Grimm Forum
Hexenbiestdom - Printable Version

+- Grimm Forum (https://grimmforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Grimm Universe (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Universe)
+--- Forum: Grimm Discussions (https://grimmforum.com/forum/Forum-Grimm-Discussions)
+--- Thread: Hexenbiestdom (/Thread-Hexenbiestdom)

RE: Hexenbiestdom - rpmaluki - 10-11-2018

HW Portland was destroyed and never rebuilt as their operation continued elsewhere. She was their deadliest and most efficient operative against BC and they left her behind to finish the job without her. She was not only homeless but basically jobless even after she had recovered from whatever the stick did to her. All of S6, she wasn't working for HW. She had no idea what was happening with HW. It took Trubel coming back at the end to inform the whole group, including Eve, of BC's destruction. After the second episode she could do whatever, go wherever she wanted because HW no longer needed her services. It's not like they came calling after she was fully recovered. They'd moved on without her. If you think she wasn't let go, that's your choice.

I do think the stick fixed Juliette so I'm not going to argue that.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - irukandji - 10-12-2018

Remember when Renard fired Nick, Hank and Wu? He didn't pass the message on to anyone, he did it himself. That did not happen to Eve.

What I have yet to read from anyone is a theory as to where Eve was from the time of of this so called firing until she showed up in the tunnels, episodes later. If she considered herself "let go", wouldn't she immediately be looking for housing arrangements? Keep in mind, she no longer had her car to live in. Nick gave it to Adalind.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - rpmaluki - 10-12-2018

Between the tunnels (we see her there along with the rest of the gang and Bud) and the spice shop (where she had that weird vision) since Nick was hiding out at the time (for the first three episodes). There was no HW to go back to, unless she went back to the very destroyed base where many of her colleagues were murdered.

HW is a covert secret government agency with oversight from God know where. They don't follow a structured system like the police force with established protocols. They kidnapped a woman, practically brainwashed her from being a vengeful maniac, cleaned up a murder scene in the home of one of Portland's detectives without so much as raising a whisper, with said cop likely still in the house. HW was working with wesen that the most humans knew nothing of their existence, who would she run to for being unfairly dismissed with no reason why beyond "they just want Grimms"? Eve herself never mentions HW once after that awkward exchange with Trubel, not even during her big speech to Nick in episode 11. In a deleted scene Adalind specifically said she had nowhere else to go and this is after they talked after finding her in the tunnels, reiterated when she decided to move out and Monroe was wary (at first) of her moving in with him and Rosalee. That played out on the show, no hypothesis needed to draw that conclusion that Eve was adrift for most of S6 and the matter with Z was the only thing that gave her focus and purpose and HW was nowhere involved. Even Trubel briefly left HW to find Nick when she sensed danger and how it involved him. There was zero exchange between her and Eve about HW beyond Trubel informing the whole group (including Eve) how successful HW was in destroying BC because they were no longer working side by side. You want something verbatim (e.g. DT's "you're FIRED!") I can't help you there.

I have put forth my point of view with some scenes to help support my POV. If this isn't enough for you, can you at least provide similar scenes to back up your claim, even if it's just one scene (anything really) that shows Eve maintaining her connection to HW post S06E02. I'd actually like to hear it.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - brandon - 10-12-2018

I do not think Eve wanted to return to the life of Juliette.
That side personality was dead

There are no scenes. You know that. Nor are there any scenes between Eve and HW where they came right out and fired her. You know that.

The assumption that she was fired is based on an ambiguous statement made by Trubel. Eve doesn't report to Trubel, they rarely worked together, and Trubel knew next to nothing about Eve's background. There are scenes to support that.

It would have been very easy for the series to provide proof that Eve had been fired from HW. Trubel is not that proof.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - brandon - 10-12-2018

I do not think she would have been fired, they could have given her another assignment after reordering after the final battle.
Have left it to her choice, that she could join another group, go to Europe

RE: Hexenbiestdom - rpmaluki - 10-12-2018

(10-12-2018, 05:51 AM)irukandji Wrote: There are no scenes. You know that. Nor are there any scenes between Eve and HW where they came right out and fired her. You know that.

The assumption that she was fired is based on an ambiguous statement made by Trubel. Eve doesn't report to Trubel, they rarely worked together, and Trubel knew next to nothing about Eve's background. There are scenes to support that.

It would have been very easy for the series to provide proof that Eve had been fired from HW. Trubel is not that proof.
Yet Trubel was the one that was shown to stick by Eve's side when the loft was attacked and everyone else had split up. It may not be much to you but it's something to me. At that point she was a lot closer to her than Nick's friends, not even Monroe and Rosalee, who were still wary of her because of the mess with Juliette and her being turned into a robotic killer by a secret group. When HW contacted Trubel at the spice shop, Eve specifically asked Trubel if she was also called back to duty as she was. They didn't. Clearly they hadn't made contact with her after BC attacked the HW base and killed Meisner, Eve's handler for all intents and purposes. Any security organisation would want to make contact with all assets remaining after such a brutal attack on one of their bases (or else they aren't worth their salt), Eve was one of HW best (we were lead to believe that in S5) but they remained very conspicuously silent on her front while Trubel was called back hardly 48 hrs after the attack.

Eve is a wesen and for whatever reason, HW requested just grimms for the rest of their missions. Take that as you will but it seemed to me they didn't need her anymore, not even on the case she worked so hard on in S5. Trubel was basically Eve's last remaining connection to HW in Portland from everything that was shown on screen and with her gone for pretty much the whole S6, it stands to reason that she was no longer under HW's employment for as long as she stayed in Portland.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - dicappatore - 10-12-2018

Folks, All I can say, at least I will attest when I wish to share my shows fantasies as such, I promise not to try to create what did not happen, as factual.

As for Juliette's work situation. I have had a few jobs over my years working. add in all my family, friends and acquaintances I have know to had jobs. In all my experiences, I never saw someone quitting from an organization/job that did not exist. Maybe "SOME" are just too naive to figure that out.

Like brandon said:
(10-11-2018, 09:34 AM)brandon Wrote: I do not think Eve got checks.
It was a secret organization- HW- and they could be traced.
Nick saw that Trubel had enough cash in the wallet.

She was probably paid in cash as, most likely, all the rest were. Once HW was gone from Portland, the cash flow ended also.

(10-12-2018, 06:21 AM)brandon Wrote: I do not think she would have been fired, they could have given her another assignment after reordering after the final battle.

Exactly.

RE: Hexenbiestdom - Hell Rell - 10-12-2018

(10-12-2018, 09:37 AM)irukandji Wrote:
(10-12-2018, 06:21 AM)brandon Wrote: I do not think she would have been fired, they could have given her another assignment after reordering after the final battle.

Exactly.

But that never happened. HW not keeping in contact with Juliette but still utilizing Trubel is pretty much equivalent to them firing her. I think there would'be been a scene later in the season telling us Juliette had the option to return. They got what they wanted out of her and discarded her. It was a way of showing that Juliette had lost the one thing that gave her purpose. Trubel returned in the penultimate episode and still there was no mention of Juliette as it relates to HW even after Trubel mentioned them specifically.