and promiscuous.
Catherine was banging Sean while Sean was also banging her daughter Adalind. Tell me neither of them knew? lol.
Adalind was no Sister Theresa.
Sean, the male version was another hoe.
Elizabeth was the king's mistress.
Henrietta? Why not, I's do her.
Frau Pech looked as is she went around the block more than a few times
What else could Juliette be? After she became a Hex too?

Unexpected side effects my ass, the species just didn't give a shitz.
Okay, I see you do not appreciate my sense of humor. I do agree that none of these were in line for citizens of the year. Heck, Hank was married 4 times(says something about his choice in women), Monroe "hunted" in the past-I for one do not think it was just Bugs Bunny and no one seemed to hold it against him, Rosalee was a drug addict who probably did a lot of unsavory things, nothing on Wu or Bud, they needed a better back story.

So we are in agreement. most were a bunch of hoes except for Wu, Bud and Nick?

(10-24-2018, 04:32 PM)irukandji Wrote:

Adalind slept with Nick. She took her chances. Trying to rationalize it with some excuse only makes her look more foolish.

Adalind was Juliette, so the effects were not so obvious. This is after all sorcery, not bilology. But these obscure rituals always had some side effect.

It wasn't a side effect. She didn't put in a birth control agent like Elizabeth did when she prepared the reverse spell.
Okay, to you, Ikukandji, Dicappatore and anyone else who mistaked my apparently lame joke for a serious comment, I am sorry, I am sorry, I am sorry. I had no idea so many would think "hex's should put warning labels on their potions" was more than an attempt to add a little levity to the forum. SadSadSadSadSadSadSadSadSadWhen that book was written warning labels were not required, the 1967 session of the Wessen Council first made that a requirement. Better?
OK, sorry, I get it. My sarcasm is a (cough) bit more harsh.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - N_grimm - 10-25-2018

(10-24-2018, 09:15 PM)irukandji Wrote:
(10-24-2018, 04:32 PM)irukandji Wrote: Adalind slept with Nick. She took her chances. Trying to rationalize it with some excuse only makes her look more foolish.

Eric, I was actually responding to N_grimm's comment. I am sorry, I should not have included your quote in my response. I know you were joking and you did put some levity into this thread, which is always welcome.

I was responding to your respond to eric’s comment – he was, as pointed out, trying to make a joke.

Regarding the “side effect”, this was a term Nick used to describe what happened: “What kind of side effects this time”?

If Adalind forgot to add the “Ferula tingitana” herb (birth control), it only proves that she didn’t “take a chance”, she made a mistake! No wonder she was surprised!

My only point was that in the tv-show Grimm, where a man interacts with witches and werewolfs and turns into a zombie, everything is possible - and nothing is obvious. For example: Juliette could have become pregnant because of Adalind’s spell if that was the writer’s intention. It was the opposite – to get rid of Juliette. (As a side note, Juliette first thought “her symptoms” were due to a pregnancy).

RE: Hexenbiestdom - irukandji - 10-25-2018

(10-25-2018, 04:32 AM)N_grimm Wrote: I was responding to your respond to eric’s comment – he was, as pointed out, trying to make a joke.

Regarding the “side effect”, this was a term Nick used to describe what happened: “What kind of side effects this time”?

If Adalind forgot to add the “Ferula tingitana” herb (birth control), it only proves that she didn’t “take a chance”, she made a mistake! No wonder she was surprised!

My only point was that in the tv-show Grimm, where a man interacts with witches and werewolfs and turns into a zombie, everything is possible - and nothing is obvious. For example: Juliette could have become pregnant because of Adalind’s spell if that was the writer’s intention. It was the opposite – to get rid of Juliette. (As a side note, Juliette first thought “her symptoms” were due to a pregnancy).

And I knew he was joking, hence the smiley face after his post. I was just pointing out that making excuses only served to make Adalind look foolish.

Adalind didn't forget the birth control agent. Instead she chose not to add it. She slept with Nick and took her chances. Otherwise she wouldn't have made the statement that she *believed* she wouldn't get pregnant.

(10-25-2018, 04:54 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(10-25-2018, 04:32 AM)N_grimm Wrote: I was responding to your respond to eric’s comment – he was, as pointed out, trying to make a joke.

And I knew he was joking, hence the smiley face after his post. I was just pointing out that making excuses only served to make Adalind look foolish.

Adalind didn't forget the birth control agent. Instead she chose not to add it. She slept with Nick and took her chances. Otherwise she wouldn't have made the statement that she *believed* she wouldn't get pregnant.

If that's your theory, okay. But you can’t say this is a fact. Why would Adalind want to exclude such an important ingredient on purpose? What if she didn’t forget it, but the herb was too old or for other reasons didn’t work? All of this is speculations. You make everything sound like facts.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - brandon - 10-25-2018

She did not go to buy in the spice shop.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - Henry of green - 10-25-2018

(10-25-2018, 05:08 AM)N_grimm Wrote:
(10-25-2018, 04:54 AM)irukandji Wrote:

If that's your theory, okay. But you can’t say this is a fact. Why would Adalind want to exclude such an important ingredient on purpose? What if she didn’t forget it, but the herb was too old or for other reasons didn’t work? All of this is speculations. You make everything sound like facts.

N Grimm, it truly amazes me how some posters are happy to question 100 percent proven canon facts that were never once disputed on the show, like Nick being Kelly’s father. yet are happy to make up their own nonsense from thin air and call it fact for something else that suits thier own narrative.

Adalind was under a lot of pressure at the time of making the potion I’m sure birth control wouldn’t have been at the top of her priority list especially considering she stated in 4x19 she didn’t think it a possible to get pregnant that way. After all Adalind is smart yes but she can also be very naive and impulsive especially under pressure.

(10-25-2018, 05:41 AM)Henry of green Wrote: N Grimm, it truly amazes me how some posters are happy to question 100 percent proven canon facts that were never once disputed on the show like Nick being Kelly’s father. yet are happy to make up their own nonsense from thin air and call it fact for something else that suits thier own narrative

Yes, it's amazing!

RE: Hexenbiestdom - irukandji - 10-25-2018

(10-25-2018, 05:08 AM)N_grimm Wrote: You make everything sound like facts.

Oh, when did I call all of this factual?

Just so I don't get misinterpreted, this question is purely speculation:

Did it ever occur to you that Adalind could have deliberately left the “Ferula tingitana” herb out of the potion?